There are 200 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Interesting posts.

Vance has talent but he's inconsistent. He has played relatively well this year.

Just wish he could stay on the field. Wish we'd incorporate him more. TE is usually the shortest and easiest throw for a QB too.
Been ballin. Good for u Vance. About damn time.
Hell look great with Luke Falk throwing to him next year
his size, speed combination makes him a very unique player. Hes playing much better and I think he needs to be more involved as long as he keeps improving.

In fact he should be game planned around most games. Its a label that gets thrown around too much but he really is a matchup nightmare. Hes got ridiculous game speed for a guy that's 270 lbs and I cant imagine tackling him is any fun at all.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
his size, speed combination makes him a very unique player. Hes playing much better and I think he needs to be more involved as long as he keeps improving.

In fact he should be game planned around most games. Its a label that gets thrown around too much but he really is a matchup nightmare. Hes got ridiculous game speed for a guy that's 270 lbs and I cant imagine tackling him is any fun at all.

Every few weeks they give him an opportunity and we say this. He needs more touches. Then after going invisible he'll drop a pass or two and people want him gone. He's the best TE on the roster and a matchup nightmare, I hope they get him more involved.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
AINT he in his contract year, do you all really feel that we should resign him??
Originally posted by 9moon:
AINT he in his contract year, do you all really feel that we should resign him??

For the minimum.... or close to it
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like you !!!

Yes. He is a TE that has the ability to score from anywhere on the field and block like crazy. He just needs opportunities
I have been very critical of Vance for his drops but the cupboards are bare and the guy seems to be stepping it up. If he can keep that drop % trending in the right direction he could be a really good weapon for the 49ers and I would not be upset with a reasonable extension.

He frustrating to watch. He's starting to finally makes some plays for us though. The drops will always be there.

Anyone notice that every time he makes a play he instantly takes himself out of the game and gloats on the sideline. He came out Sunday and wasn't even breathing hard. Stay in the game and keep at it!
I think we still need a #1 TE. Vance is a good #2
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Make a min offer deal, if he leaves no worries he's replaceable.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
cool, coool... so if he's asking price is.. uhmmmm... around..

$27 million for 3 years.. with a $ 12 million signing bonus??
Eff no. 5 mill max, 10 mill guaranteed.
Share 49ersWebzone