There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Vance did good. I like what I saw for the rookie
Originally posted by jreff22:
If he can develop his hands to at least "Vernon's level" we will have a great RZ weapon.

That won't be especially difficult because Vernon's best assets are not his hands.

Imagine when this big guy learns how to block! 2 TE sets are gonne KILL some defenses!
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
If he can develop his hands to at least "Vernon's level" we will have a great RZ weapon.

That won't be especially difficult because Vernon's best assets are not his hands.

Imagine when this big guy learns how to block! 2 TE sets are gonne KILL some defenses!

The whole 2 TE runs and jumbo sets always backfire because we broadcast what we are doing. If this kid can find a whole in the D and sit, Kap will have (and the team will have) what we have missed for a LONG time.

i see him developing nicely, just gotta have some patience with him. i think he'll be a stud
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i see him developing nicely, just gotta have some patience with him. i think he'll be a stud

All we really need him to do is run 12 yards and turn around. I think he has a good shot at being in the top 5 for TD's (for us) this year.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
He looked great last night. 4 catches for 66 yards. One drop, but his hands will improve. Still, I loved the ball he went up and got. He moves really well out there. Saw a couple crushing blocks as well. Looks like we hit a home run on this pick.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
he dropped one pass but he's a big target.

i think he gonna be an upgrade over Walker.
Overall pleased by his play despite the two drops. He reached high up for two catches as well. I think his bread and butter route will be drive into the defender within the 5 yard range where contact is allowed, then create space by pushing off. Easy 7-8 yard reception.
A faster Eric Johnson.
Should be Mac and TD's.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
VMac will be a good. not worried about losing DLove as much now.
Still really excited about McDonald! We need some serious redzone help and everyone on offense including Kap needs to get better in this area. Still, a lot to be excited about on offense and aside from how the first drive ended, I thought they looked great. GO NINERS!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Dude got scared on a crossing route, mad alligator arms.
In perspective, he looked far more surperior in his first ever NFL action than did any of our TEs in their first action...well, maybe not better than Eric Johnson but maybe...thats saying a lot.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM ]