There are 214 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it'll go both ways.. Vance, if he can somehow hold on to the ball and have a great year, he too could help Gabbert get a fine contract.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Gabbert on Vance McDonald: "He's such a great athlete. He's smart. He does a great job in the run and pass game. He's a guy that we have to utilize. He's a mismatch nightmare on linebackers. And you really kind of saw that jump Week 8 on last year. He did a great job, stayed healthy and had some good plays."

Tight ends coach Jeff Nixon on Vance McDonald: "The sky is the limit for Vance. He's very talented. He has the size and the speed. I think most of his drops sometimes are a little bit of a lack of concentration, because he does have good hands. But I'm expecting a big year out of Vance. He finished up the year strong. I think the last three or four games he had at least five catches in each of those games. We're looking for him to take off right from where he left off last year, being a big-play tight-end target for us in the pass game."

How to improve concentration? Nixon: "Catch the ball with your eyes. Most drops happen when you take your eye off the ball. You end up having bad hand placement or you're trying to run before you catch it. So I think it's more him keeping his eye on the ball, looking it all the way in. Catch if first before you try to run and get up the field, because he's an explosive runner when he does have the ball in hands. I think sometimes he tries to run and make plays before he catches the ball."

If Gabbert and Vance win the starting jobs, I think Gabbert is going to make Vance some good money on Vance's next contract. Gabbert definitely likes to use the TE in the passing game.

True. All the TE's and RB's in the passing game will be stoked.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 8, 2016 at 1:10 PM ]
8. TE Vance McDonald. Caught five passes and dropped zero, meaning he didn't drop a single pass during minicamp. Didn't bobble any, either. Maybe he finally fixed his issue with drops. Vernon Davis had the same issue when he came into the league.
Originally posted by NCommand:
8. TE Vance McDonald. Caught five passes and dropped zero, meaning he didn't drop a single pass during minicamp. Didn't bobble any, either. Maybe he finally fixed his issue with drops. Vernon Davis had the same issue when he came into the league.

That will be quite enough of that positive attitude for the day. Thanks in advance.
Didn't drop a single pass in mini camp...well there's a start
Originally posted by mojave45:

That will be quite enough of that positive attitude for the day. Thanks in advance.

My apologies. It won't happen again.

He caught them all because there are no pads
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mojave45:

no more than 3 positive posts about our team is allowed. the webzone gestapo is watching

Hopefull the Chip offense willcreate a brerakout year for Vance.
Dont get your hopes up. Vance sucks under the bright lights. And hes soft.
Originally posted by FromDaBay2La:

That last part shows you're just being critical for criticism's sake. The absolute best blocking TE in the NFL who ran over Richard Sherman isn't "soft." That's ridiculous.

Say he's got bad hands, which he has so far, but calling him soft?

Originally posted by NinerSickness:

That last part shows you're just being critical for criticism's sake. The absolute best blocking TE in the NFL who ran over Richard Sherman isn't "soft." That's ridiculous.

Say he's got bad hands, which he has so far, but calling him soft?

Trollololol
He has missed games or checks out early for whatever reason. Soft.

Celek even softer?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Which games did he check out early from?
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Which games did he check out early from?

Lol right?
Share 49ersWebzone