There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

This dude needs to step the fucc up!
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly

Exactly. They need to come to McDonald more often. Allow him to make a play. That one bad pass play is skewing many peoples' perception of him.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly

Exactly. They need to come to McDonald more often. Allow him to make a play. That one bad pass play is skewing many peoples' perception of him.

yup. Throw him some short ones before launching one deep for him.

As much as Roman shines at times, he goes the opposite direction much more often. I don't get it.

Guys, this is the NFL. He is a paid professional. He has to stay ready. We are putting this guy on training wheels. Come on.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

Guys, this is the NFL. He is a paid professional. He has to stay ready. We are putting this guy on training wheels. Come on.

He caught the ball, not his fault Kuechly is equally as fast, if not faster than him and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Coaches need to be more diverse in their targeting/scheming for offensive players. I refer you to the"real problem with the offense" thread, read the very in-depth post on the last page or so.
Bottom line is that we shouldn't have to depend upon a rookie TE to make a difficult catch to win us a game. Yes it would've been nice for him to catch it but it would have been nice for VD not to fumble the ball on the 5 yard line or for Kendal Hunter to fumble, etc etc.
Originally posted by sfout:
He caught the ball, not his fault Kuechly is equally as fast, if not faster than him and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Coaches need to be more diverse in their targeting/scheming for offensive players. I refer you to the"real problem with the offense" thread, read the very in-depth post on the last page or so.

Seriously? He didn't catch it. He dropped it after it was in his hands. And how the hell is it "not his fault" that the LB was able to break it up. Sure, it may be somewhat difficult but those plays are what wins games. Hold on to the ball. Even if he is ripping your arm. NFL TEs and WRs do this every week. Gimme a break.

Seriously? He didn't catch it. He dropped it after it was in his hands. And how the hell is it "not his fault" that the LB was able to break it up. Sure, it may be somewhat difficult but those plays are what wins games. Hold on to the ball. Even if he is ripping your arm. NFL TEs and WRs do this every week. Gimme a break.

This. His rep out of college was good hands, but he's had a fair share of drops/bobbles for as few times as he's been targeted. As far as I'm concerned, at the Pro level, given their experience and pay grade, if it's in your hands, you catch it! JMHO

This. His rep out of college was good hands, but he's had a fair share of drops/bobbles for as few times as he's been targeted. As far as I'm concerned, at the Pro level, given their experience and pay grade, if it's in your hands, you catch it! JMHO
Vance is the new stone hands.
THAT was a great play by the LB. Vance had it and was pulling it in AS the LB ripped his arm back forcing the drop. Text book play. Perfect throw, perfect route, perfect position but unfortunately, perfect play by the LB. That is not one that would be charted as a "drop."
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Pass interference
one pass per game directed at him, and people wonder why he doesnt look good. wonder what kind of looks he during prep time? maybe 3