There are 163 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
No big Mac in here.
VMAC missed catchable ball at 7:08 and 4:56 in the first half. Play makers like Gronkowski would make that catch. I know he is a rookie and not Gronkowski, yet.
He's gonna drop a couple passes, but it would still be half of what DW would drop through the course of a season. This is going to be a very fun offense to watch develop and find its identity.
Originally posted by 5280High:
He's gonna drop a couple passes, but it would still be half of what DW would drop through the course of a season. This is going to be a very fun offense to watch develop and find its identity.

Shelled out the dollars for sunday ticket to watch it all go down. Pretty excited.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
VMAC missed catchable ball at 7:08 and 4:56 in the first half. Play makers like Gronkowski would make that catch. I know he is a rookie and not Gronkowski, yet.

He did well for his first NFL game.

I think he will be fine as the season progresses
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Vance McAlligatorarms
Vance Alligator TRex Arms = Val-TRex

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 10, 2013 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

He did well for his first NFL game.

I think he will be fine as the season progresses

I think McDonald's performance can be graded as "good, but not perfect" which is mostly what you'd expect from a rookie. He looked like he was doing a fine job blocking and running his routes. It will be nice to see what he looks like mid-season.

Agreed...heard footsteps on one and there seemed to be a concentration issue with the other. That said, the part nobody is talking about was that his inline blocking, edge-sealing blocking was terrific. And his in-space blocking (WR screen) was outstanding. His physicality was tremendous...knocked the helmet right off a LB who tried to jam him (this will be big against teams like Seattle...he's big and not afraid to be nasty). They also moved him all over the field which means he had multiple assignments and he seemed to be in all the right spots. And like the commentators noted, "you can tell he's just a natural route-runner..." He not only was open but often times really open b/c of his experience as a route-runner as a wide receiver. He is only going to get better and better and I look forward to seeing this REALLY show in the Red Zone. Another thing people failed to note is that HIS play allowed HaRoMan to move VD all over the place, freeing him up for instant LB-mismatches. McDonald is going to be even more critical to VD's success than Hunter was for Gore last year.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM ]
He caught four out of six passes. How many of those passes would Delanie Walker have caught? Just askin.
White Walker.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Vance McAlligatorarms
Vance Alligator TRex Arms = Val-TRex

LOL. We need some Valtrex to go along with our Crabs and VD.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
He caught four out of six passes. How many of those passes would Delanie Walker have caught? Just askin.

He's definitely going to be a better receiver and if he gets his blocking down, he'll be a better all-around TE. He's going to be the kind of guy who misses one once in a while but usually snags it. And, at this point, I'm not worried about alligator arms at all. That game was his first introduction to NFL contact. He'll get used to it.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I was annoyed on the drops because, to me, catching is just so easy and i hate dropped passes. But like NC said, you couldn't even tell a rookie was out there in terms of his blocking.

His drops are gonna be an issue. Blocking and physicality is awesome and we need it, but drops are glaring mistakes. Hopefully he gets better because it seems he's gonna be open a lot and we need those plays.
  • thl408
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Walker would not have had a chance on the two passes in which Vance had to reach high up to snag. And Walker would have dropped the same two passes that Vance dropped because that's my baseless analysis. So Walker would have caught 2 out of the 6.
Originally posted by buck:
No big Mac in here.

Lol you can call him whatever you want.
Share 49ersWebzone