There are 269 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
He gets open a lot it seems. Hopefully he starts getting more targets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Delanie Walker May have dropped passes but McDonald can't get separation from slow LBs.

Totally disagree McDonald needs more looks. Guy can be great.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.

NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..

He can catch. Just give him more time and opportunities!
There is no reason in the world why a converted defensive end, now full back from the 7th (?) round gets more opportunity than our 2nd round TE. None. I don't care if he dropped a pass or two. Feed this kid the ball until catching is second nature. He probably just has the jitters and even more so since he only gets one shot every two games. Did I mention they are usually low percentage throws? We have no idea how to develop offensive talent on this team. None. Everyone who has produced for Harbs and Roman was a veteran before they got here.
[ Edited by DanSkutaHOF on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM ]
Jesus Christ! I swear some of you need to look up the word; objective. McDonald has had his fair share of drops but so have BOLDIN, DAVIS, AND MANNINGHAM. Go to NFL.com and look up just about any Niners game this year. The statistics section will show you the targets and catches made. Boldin and Davis drop at least 2 a game too but I don't see anyone of you flipping out over that. McDonald is a rookie. He's had to come in and make an immediate impact blocking. He's done a great job so show a little damn appreciation. The more he learns the offense and becomes comfortable he's going to be good for 2-3 1st downs a game and 4-5 TDs a season which is EXACTLY what Harbaugh wants out of a #2. First and foremost he has to be able to block so mission accomplished.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM ]
Originally posted by DanSkutaHOF:
There is no reason in the world why a converted defensive end, now full back from the 7th (?) round gets more opportunity than our 2nd round TE. None. I don't care if he dropped a pass or two. Feed this kid the ball until catching is second nature. He probably just has the jitters and even more so since he only gets one shot every two games. Did I mention they are usually low percentage throws? We have no idea how to develop offensive talent on this team. None. Everyone who has produced for Harbs and Roman was a veteran before they got here.

that's all there is to it

macdonald has shown if he gets more than 1 chance a game he can make plays and run after the catch.

he was the leading receiver in pre season until he got hurt.

if im viewing the stats correctly

delanie walker had only 21 catches last year, bruce miller had 12

our 2 TE does not make catches that often. I understand with everyone injured, he would maybe be used more, but i think expectations were too high for him. "Feeding him the ball" i am not sure about that in this offense
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Delanie Walker May have dropped passes but McDonald can't get separation from slow LBs.

Dude beat one of the best lb in the game keukly in that gif, he definitely can get separation he just needs opportunities
Originally posted by ads_2006:

our 2 TE does not make catches that often. I understand with everyone injured, he would maybe be used more, but i think expectations were too high for him. "Feeding him the ball" i am not sure about that in this offense

I think you might want to look up passes thrown his way first to make your point.

Last year was weird with Walker...before last season, he was one of our reliable pass catchers....but something happened last year where he was dropping easy passes. Contract year maybe? trying to do too much?

but now the opportunity is here. miller shouldn't go out for another pass this season.

Crab Boldin VD command coverage.

manningham macdonald rb eats up the space they create.

should be a well oiled machine

Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for jonesadrian.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I think you might want to look up passes thrown his way first to make your point.

Last year was weird with Walker...before last season, he was one of our reliable pass catchers....but something happened last year where he was dropping easy passes. Contract year maybe? trying to do too much?

no idea what happened to delanie but it was almost automatic he wouldn't catch it. it was more shocking when he did
Originally posted by Afrikan:

what? he never had more than 29 catches in a season, thrown his way or not, he wasnt here for his pass catching. he was deemed a swiss army knife cause he could fill in at multiple positions to block or as a decoy

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WalkHu00.htm
Vance will be excellent!

It's just a matter of good coaching and developing his ability.

Not using him is STUPID at best.

I remember, it was a LONG time ago, when Jerry Rice dropped the ball on the way to a TD against the Giants and people said Freddy Solomon was better.

Horse Poop to that and to not getting Vance more involved.

It was a very good move letting Delaine walk and Goldson, Soap and RJF.

We're a better team.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's no Gronk or J.Graham
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's no Gronk or J.Graham

not yet.
Share 49ersWebzone