There are 259 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

hall of famer
Originally posted by verb1der:
hall of famer

Yup, Ditka ver. 2 haven't you heard? I do like this kid a lot though and think he's going to be stud but I get your sarcasm and I believe its warranted. Quite a bit of hype for a TE but hey as long as Harbaugh and Baalke are pulling the strings I'll bite.
Wasn't overly excited about this pick at first (wanted Kelce) but man the more I hear and see if him the more excited I am about him. Can't wait to see some formations with Davis and Boldin at WR and him at TE.
If McDonald turns out to be as good as we hope, we will by far have the best TE tandem in the entire NFL.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If McDonald turns out to be as good as we hope, we will by far have the best TE tandem in the entire NFL.

Hernandez going to the big house opens up the spot for #1
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Hernandez going to the big house opens up the spot for #1

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by verb1der:
hall of famer

Yup, Ditka ver. 2 haven't you heard? I do like this kid a lot though and think he's going to be stud but I get your sarcasm and I believe its warranted. Quite a bit of hype for a TE but hey as long as Harbaugh and Baalke are pulling the strings I'll bite.

It's the offseason, its ok to make presumptions... at least these ones are positive unlike calling Anthony Davis a bust after his first non-padded practice.

He was the consensus winner of OTA's among all the rookies and hasnt done anything to detract from his hype. At 6'4 270 he should be able to pick up blocking with time, and he is a match up nightmare for defenses.
Didn't see it posted but cool perspective on the cat-mouse game between us and Seattle here regarding McDonald (nice info on Reid too): http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/rob-rang/22525040/finding-the-fits-reid-brings-speed-to-san-francisco
McDonald has never really played TE, he was a slot reciever in college.

D. Walker was a reciever in college as well.

This will be interesting!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Thats a misnomer, he was used everywhere. Early on he played allot more in the slot but in his senior year he played more at TE than slot.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Thats a misnomer, he was used everywhere. Early on he played allot more in the slot but in his senior year he played more at TE than slot.

And he's 6'5" 267 with long arms and from what we hear, looks as if he has solid hands.

Dude's gonna be a stud.
And, a 4.69 40 yard time is pretty darn fast for a guy who is that size. He's not going to be blowing by anyone like Davis, but he can definitely give some of these ILB's a run for their money. And, if he gets matched up with a safety, that's a hell of a size advantage.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
And, a 4.69 40 yard time is pretty darn fast for a guy who is that size. He's not going to be blowing by anyone like Davis, but he can definitely give some of these ILB's a run for their money. And, if he gets matched up with a safety, that's a hell of a size advantage.

Considering these LB's will be on their heels he should still have a slight advantage.
  • KK49
  • Veteran

hell yes...
after the best QB , OT, OG, RB (trio), DT, OLB, ILB (undisputed), CB tandem and S ( ooh wait scratch that, may be next year.. )
wow that would be too much