There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by jreff22:

perfect position to rip his arm back, its a hard catch with his arm in that position

Again, he needs to hold on. You have to make a play in that situation. Other QBs have guys make tough plays. We needed that play. Bottom line.
Originally posted by sacniner:

perfect position to rip his arm back, its a hard catch with his arm in that position

Again, he needs to hold on. You have to make a play in that situation. Other QBs have guys make tough plays. We needed that play. Bottom line.

This.

He needs to catch it but Im not blaming the loss on that play. At this point for a guy who has been used like a lineman all year, Im not going to kill him for it.

He needs to catch it but Im not blaming the loss on that play. At this point for a guy who has been used like a lineman all year, Im not going to kill him for it.

Not killing him. His job as an NFL TE: block and catch the ball. He was a WR in college and his hands are what got him to the NFL. Of course there are many other factors to the loss, but offensively, that was arguably the biggest. Late in the game. To get us in the redzone. When we have been struggling all game. The best pass from Kap BY FAR all game. HAVE to make that play. If not, well, we saw what happened. We lost. That play alone, literally, could have won us the game. At the minimum it would have setup a relatively easy FG attempt. The kid needs to step up. NOW. This is the NFL, not Rice University. He needs to bring it in NO.
Butterfingers!!
Apart from this play he hasn't done squat all season. He's had plenty of snaps to make an impact and has simply has not. Remember Vernon has missed quite a bit of playing time so far so spare me with the all the "he hasn't been given enough chances to play" talk. I said it on draft day. I wanted Ertz or Gavin Escobar. More so Escobar.
[ Edited by 951NINER on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM ]
Jreff, the NFL Films guy basically quoted a few things I said in this thread regarding this play. He HAD to make that play. In that situation.

Everybody wanted to dump Walker to make THESE catches.

Vance is young and I see the potential, but at this early point of his career.... He hasn't been an upgrade over Delanie. He will soon I hope
I say Kaep should throw it to him in games until either A) Vance proves he is the guy to replace and be an upgrade over Delanie Walker or B) Vance proves he isn't as good as Delanie Walker. He needs more targets. Lots more. McDonald will never reach his potential until he is involved more in this offense. One of the main reasons we know that Kyle has reached his "potential" is because he has had ample opportunities to show us who he is.

In McDonald's defense, I wouldn't call this a Delanie Walker type of drop however (see the Rams game from last year). The defender did have his arm. But in that situation, McDonald does have to make that play.
vance mcnuggets

Not killing him. His job as an NFL TE: block and catch the ball. He was a WR in college and his hands are what got him to the NFL. Of course there are many other factors to the loss, but offensively, that was arguably the biggest. Late in the game. To get us in the redzone. When we have been struggling all game. The best pass from Kap BY FAR all game. HAVE to make that play. If not, well, we saw what happened. We lost. That play alone, literally, could have won us the game. At the minimum it would have setup a relatively easy FG attempt. The kid needs to step up. NOW. This is the NFL, not Rice University. He needs to bring it in NO.

i agree but not only was it a hard catch i believe it was his first and only target of the game?
hes got to get more involved in the offense along with many other players we have....i blame play calling for that mainly
Originally posted by Empire49:

This.

I am so piss off.. He failed a catch it cuz he seem too scare when someone hit on him but there is no ones hit on him yet.. He was soooo blind!!!!!!!.. ... And i blame to v.david when he did catch and fumble it. Then he was an injured.. Wtf.. I think. He was lost his strong in body cuz he didnt focus his work out for gain his strong body. He is going down his body and probably weak his body goes down. Wtf..
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Empire49:

This.

I am so piss off.. He failed a catch it cuz he seem too scare when someone hit on him but there is no ones hit on him yet.. He was soooo blind!!!!!!!.. ... And i blame to v.david when he did catch and fumble it. Then he was an injured.. Wtf.. I think. He was lost his strong in body cuz he didnt focus his work out for gain his strong body. He is going down his body and probably weak his body goes down. Wtf..

This.
Vernon Davis is fine buzz, this clown is the one who cant catch.