LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Again, he needs to hold on. You have to make a play in that situation. Other QBs have guys make tough plays. We needed that play. Bottom line.

He needs to catch it but Im not blaming the loss on that play. At this point for a guy who has been used like a lineman all year, Im not going to kill him for it.

Not killing him. His job as an NFL TE: block and catch the ball. He was a WR in college and his hands are what got him to the NFL. Of course there are many other factors to the loss, but offensively, that was arguably the biggest. Late in the game. To get us in the redzone. When we have been struggling all game. The best pass from Kap BY FAR all game. HAVE to make that play. If not, well, we saw what happened. We lost. That play alone, literally, could have won us the game. At the minimum it would have setup a relatively easy FG attempt. The kid needs to step up. NOW. This is the NFL, not Rice University. He needs to bring it in NO.

i agree but not only was it a hard catch i believe it was his first and only target of the game?
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly
Originally posted by Empire49:

perfect position to rip his arm back, its a hard catch with his arm in that position

Again, he needs to hold on. You have to make a play in that situation. Other QBs have guys make tough plays. We needed that play. Bottom line.

This.

I am so piss off.. He failed a catch it cuz he seem too scare when someone hit on him but there is no ones hit on him yet.. He was soooo blind!!!!!!!.. ... And i blame to v.david when he did catch and fumble it. Then he was an injured.. Wtf.. I think. He was lost his strong in body cuz he didnt focus his work out for gain his strong body. He is going down his body and probably weak his body goes down. Wtf..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Empire49:

perfect position to rip his arm back, its a hard catch with his arm in that position

This.

I am so piss off.. He failed a catch it cuz he seem too scare when someone hit on him but there is no ones hit on him yet.. He was soooo blind!!!!!!!.. ... And i blame to v.david when he did catch and fumble it. Then he was an injured.. Wtf.. I think. He was lost his strong in body cuz he didnt focus his work out for gain his strong body. He is going down his body and probably weak his body goes down. Wtf..

This.
Vernon Davis is fine buzz, this clown is the one who cant catch.
This dude needs to step the fucc up!
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly

Exactly. They need to come to McDonald more often. Allow him to make a play. That one bad pass play is skewing many peoples' perception of him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Exactly. They need to come to McDonald more often. Allow him to make a play. That one bad pass play is skewing many peoples' perception of him.

yup. Throw him some short ones before launching one deep for him.

As much as Roman shines at times, he goes the opposite direction much more often. I don't get it.

Guys, this is the NFL. He is a paid professional. He has to stay ready. We are putting this guy on training wheels. Come on.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Guys, this is the NFL. He is a paid professional. He has to stay ready. We are putting this guy on training wheels. Come on.

He caught the ball, not his fault Kuechly is equally as fast, if not faster than him and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Coaches need to be more diverse in their targeting/scheming for offensive players. I refer you to the"real problem with the offense" thread, read the very in-depth post on the last page or so.

Bottom line is that we shouldn't have to depend upon a rookie TE to make a difficult catch to win us a game. Yes it would've been nice for him to catch it but it would have been nice for VD not to fumble the ball on the 5 yard line or for Kendal Hunter to fumble, etc etc.
Originally posted by sfout:
He caught the ball, not his fault Kuechly is equally as fast, if not faster than him and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Coaches need to be more diverse in their targeting/scheming for offensive players. I refer you to the"real problem with the offense" thread, read the very in-depth post on the last page or so.

Seriously? He didn't catch it. He dropped it after it was in his hands. And how the hell is it "not his fault" that the LB was able to break it up. Sure, it may be somewhat difficult but those plays are what wins games. Hold on to the ball. Even if he is ripping your arm. NFL TEs and WRs do this every week. Gimme a break.

Seriously? He didn't catch it. He dropped it after it was in his hands. And how the hell is it "not his fault" that the LB was able to break it up. Sure, it may be somewhat difficult but those plays are what wins games. Hold on to the ball. Even if he is ripping your arm. NFL TEs and WRs do this every week. Gimme a break.

This. His rep out of college was good hands, but he's had a fair share of drops/bobbles for as few times as he's been targeted. As far as I'm concerned, at the Pro level, given their experience and pay grade, if it's in your hands, you catch it! JMHO

This. His rep out of college was good hands, but he's had a fair share of drops/bobbles for as few times as he's been targeted. As far as I'm concerned, at the Pro level, given their experience and pay grade, if it's in your hands, you catch it! JMHO
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Share 49ersWebzone