There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Roman loves the roll-out to Miller. I'm hoping that McDonald can get into action too...

that's basically it all it is. he's proving he can be a wonderful blocker or else he wouldn't even be on the field. when he gets it he always makes a play and is tough to bring down. simply use him in place of miller with those passes and we'll get some big gainers and some highlight plays. he even spread out wide in college so imagine a formation with baldwin on one side boldin on the other and both vd and macdonald in the slot.. how do you even begin to defend that?

and it's aactually a two te set so you could pass out of that and realistically run a screen out of that set with them two as the main blockers against nickel backs.
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Sep 27, 2013 at 10:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:

edit- damn didn't know someone beat me to it... well you get two angles.

I will always love McDonald for this play.
love this guy, gotta get him more involved in the passing game
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agree! But he has to restrain himself from trying to leap over guys all the time lol. One of these days he's going to take a nasty fall.
theyre gonna need him this year with all our receivers getting broken. all our remaining targets are huge. VD, McDonald, Boldin and Baldwin. thats a massive receiver group
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Agree! But he has to restrain himself from trying to leap over guys all the time lol. One of these days he's going to take a nasty fall.

He's just trying to idolize Vernon, that's all.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
theyre gonna need him this year with all our receivers getting broken. all our remaining targets are huge. VD, McDonald, Boldin and Baldwin. thats a massive receiver group

Really should've been the primary group day 1.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
He's just trying to idolize Vernon, that's all.

You think he can dunk any better??

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 28, 2013 at 5:33 AM ]
lol @ Harbaugh comparing him to Dalton in Road House according to Mayock & Nessler
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Roman loves the roll-out to Miller. I'm hoping that McDonald can get into action too...

that's basically it all it is. he's proving he can be a wonderful blocker or else he wouldn't even be on the field. when he gets it he always makes a play and is tough to bring down. simply use him in place of miller with those passes and we'll get some big gainers and some highlight plays. he even spread out wide in college so imagine a formation with baldwin on one side boldin on the other and both vd and macdonald in the slot.. how do you even begin to defend that?

and it's aactually a two te set so you could pass out of that and realistically run a screen out of that set with them two as the main blockers against nickel backs.
I like it. Put the big guys out there and murder fools
Originally posted by swayze:
lol @ Harbaugh comparing him to Dalton in Road House according to Mayock & Nessler

Strong username to content correlation.

I've said since day one I thought McDonald would come in day one and contribute. I thought he would make a great security blanket. A few things that have hurt him or stopped him from contributing more so far: 1. We haven't used 2 TE sets enough 2. Celek has gotten in there instead of McDonald at times 3. Drops 4. Kap not looking his way. Some times when guys drop balls the QB stops trusting them and looking their way. Not sure that's the case but could be. Just in general I don't think Kap trust anyone besides Boldin and VD. Anyways, McDonald just has to hit the jugs machine before and after practice with Davis. Now that we pulled our head out of our butts we should start to see more 2 TE sets. Kap will slowly get to trust other guys like McDonald and possibly Baldwin.
Wow. This thread has been pretty quiet for a month. He has had a pretty quiet but solid season. About once a game I see him having a key block in the run game. I wish Kaep would target him a few more times a game though. Maybe the coaches are waiting to unleash him during the playoffs. In the mean time it seems they are starting him off with milk instead of going straight to the meat. Teaching him to first master blocking, then will let him loose as a pass catcher. Remember that long bomb to him that Kaep overthrew in the titans game? I see a lot of big plays and blocks from this guy in the future.
Originally posted by QBguru:
Wow. This thread has been pretty quiet for a month. He has had a pretty quiet but solid season. About once a game I see him having a key block in the run game. I wish Kaep would target him a few more times a game though. Maybe the coaches are waiting to unleash him during the playoffs. In the mean time it seems they are starting him off with milk instead of going straight to the meat. Teaching him to first master blocking, then will let him loose as a pass catcher. Remember that long bomb to him that Kaep overthrew in the titans game? I see a lot of big plays and blocks from this guy in the future.

he's an excellent blocker. they don't even bring in anyone else. him and vernon are true dual threats in today's nfl.

and he showed he can make himself available on scramble plays. sky is the limit especially even when manningham comes back you have 3 passing options you have to respect which gets him 1 on 1 matchups or even better zone matchups where he can sit down and catch passes.

and then when crabtree comes back... nobody will be even thinking about covering him which will be a very fatal mistake
not being utilized enough in the passing game dude was basically a receiver in college..but his blocking has been very solid and i see a bright future for him
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home