LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 313 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Celek for Chris Matthews or Celek for a 7th.

Chris Matthews

Celek isn't probably even worth a sixth. So it's a 7th,Matthews ,another body or we possibly end up releasing him anyway .

Would you move Vance for a 4th&6th?

Celek has a cap hit of $2.5 million and Baltimore has $3.5 million in space...they'd need to up the draft pick for either guy to allow us to take that cap hit imo...Chris Matthews is garbage and doesn't belong in the discussion for anything imo. He's not even gonna make their roster

FYI we got a 5th for derick carrier who's done even less than celek

Carrier was young, cheap and was seen as someone with a ceiling since he was an ex WR I believe. I'm just thinking ravens traded us boldin and Zu for 6ths lol. If we could package Celek and Dial for a fourth and a TC body id be happy. Or take on an expiring contract from them if they want McDonald.
Celek would be a good option for them, and I'd try to get the best draft pick we can get by trading him.
Carrier was young, cheap and was seen as someone with a ceiling since he was an ex WR I believe. I'm just thinking ravens traded us boldin and Zu for 6ths lol. If we could package Celek and Dial for a fourth and a TC body id be happy. Or take on an expiring contract from them if they want McDonald.

They were against the cap with those guys and they're the ones that need a TE in June not us lol
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Barnidge has been declining heavily. If Barnidge is so good, then how come no one has signed him, yet teams were calling us asking about McDonald in trade? Weird? They could just sign Barnidge for a million or two, but instead would rather look to trade for a guy making 2-3 times that?

I don't think there's any connection between Barnidge not signing and Vance McDonald being talked about in trade rumors. Nor do I think it speaks to GB's lack of value around the league.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Time to move him to Baltimore with Pitta retiring

Chris Matthews

Celek isn't probably even worth a sixth. So it's a 7th,Matthews ,another body or we possibly end up releasing him anyway .

he's not even worth a 7th. much better players go for 6ths and 7ths, we got Boldin for a 6th lol. nobody will trade for him. same with Vance, 7th at best.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Jun 2, 2017 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Chris Matthews

he's not even worth a 7th. much better players go for 6ths and 7ths, we got Boldin for a 6th lol. nobody will trade for him. same with Vance, 7th at best.

Boldin was also making 6-7 million and was seen as having lil tread left in his tires. McDonald is barely about to hit his prime.

7th for McDonald lol.

But they're all pro players just with bad qb play.
Originally posted by Dakes44:

Oh jeez, you need a hug.

Oh jeez, you need a hug.

Im just stating what has been said on this thread. Im sorry if you take offense.

Oh jeez, you need a hug.

Im just stating what has been said on this thread. Im sorry if you take offense.

I'm not offended. Who said that? One or two people, or one or two people who agreed on that persons view on things?
It's a weak comment that offers absolutely nothing with pure reaching saying something like that. I don't even need to explain, moving on lol.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 3, 2017 at 1:55 AM ]
I think Celek would be a good trade target for the Ravens. Celek is more of a receiving TE, than a blocking TE like McDonald. Celek also would only count just over 6 million for 3 years to the Ravens if we trade him there. Celek basically will be making 2 million a year there, which is pretty cheap for a descent TE. I bet we could easily snag a 6th for Celek, due to his cheap contract, and 3 years team control. We got TWO 5th rounders for Carrier, because we took the cap hit on his signing bonus, and his base salary was cheap. Same applies to Celek here, so perhaps a 6th might be low, but it's better to get something for him right now, as opposed to getting NOTHING later if we end up cutting him.
Teams also are more likely to trade for someone right now, due to them being able to get a LONG look at that player through OTA's and pre season games. We need to be trading players not long for this team, while we can. I'd be trying to trade, (Celek+Reid+Bell) if possible.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I think Celek would be a good trade target for the Ravens. Celek is more of a receiving TE, than a blocking TE like McDonald. Celek also would only count just over 6 million for 3 years to the Ravens if we trade him there. Celek basically will be making 2 million a year there, which is pretty cheap for a descent TE. I bet we could easily snag a 6th for Celek, due to his cheap contract, and 3 years team control. We got TWO 5th rounders for Carrier, because we took the cap hit on his signing bonus, and his base salary was cheap. Same applies to Celek here, so perhaps a 6th might be low, but it's better to get something for him right now, as opposed to getting NOTHING later if we end up cutting him.
Teams also are more likely to trade for someone right now, due to them being able to get a LONG look at that player through OTA's and pre season games. We need to be trading players not long for this team, while we can. I'd be trying to trade, (Celek+Reid+Bell) if possible.

I think Vance and Celek are pretty balanced. But yeah Celek to the Ravens would be solid. Bell has a zero trade value IMO.
Bell might have a very slight TAD of trade value, in the sense that we could trade him for a player the other team doesn't want/fit, but might be a possible fit for us. Or we could trade him for a late pick in like 2019 or 2020, push it out late, so it's basically like nothing as far as value, but at least we'd eventually get something for him :)
Sure, if we don't like them, we ship them out Moneyball style.
Share 49ersWebzone