LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
If I'm not mistaken, that was his only target all game? And he caught it omg. To me, the ball thrown at you from straight on was always more difficult to catch, I preferred to go over the shoulder. So, glad it didn't clank off his hands

3 targets & 2 catches.
  • thl408
I thought Vance would get more targets than he did considering what happened in the preseason. When the first 2 or 3 targets to a TE went to Celek, I thought Vance wasn't playing. Gabbert to McDonald in the redzone is a thing. I'm lovin it.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I thought Vance would get more targets than he did considering what happened in the preseason. When the first 2 or 3 targets to a TE went to Celek, I thought Vance wasn't playing. Gabbert to McDonald in the redzone is a thing. I'm lovin it.

What you did there...I see it.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
the guy CAN NOT CATCH when he has to chase the ball, or should I say, he's having a difficult time making catches when the ball is in the air.. he catches those when he's facing the QB..

that's the bottom line!!

proved it again after game 1..

1 drop & a TD catch..

HOPE is in the air !!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
If I'm not mistaken, that was his only target all game? And he caught it omg. To me, the ball thrown at you from straight on was always more difficult to catch, I preferred to go over the shoulder. So, glad it didn't clank off his hands

3 targets & 2 catches.

Oh, ok. Not sure how I missed the other one lol. Maybe cuz I was in the damn forum I guess
Originally posted by thl408:

I knew Vance was playing. He gave up on a block on one of the first plays of the game and the guy he was supposed to block tackled Gabbert for a few yard gain.....when Gabbert would have had a huge run if Vance did his job.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Sep 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM ]
LOL. He catches TD's now. I've never seen him catch anything before.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I can't say he catches like a girl because that would be way too offensive to women worldwide.
Could have had another td. Too inconsistent

• Antix
  • Veteran
Woulda had a monster stat line if he could catch
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Still can't catch consistently.
As soon as he dropped that second target the team deflated. It wouldn't have been a TD but it would have been a huge gain. He needs consistency but he should still be getting more looks.
Crippling drop after that great catch and run. Hard to rely on this guy.
Originally posted by saniner:
As soon as he dropped that second target the team deflated. It wouldn't have been a TD but it would have been a huge gain. He needs consistency but he should still be getting more looks.

Yeah that one hurt. Coulda been a TD if not we'd instantly we in FG range and Gabbert doesn't force a throw the next down. Still optimistic. We're right there.
Share 49ersWebzone