LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ward getting toasted
Buckner just got ragdolled into the endzone
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Should I start him today? I also have Eifert.

I wouldn't. Even though his production is peaking, he's still only getting a couple catches a game. I would love to target him 8-10 a game but that's still not our kind of offensive system...yet. In fact, he's producing exactly where he should in a Kelly offense.

Agree

I think he'd do even better w.a better coaching scheme that used him more
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Excellent point. I too was one of those fans who wanted both. LOL. But then quickly realized HaRoman were more into using TE's to inline block, use extra OL and convert DL like Will Tuakufu into extra FBs (plus Miller).

It seems like fans still think we're running a high flying wide open offense here...while being 4th in the NFL in rushing.

Nope!

Yup I think Vance does exactly what chip wants...great blocker, produces yards after catch, and is a miss match issue for defenses. Sign his ass! Getting while he's cheap

I really hope so.
Still stinks. Hope he gets sent packing with the rest of Baalke's stank players.
Adam SchefterVerified account‏@AdamSchefter

49ers signing free-agent-to-be TE Vance McDonald to a 5-year, $35 million extension that includes $16M gtd, sources tell @caplannfl and me.
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Adam SchefterVerified account‏@AdamSchefter

49ers signing free-agent-to-be TE Vance McDonald to a 5-year, $35 million extension that includes $16M gtd, sources tell @caplannfl and me.

WOW that's a lot. More than I thought.

With all that money you better target him more than 3 times a game
http://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

Top-10 TE money?
Really???

Correct me if I'm wrong...
Better draft a QB that can get him the ball.
Baalke just throwing money away now. Must know we won't be able to get any good FA so has to spend the money elsewhere.

Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Baalke just throwing money away now. Must know we won't be able to get any good FA so has to spend the money elsewhere.

Tank probably gets an extension next stupid balkee
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

Nothing wrong with extending McDonald, especially if they plan on upgrading the QB spot.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

He already got his 2-year extension!
7mil a year? Lol
I don't have a problem with it, Chip knows that he can be an elite TE when we get a competent QB that can actually utilize him.
Share 49ersWebzone