There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

That game was garbage, but he dropped an easy FG that could have sealed the game.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
one pass per game directed at him, and people wonder why he doesnt look good. wonder what kind of looks he during prep time? maybe 3

Well, to be fair, he's no Manningham...who had 3 passes his way. LOL
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
That game was garbage, but he dropped an easy FG that could have sealed the game.

Yea if he would've caught that, we would've won, and people would actually be complimenting our passing game for getting the W without VD.

See how thin that line is?!
That ball is in both your hands, you make the catch. no excuses. Not like the LB ripped at the ball, he pulled on his arm.

Thanks for posting Chaz... that was inexcusable. People who are complaining that "he only got targeted once," maybe if he caught balls like that he would get targeted more. Just cause he only got targeted once, does that somehow give him an excuse to drop that pass? Its all relative, not ever drop is equal. That drop was HUGE.
And if Bowman would have hauled in the int we would have won. SO many possibilities! Doesn't matter anymore. We lost, time to move on and get ready for the saints
[ Edited by NJNiner on Nov 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:
And if Bowman would have hauled in the int we would have won. SO many possibilities! Doesn't matter anymore. We lost, time to move on and get ready for the saints

You're right, time to move on... but damn, that would have been a SUPER tough pick by Bowman. He jumped and the ball scraped off of his fingertips.

Yup. The saddest part is they made way more mistakes then us. Its like they were giving us the game. We even got the benefit of a blown call on that VD pass play.

We just didn't want the win and gave it back to them.
Originally posted by sacniner:

You're right, time to move on... but damn, that would have been a SUPER tough pick by Bowman. He jumped and the ball scraped off of his fingertips.

And the 3rd down drop by Steve Smith that would of extended the drive for an easy FG

my first take after seeing the replay, and i havent seen it since. was that bowman play was a ball tipped into the air that he had a very low chance to actually intercept.
Originally posted by crabman82:

my first take after seeing the replay, and i havent seen it since. was that bowman play was a ball tipped into the air that he had a very low chance to actually intercept.

I think he mistimed his jump.
Great throw, but there's a reason most OCs don't send their TEs deep. WRs have a much better shot at coming down with the ball.

Vance is monster. We need to be getting the ball in his hands within 15 yds and let him turn upfield. I'd love to see us use more quick passes and screen plays.
you can show it in slow-mo all you want, but it wont change the fact that it was a difficult catch. even in slow motion, it shows how little time he actually had to get a good grip on the ball. if he would've tucked it and maybe took another step, then there's no excuse for that. but he never got the chance to tuck or make a football move.
Every young LB should watch tape of this play...not only is he running with a TE all the way down the middle of the field, but he rips back the TE's arm at the perfect time with his left arm while ALSO wrapping him up with his right arm that not only helps secure a tackle but also puts himself in position to punch out the ball had VMcD been able to tuck it in somehow. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a great play. Trust me, the opposition usually has to do that towards OUR players almost every game. Text book!
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Great throw, but there's a reason most OCs don't send their TEs deep. WRs have a much better shot at coming down with the ball.

Vance is monster. We need to be getting the ball in his hands within 15 yds and let him turn upfield. I'd love to see us use more quick passes and screen plays.

Brilliant post buddy. VD is our deep threat because of his speed. VM should be used as a more traditional TE. Curls, quick outs ,digs, etc.