There are 283 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
And the worst part of this dude is a Trade up for him LOL.

to pour some gasoline on this one...Travis Kelce was picked in the third f**king round that year.

GB took Lacy with the pick we swapped them. lol

Any RB will produce if teams can never load the box because of the best QB in the NFL.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

to pour some gasoline on this one...Travis Kelce was picked in the third f**king round that year.

Any RB will produce if teams can never load the box because of the best QB in the NFL.

There is some truth to this, but I think Lacy is quite a bit better than any ol' running back. GB tried numerous guys and never got consistent production out of anyone until Lacy came along. He seems to have durability issues, but he runs a lot like Lynch.

Edit: forgot that this is the Vance thread. I would like to see Vance used on a bubble screen or two. Let him beat the crap out of CBs on the outside and see if his confidence grows.
[ Edited by VinculumJuris on Oct 9, 2015 at 8:35 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

There is some truth to this, but I think Lacy is quite a bit better than any ol' running back. GB tried numerous guys and never got consistent production out of anyone until Lacy came along. He seems to have durability issues, but he runs a lot like Lynch.

Edit: forgot that this is the Vance thread. I would like to see Vance used on a bubble screen or two. Let him beat the crap out of CBs on the outside and see if his confidence grows.

That would be great if he could catch it or hang onto it. Guy has more career drops than catches and more fumbles than TD's.

Well the physical tools are 100% there to be a complete TE. That's the frustrating part. We all see the athletic ability as a pass catcher and he's clearly a dominant run blocker. I'm not giving up on him. I want to throw him to the fire and see if he grows now that he's finally getting an opportunity.
The highlight of his career to date is a preseason td last year. Let that sink in. I'm not even sure he would have caught that ball in St Louis where him and Vernon collided.
I don't even like to see the gif of him trucking Sherman. I just get pissed off he hasn't done anything meaningful since.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He can't catch. When he does catch which is rare he usually fumbles the ball running for extra yards....

Just an awful 2nd round pick. On the plus side he really is a good blocker. We got a 2nd round TE blocker. But I don't take it away from him that he is good at that....

This. Best blocking TE in the game. Great!

Can't trust him to catch or secure a ball? Lame!

He's still young and CAN catch when he knows his number is called. Let's just hope he develops more and more as a pass catcher. If Sparano can't do anything with him that way, then he's a total lost cause as a pass catching TE; just stick to blocking! It's on him.

He's the best blocking TE in the game?
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
He can't catch. When he does catch which is rare he usually fumbles the ball running for extra yards....

Just an awful 2nd round pick. On the plus side he really is a good blocker. We got a 2nd round TE blocker. But I don't take it away from him that he is good at that....

He's still young and CAN catch when he knows his number is called. Let's just hope he develops more and more as a pass catcher. If Sparano can't do anything with him that way, then he's a total lost cause as a pass catching TE; just stick to blocking! It's on him.

I think that's code for I usually just watch 49ers games. He can block a bit but you can't tangibly prove he's the best in the game. Blocking te are a dime a.dozen
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

I think that's code for I usually just watch 49ers games. He can block a bit but you can't tangibly prove he's the best in the game. Blocking te are a dime a.dozen

He's had some drops, but he really doesn't get thrown to a whole lot anyway.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Have him gain 25 lbs and play him at center

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
He's had some drops, but he really doesn't get thrown to a whole lot anyway.

4 targets 2 catches 1 drop

8 targets 2 catches 2 drops

19 targets 8 catches 3 drops
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol best blocking TE in the league ?
Originally posted by susweel:

even if he is the best blocking TE...you mean to tell me we wasted a 2nd round pick on a blocking TE?? SMH
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hitman49:

even if he is the best blocking TE...you mean to tell me we wasted a 2nd round pick on a blocking TE?? SMH

Alex trade netted Mcdonald and Tank 2 back ups. Lol
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Eric Reid stated that we have the best TE group in the league. McDonald is an integral part of that elite group of players. I'm glad I own both Davis and McDonald in my fantasy league as they are tearing s**t up at the TE position at 30th and tied for 70th (0 points), respectively.
Share 49ersWebzone