LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I like it how the media hasn't hype McDonald after that play like they did with Jeremy Shockey

If McDonald played for the Jets or Cowboys, they would've made a montage of that play and open Sports Center with it.
[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Aug 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM ]
Check out these clips from the Coaches Film. For anyone worried about filling the role that Delanie Walker had in the passing game... don't be... this kid can get behind the safeties.

Video 1: Watch him go in motion to the left of the line and then blow through the secondary.

Video 2: Kap gets sacked on this one, but watch McDonald at the bottom knife through the secondary again.

Video 3: Not sure if the pass is possible here, but I just liked that he cleared out the safety and a LB and opened it up underneath.

Video 4: The debbie-downer, ha ha, just like Delanie he can drop some really easy passes.

Look forward to seeing more of this guy as the season goes!
OP, you are the man
The homer in me is pretty excited about his speed. I mean wow, he looked fast during these plays and I don't think many LBs can keep up with him. Now we just have to find out if he can consistently haul those in for catches once Kap starts slinging his way.

Realistically though, I think it helped that GB didn't know who he was and was more than likely more focused on VD, Boldin, and Kap.
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Sep 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM ]
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
The homer in me is pretty excited about his speed. I mean wow, he looked fast during these plays and I don't think many LBs can keep up with him. Now we just have to find out if he can consistently haul those in for catches once Kap starts slinging his way.

Realistically though, I think it helped that GB didn't know who he was and was more than likely more focused on VD, Boldin, and Kap.

even if he can catch 2 out of 3 he's good. VD still isn't a hands guy, there was at least one throw this last game where it coulda been a big gain but the ball bounced off his mitts. And yet he's one of the most dangerous TEs in the game, so if Vance can get that together too...
Great stuff man. Thanks for posting these.
He could have a big game Sunday against the Hawks LBs

I love video analysis! Thank you. And you didn't even cover his stellar blocking. It should be encouraging knowing we can line him AND VD up anywhere including in the Q formations.

You just said it. Even if teams KNOW who he is, he's never going to be a priority over stopping VD or Boldin, by default, he's going to be open quite a bit I expect.

Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I like it how the media hasn't hype McDonald after that play like they did with Jeremy Shockey

If McDonald played for the Jets or Cowboys, they would've made a montage of that play and open Sports Center with it.

lol this

DP
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Sep 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Dude seems to LOVE hitting vs. being hit. He did the same to GB's SS...
I believe that McDonald, Williams, and Patton will be the key to Sundays game... Boldin will get maybe 70 yds, same with Davis, so it's up to these guys to pick up the slack.
Share 49ersWebzone