There are 300 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
He probably could have with that stacked ass roster Kap failed with

Name this stacked roster, please.

Best team in the NFL that year. Best o line, pro bowl RB, pro bowl TE and elite defense. Were you a Niner fan that year? Roster was stacked.

He thinks you're talking about this year. Or he really thinks we weren't stacked from 2011-2014
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 25, 2015 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Best team in the NFL that year. Best o line, pro bowl RB, pro bowl TE and elite defense. Were you a Niner fan that year? Roster was stacked.

He thinks you're talking about this year. Or he really thinks we weren't stacked from 2011-2014

I'm going out on a limb to say that he is discrediting our team that year, even though it was the best in the NFL, to vindicate Kap.
I don't think anyone on offense would want Kap throwing passes again.

Just to illustrate how stacked we were, even LaMichael James looked good in 2012. Though I put the Super Bowl loss more on Harbaugh/Roman than on Kap.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Hitman49:
a second rounder drafted who was suppose to be the starting TE gets beaten out by an un-drafted FA gets his first career TD last week and ppl are impressed...
would you be happy everyone sucked with no improvements, so you can keep hating ?

no what would make me happy is that we get production from draft picks...Impact plays...I am tired of watching sub par play from draft picks that are "developing"...we have been drafting for the future for like 4 years now...and that future is no where in sight...
no what would make me happy is that we get production from draft picks...Impact plays...I am tired of watching sub par play from draft picks that are "developing"...we have been drafting for the future for like 4 years now...and that future is no where in sight...

My biggest pet peeve with that "top 5 GM" I just don't get or understand how a team can squander so so so many draft picks in a 4 year span (40) with nothing but a sorry ass roster to show for it
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Wonder if Tony Sparano has much to do with Vance's improvement or is it just Gabbert finding and throwing to McD.

Well Vance immediately started looking better as soon as Gabbert took over, same with Celek.

The Kaepernick crowd doesn't want to hear that...

it can also be that with Vernon gone, Vance would get more passing opportunities thrown his way.

unless yall want to say that all of these passing decisions were all on Gabbert, and Vance wasn't the initial read on these plays.

go for it.

You were the one who said Kaepernick had "unteachable" qualities in the pocket. I remember our discussions well because you were so anti Smith that anyone with a better arm was good enough for you.

Well, how you like your boy now?

And before you begin the defense...understand that I supported Kaepernick...but he was NOT ready to be a starting QB.

you're not being reasonable one here.

first you ignored the subject about my post and turned it personal between me and you.

second, you made up things I "said". It is really easy to find my posts, so go search for me using the word "unteachable" or heck something close to that.

you say you remember our discussions well, but I don't think that is the case, or you just want to make up lies.

anyone who knows me around here, knows that I wanted us to give Shaun Hill a fair shot before we shipped him out (Singletary's words here) "so that Alex didn't have to look over his shoulder".

sorry, sometimes I forget how strong of a cannon Shaun Hill has.

also besides all that... "so anti-smith"? I never complained about his arm...I felt his arm was strong enough...and why is Alex being brought up..lol?

anyway, will gladly wait for you to prove your lies correct... or maybe you'll disappear again.

edit- we've gone full circle here folks.. Alex Smith's name in a Vance McDonald thread.
edit2- well s**t, Shaun Hill in a Vance McDonald thread
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2015 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

My biggest pet peeve with that "top 5 GM" I just don't get or understand how a team can squander so so so many draft picks in a 4 year span (40) with nothing but a sorry ass roster to show for it

This narrative is tired. Kindly track Baalke's picks versus another GM's over his 5 year's. You won't find many more impressive hit rates. Most guys get starters/starting caliber players out of 50% of their 1st rounders. Baalke has crushed that. He's actually exceeded projected hit rates at all levels of the draft, including the second through fourth rounds, whch are widely perceived to be his greatest weakness. Childish fans with very little understanding of the odds of success associated with each round of the draft tend to have unrealistic expectations for GM hit rates. I always laugh when fans get indignant over a busted pick, like all draft picks should succeed. Shoot, getting pissed about busting on one of two 1st rounders would actually be foolish, considering that a GM is considered successful if he hits just over 50% of the time on 1st round picks (in league circles anyway, lol). There is a reason why our cuts and PS players get poached at or near the league's highest rate every season (not quite so much this year, but this is widely regarded as the most unfortunate of off seasons in history).

