There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:

lol Thanks. I dislike clicking links.

For the record, his pose in picture #1 isn't very comparable. It looks like he's laughing/inhaling and the it's not a front-view.

Almost like one of those gimmicky before-and-after pictures.
Scratch that. Yeah, it's a noticeable difference (side views):

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by valrod33:

For the record, his pose in picture #1 isn't very comparable. It looks like he's laughing/inhaling and the it's not a front-view.

also looks like his skin color is changing
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Well figured most people didn't want to see those 2 pic especially on a McDonald thread. Yeah Vernon has changed a lot, he went bald, his lost muscle, his skin is lighter and he doesn't have as big of an ego and he turned into a preacher with the media.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
McDonald is a tank who runs well. Nice hands and agility. All upside.
  • thl408
Once there's some more tape of him lowering the boom on little itty bitty DBs, they will start trying to tackle him low. Then we'll see him hurdle more DBs.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
McDonald is a tank who runs well. Nice hands and agility. All upside.

knowing that pete the cheat wanted him instead of luke wilson makes me feel all good inside
Really like what McDonald has showed and think he will fit in great on this team.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm glad VD slimmed down. he was way too robotic with the ball in his hands when he was all buffed up.

they said he really dedicated himself years ago when he would stay hours after practice just practicing with the juggs machine.

he had such terrible stone hands but the work he put in paid off.
Vernon is a Pro Bowler,...he can do whatever he wants.
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Can really see us letting VD go come his next contract if he wants big $$$$ and VM takes over that role.

Not that I want this to happen but VM will probably be MUCH cheaper than VD after the 2015 season.

VM isn't the freak of nature that VD is, but we've found a gem for sure.

VD would be 32 or 33 years old by the end of his contract.. which looks to have about 2 million of guaranteed "dead" money in each year of it.

He will probably just retire then and do what he does with his art and painting endeavors.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Beezy33:
Can really see us letting VD go come his next contract if he wants big $$$$ and VM takes over that role.

Not that I want this to happen but VM will probably be MUCH cheaper than VD after the 2015 season.

VM isn't the freak of nature that VD is, but we've found a gem for sure.

VD would be 32 or 33 years old by the end of his contract.. which looks to have about 2 million of guaranteed "dead" money in each year of it.

He will probably just retire then and do what he does with his art and painting endeavors.
Or if he decides to keep playing, he's not going to get a massive contract. Not at that age.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Or if he decides to keep playing, he's not going to get a massive contract. Not at that age.

Yeah, true. He may even decide on a change of scenery and play for peanuts with his old buddy in KC.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Yeah, true. He may even decide on a change of scenery and play for peanuts with his old buddy in KC.

The thing I LOVE about McDonald already is his 'tude and physicality. He gets jammed in a game and plays straight through it ripping a LB's helmet right off. Then he leaps over one guy and plows over another. This aggressiveness is going to rub off on VD...like Boone/Davis together; just "controlled nasty." They are going to command so much attention, the other guys should have field days. I've been watching VD closely this pre season. NOBODY can stay with that guy. He was wide open for an easy TD against both S's last game but CK missed him. He is just an instant mismatch and with us moving him "everywhere" this is going to be fun to watch. Who needs a #5 or #6 WR? They were saying last game that when they interviewed VD, he said he was lining up out wide as a WR, in the slot, even in the backfield. He said it's been hard b/c he's had to learn so many different positions. Think about that for a second...