There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
That ball is in both your hands, you make the catch. no excuses. Not like the LB ripped at the ball, he pulled on his arm.

I've seen a young version of Vernon Davis drop balls like that. He didn't have the pass catching magnets he has now when he was first drafted. It took him more than a few opportunities.

Jerry Rice also dropped a LOT of balls in his rookie year. Dude had hands of STONE. It seemed like every pass Montana threw in his direction clanked off his hands during his first eight games.

And then -- a light snapped on. Same with Vernon. Vance will get there. Patience
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
And if Bowman would have hauled in the int we would have won. SO many possibilities! Doesn't matter anymore. We lost, time to move on and get ready for the saints

You're right, time to move on... but damn, that would have been a SUPER tough pick by Bowman. He jumped and the ball scraped off of his fingertips.

my first take after seeing the replay, and i havent seen it since. was that bowman play was a ball tipped into the air that he had a very low chance to actually intercept.

I think he mistimed his jump.

he just can't catch
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.

NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
That ball is in both your hands, you make the catch. no excuses. Not like the LB ripped at the ball, he pulled on his arm.

yup, gotta make that catch, no excuses there. beautiful pass by kap, maybe his only one of the day unfortunately.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly

Exactly. They need to come to McDonald more often. Allow him to make a play. That one bad pass play is skewing many peoples' perception of him.

Guys, this is the NFL. He is a paid professional. He has to stay ready. We are putting this guy on training wheels. Come on.

I don't think repeatedly targeting a guy is putting on the training wheels. If anything, it's baptism by fire and sink or swim. It's not like we're saying Kaep should throw underhanded to him or toss nice touch passes up. Just get the guy involved. Let him demonstrate whether or not he is the guy or do we need to look at TE again early in the draft.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..
Delanie Walker May have dropped passes but McDonald can't get separation from slow LBs.
Nice to see McDonald catching a pass. He is getting open quite a bit. Just not sure Kaep trust him fully.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Delanie Walker May have dropped passes but McDonald can't get separation from slow LBs.

that's just not true.

he gets open when they actually allow him to do more than block and decoy.

if they keep the aggressiveness up you'll see him free in the middle of the field a lot with boldin crab and vd.

Oh, the irony.

Whats up Buzz! ahaha
He gets open a lot it seems. Hopefully he starts getting more targets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Totally disagree McDonald needs more looks. Guy can be great.

He can catch. Just give him more time and opportunities!
There is no reason in the world why a converted defensive end, now full back from the 7th (?) round gets more opportunity than our 2nd round TE. None. I don't care if he dropped a pass or two. Feed this kid the ball until catching is second nature. He probably just has the jitters and even more so since he only gets one shot every two games. Did I mention they are usually low percentage throws? We have no idea how to develop offensive talent on this team. None. Everyone who has produced for Harbs and Roman was a veteran before they got here.
[ Edited by DanSkutaHOF on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM ]
Jesus Christ! I swear some of you need to look up the word; objective. McDonald has had his fair share of drops but so have BOLDIN, DAVIS, AND MANNINGHAM. Go to NFL.com and look up just about any Niners game this year. The statistics section will show you the targets and catches made. Boldin and Davis drop at least 2 a game too but I don't see anyone of you flipping out over that. McDonald is a rookie. He's had to come in and make an immediate impact blocking. He's done a great job so show a little damn appreciation. The more he learns the offense and becomes comfortable he's going to be good for 2-3 1st downs a game and 4-5 TDs a season which is EXACTLY what Harbaugh wants out of a #2. First and foremost he has to be able to block so mission accomplished.
[ Edited by eonblue on Nov 26, 2013 at 9:11 PM ]