Beyond that, fan expectations by position can be crazy, as well. I remember your non-stop enthusiastic bashing of Ward (and through him, Baalke) AAAAAAAALL through the game on Sunday, completely neglecting that even with the TD he gave up to Lockett he is widely regarded as one of the best nickle CBs in the league, and is still expected to be much better as a FS than a nickle, since his greatest strength in college was being a game-changing playmaker with the ball in front of him.

But yeah, lol, Baalke sucks because you say so.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
This narrative is tired. Kindly track Baalke's picks versus another GM's over his 5 year's. You won't find many more impressive hit rates. Most guys get starters/starting caliber players out of 50% of their 1st rounders. Baalke has crushed that. He's actually exceeded projected hit rates at all levels of the draft, including the second through fourth rounds, whch are widely perceived to be his greatest weakness. Childish fans with very little understanding of the odds of success associated with each round of the draft tend to have unrealistic expectations for GM hit rates. I always laugh when fans get indignant over a busted pick, like all draft picks should succeed. Shoot, getting pissed about busting on one of two 1st rounders would actually be foolish, considering that a GM is considered successful if he hits just over 50% of the time on 1st round picks (in league circles anyway, lol). There is a reason why our cuts and PS players get poached at or near the league's highest rate every season (not quite so much this year, but this is widely regarded as the most unfortunate of off seasons in history).

Beyond that, fan expectations by position can be crazy, as well. I remember your non-stop enthusiastic bashing of Ward (and through him, Baalke) AAAAAAAALL through the game on Sunday, completely neglecting that even with the TD he gave up to Lockett he is widely regarded as one of the best nickle CBs in the league, and is still expected to be much better as a FS than a nickle, since his greatest strength in college was being a game-changing playmaker with the ball in front of him.

Your PM is full.

31st on offense and last in points scored LOL and 31st in defense LOL. Just because a draftee starts doesn't mean they are good.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=SF
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Funny how this guy has Steve Largeant like hands now that Kaepernick is gone lol
Originally posted by NCommand:

Your PM is full.

thanks man. Lol, I wondered why the chat stopped. Please deal me back in when you get the chance.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Funny how this guy has Steve Largeant like hands now that Kaepernick is gone lol

I'm sure his hands just didnt magically improve. He had issues in college but they were never as bad as people made it seem. This guy has been largely unused other than for blocking purposes. When the ball comes your way once every other game its hard to build confidence.

If he keeps getting targets I think we may see glimpses of the dynamic receiver and open field threat that he was at Rice. I think people have foegotten what an athletic freak this guy is. He can be a nice mismatch for the offense if he puts it all together.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 25, 2015 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

31st on offense and last in points scored LOL and 31st in defense LOL. Just because a draftee starts doesn't mean they are good.

Post like this are why trafic is down in Niner Talk.

Ozzie Newsome is widely regarded as the best GM in football, and his dumbass fans want him fired because the team is down THIS YEAR. Teams have bad years. Ozzie isn't going anywhere.

This team is having a down year. Some of it is because of talent. Some of it is because of coaching. Some of it is because of the unprecedented and unpredictable exodus of the most talented and revered players on the team. Losing Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, and Aldon Smith in the same offense gutted the defense, while the one year sabbatical of Anthony Davis and the rehab setback of Daniel Kilgore doomed the offense.

While Cowboy's departure was considered a likelihood (which greatly influenced the selection of Arik Armstead, who is doing fantastically well as a rookie DL), all the rest were surprises which occured after FA and the draft. So yeah, the defense looks pretty good with Willis and Aldon back in there, and I'm pretty sure the offense would run a lot better if the center position was locked down by Kilgore, Tiller continues to displace Devey, and Pears never starts a gmae with A Davis locking down RT. So, ignore the crazy circumstances of this season and hide behind basic statistics all you want to. It's the common refuge of those who don't know the game. If you can't fathom the effects of these unforseen and late departures, you are who I thought you were, and that's perfectly fine.
Share 49ersWebzone