There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm getting really excited about McDonald... I see a Gronk (McDonald) and Hernandez (Davis) duo going to terrorize secondaries/LBs.

lol lets not compare Vernon to Hernandez.

VD is in an entire different Tight End league. Absolute monster.
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I'm getting really excited about McDonald... I see a Gronk (McDonald) and Hernandez (Davis) duo going to terrorize secondaries/LBs.

Also not a murderer.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Did I miss something or this just a type o? My understanding is Manginis only contribution to the O is to help determine where a team, considering their scheme and personnel, is likely to focus their defense or where an opponent likely feels they match up well. My understanding also is that beyond that information, Mangini will have little to no input into the actual game plan for that particular week/opponent.

This is my understanding too. I think they're paying Mangini to gameplan against them

You two are correct in your primary understanding of Mangini's role but make no bones about it, he was hired to provide an outside-to-inside perspective. While HaRoman are knee deep in game-planning week-to-week (e.g. their first draft version, so-to-speak), he will not only be providing insight into how a defense may affect it (based on the team/defense we'll be playing) but he will also be providing insight on how to attack it (once he learns our ful offense and becomes familiar with all of our weapons).

This is where I believe Mangini will provide insight (the more he learns about our own offense, which he's studying right now as we speak) into utilizing key weapons such as VD, McDonald, James/Hunter, etc. more effectively and more often to help dictate the offense, rather than "take what the defense gives you." This was Roman's issue last year...slow starts and too-late adjustments. How many times last year did we as fans say, "Why aren't we using VD? Getting him involved early?" Someone obviously alerted them to this down the stretch (media, most likely) and BAM, he ends up being a primary target again and has another stellar post season.

IMHO, there will be much collaboration between Roman/Mangini esp. as they build chemistry with time. Based on Fangio's comments, it doesn't sound like Mangini will be involved at all with his side of the ball.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:

IMO the combo of Davis & McDonald is seriously going to F*ck with opposing defensive coordinators heads on saturday nights ....and if we can find a serviceable # 3 TE, who knows what kind of exotic packages we'll see on the field this year
The thought of a 270 lb TE making catches all over the field excites me...and I'm sure it excites Kap as well. Really looking forward to seeing VM rock.
I once trusted a man named Vance. Never again.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Most of us are jumping on the Vance-wagon. You go ahead and walk.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The thought of a 270 lb TE making catches all over the field excites me...and I'm sure it excites Kap as well. Really looking forward to seeing VM rock.

God I wish we had Crabs . Macdonald, Davis, Crabs, and Boldin with some Manningham/Williams all on the field with our running game and Kaps legs? Would be an absolute nightmare to defend against. The thought of it makes me drool.
Originally posted by BayArea:
God I wish we had Crabs . Macdonald, Davis, Crabs, and Boldin with some Manningham/Williams all on the field with our running game and Kaps legs? Would be an absolute nightmare to defend against. The thought of it makes me drool.
Every cloud has a silver lining. The Giants, Packers, and more recently the ravens, had to weather injuries. However their players came back at the right time and gelled at the right time. As I said before, this maybe a blessing in disguise forcing Kaep and the niners to develope the rest offense, making Kaep look to others. Making them more unpridictable in the first half of the season. If he is to truly to be elite, he must do like what the elites do, be able to adapt to others. Also, as manningham and then crabtree come back it will add new wrinkles and if the rest of the team does there part, it will it harder for others to defend because they will not have any tape, and even if they use last years tapes with crabs, because the others got more involved, the offense will be different, no sense showing all your hand early.

Vietnam war flashback?????
I once trusted a guy wearing a tunic.

I'll never trust a guy in a tunic again. Never!
Teabagger Vance will make everyone forget about Delanie, but he is not as agile although
Originally posted by MichaelHuffTexas:
Teabagger Vance will make everyone forget about Delanie, but he is not as agile although

Delanie couldn't catch a cold
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by MichaelHuffTexas:

Delanie couldn't catch a cold

he is agile but could not catch! thats like,,, he runs great routes but he can not catch!! over payed waste is what I think about walker
I was watching the 49ers vs bears from last season and I noticed something creepy. On one particular play, Jon Gruden referred to Delanie Walker as McDonald for some reason. We now have a TE named McDonald. Coincidence?!