LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 342 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Kind of a random story, I actually talked with Vance McDonald's cousin today at my work, asked her about the trade stuff. She told me she doesn't believe he's going anywhere. She said he just had a kid and doesn't want to leave SF, likes it there. She admitted anything's possible though, and that if he did get moved, his preferred spots are Houston or Dallas since he's originally from the Houston, TX area (not that he could choose, if the team got a big enough offer).

She also told me that Vance was not a Kaepernick fan. Said Vance told her he was basically a cancer in the locker room.

It was kind of cool to get some "inside info" from a close source. Never had that kind of chance before. I know it's not much, but thought I'd share the brief interaction.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kind of a random story, I actually talked with Vance McDonald's cousin today at my work, asked her about the trade stuff. She told me she doesn't believe he's going anywhere. She said he just had a kid and doesn't want to leave SF, likes it there. She admitted anything's possible though, and that if he did get moved, his preferred spots are Houston or Dallas since he's originally from the Houston, TX area (not that he could choose, if the team got a big enough offer).

She also told me that Vance was not a Kaepernick fan. Said Vance told her he was basically a cancer in the locker room.

It was kind of cool to get some "inside info" from a close source. Never had that kind of chance before. I know it's not much, but thought I'd share the brief interaction.

he would seem like a good fit with Houston
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Watson would flip out and go on a shooting spree having McDonald and Fuller on the same roster. That team could set a record for drops.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Watson would flip out and go on a shooting spree having McDonald and Fuller on the same roster. That team could set a record for drops.

lol!

FFS Vance, put this in your Garage and stand in front of it until balls no longer hit the ground! Please! (Love the story OTC, nice).

Vance gonna be a big hands catching machine this year.

He is working his but off.
  • thl408
Many times when a player signs a nice contract extension they'll take it easy for an offseason. Got some guaranteed money in the bank. Perhaps the trade talk was a calculated move to motivate him into not taking it easy.
Originally posted by thl408:
Many times when a player signs a nice contract extension they'll take it easy for an offseason. Got some guaranteed money in the bank. Perhaps the trade talk was a calculated move to motivate him into not taking it easy.

Good point. I would say this is an especially good point when the player in discussion got a nice contract extension after doing basically nothing in his career to that point.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Was looking forward to seeing Vance in Shanny's offense.

We need all the game breakers we can get...and although Vance might not be viewed as an elite TE, we have seen him take the ball to the house from anywhere on the field.

The only thing I understand why we'd want to get out of a long term contract with him, is his durability concern.

Dude can run block, and we have an offense that is back to running from regular formations.

Hope we don't trade him for peanuts, like some here want.

This.

Agreed. Quality post. Vance gets too much hate. He was one of the only bright spots on our offense last year. The injuries keep setting his development back, but I still wanna see what he can really do.

me too!

I really wanted him when we were drafting.

He has speed and did very well in college.

Hopfully he can rediscover his inner mojoe!

Yea I was confused that Kyle tried to move him. I get it that you gotta explore options but he seemed exactly like a Kyle type player. Kyle believes every single play can turn into a TD and Vance had some of best big play/break away ability of all tight ends in the NFL. Doesn't he have the highest average yards per reception from tight ends?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Lol, in Kaps defense, I'm sure he wasn't a fan of mr stone hands himself either.

That carolina game was a turning point, and his drop for a would be td/fg really hurt.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

That carolina game was a turning point, and his drop for a would be td/fg really hurt.

That drop was a huge turning point in our season. Vance catches that, we win the West and who knows how different the outcome of our season would have been.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

That drop was a huge turning point in our season. Vance catches that, we win the West and who knows how different the outcome of our season would have been.

Agree with this post
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agree with this post

Wouldn't have played the NFCCG in Seattle either
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:

Agree with this post

That is what I meant when I said who knows how different the outcome would have been. We lost in the NFCCG in Seattle. If we would have won the division, we would have been playing the NFCCG in San Francisco.....a place that at the time, the Seahawks hadnt won at since 2008.

That drop, among a few other things, could have been the difference in us going to the Superbowl or not.
Vance will make amends this year.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:

Agree with this post

That is what I meant when I said who knows how different the outcome would have been. We lost in the NFCCG in Seattle. If we would have won the division, we would have been playing the NFCCG in San Francisco.....a place that at the time, the Seahawks hadnt won at since 2008.

That drop, among a few other things, could have been the difference in us going to the Superbowl or not.

Yup, I remember thinking about all that at the time and being pissed. Now that I think about it again, it's pissing me off again
Share 49ersWebzone