There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Gotta like Harbaugh's reaction on the sidelines here...
I like it how the media hasn't hype McDonald after that play like they did with Jeremy Shockey
Vance is gonna b like shockey with more speed. He just looks like a guy that is searching for safeties and LB to blow up
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Vance is gonna b like shockey with more speed. He just looks like a guy that is searching for safeties and LB to blow up

doot sucks..he should have just hurdled the second guy and ran for a TD
I can see him and Vernon really tearing it up this year . Receivers ... We don't need no stinking receivers
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i could not be more excited about the '13 draft class. it looks epic.

And we won't see what could be 2 of the best picks until next year. Looks great so far.

Maybe 3 with Dial, Tank, and Lattimore and we will still have a productive class this year with Reid starting Day 1, Vance, Quinton Patton, and Lemonier. And, Moody has won one of the backup ILB jobs and looks like a mini Bowman. Finally, BJ will probably be the third QB with Cooper and Bykowski to the PS.

Vance McDonald:"He'll eat your soul."
Originally posted by Disp:
VD's play style and avoiding big contact has allowed him to stay healthy pretty much his whole career though.

pretty much

hopefully one of those hits doesnt injure him
Cant wait for the regular season, Vance will own Defenses
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I like it how the media hasn't hype McDonald after that play like they did with Jeremy Shockey

If McDonald played for the Jets or Cowboys, they would've made a montage of that play and open Sports Center with it.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
Check out these clips from the Coaches Film. For anyone worried about filling the role that Delanie Walker had in the passing game... don't be... this kid can get behind the safeties.

Video 1: Watch him go in motion to the left of the line and then blow through the secondary.

Video 2: Kap gets sacked on this one, but watch McDonald at the bottom knife through the secondary again.

Video 3: Not sure if the pass is possible here, but I just liked that he cleared out the safety and a LB and opened it up underneath.

Video 4: The debbie-downer, ha ha, just like Delanie he can drop some really easy passes.
Look forward to seeing more of this guy as the season goes!
OP, you are the man
The homer in me is pretty excited about his speed. I mean wow, he looked fast during these plays and I don't think many LBs can keep up with him. Now we just have to find out if he can consistently haul those in for catches once Kap starts slinging his way.

Realistically though, I think it helped that GB didn't know who he was and was more than likely more focused on VD, Boldin, and Kap.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM ]