There are 150 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Biggest disappointment considering Tomsula says we are a TE team is not signing Charles Clay when everyone was reporting it was a lock the Niners would go after him. Now that would be a darn good guy to have right now.

Sources please. Plus if im not mistaken clay was a rfa,meaning you have to give up a pick to get him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:
I believe V. McDonald isn't being used correctly

reggie not being used correctly in my opinion
What does him being used correctly have to do with dropping easy catches and fumbling?
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Sorry homeboy, I cannot agree. You seem to have forgotten we used to have a guy called Delaney Walker who also used to play catching TE together with Vernon. After we let him go to the Titans, he had never been replaced. That was a big loss in my opinion when we had 2 catching TEs playing together. Delaney caught a good number of balls from Kap too. The truth was both Vernon and Delaney used to block too, it was never a case of either or. The problem with McDonald is he simply can't catch to save his life. It doesn't matter now, he probably won't be with us for long. We need to draft a new catching TE stud soon to replace Vernon anyway.

Delanie caught 19 and 21 catches in his 2 years under Harbs. Previously he had one season of 29 catches and years with 21, 21, and 10.

VMD was expected to replace Delanie, who himself had become a good blocker. Replacing Delanie in our offensive scheme means you have to block and they would look to get you 20 or so catches a year as the 2nd TE, because we were a run heavy team. Vance developed as a blocker but never lived up to his draft status as a pass catcher. Our use of the 2nd TE in the run heavy scheme is not and was like what New England had with Gronk and AH or like what Indy does or what Philly does.

Wouldn't you be happy with 20 catches from a 2nd TE now? Who is going to us that 20 catches now? LOL.

actually garret celek is on pace for 44 catches.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this guy is just an awful football player worst TE on the roster by far. I wish we had kept that Cleveland guy over him, only reason he is on the team is because baalke wasted a 2nd round pick on him
Celek must be a terrible blocker. Why else would he not be starting over Vance? He's proved to be the far superior receiving TE.
He hasn't done anything with the team. That being said I believe he needs a fresh start somewhere else
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HydeURwife:
What does him being used correctly have to do with dropping easy catches and fumbling?

hyde said nothing wrong
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Biggest disappointment considering Tomsula says we are a TE team is not signing Charles Clay when everyone was reporting it was a lock the Niners would go after him. Now that would be a darn good guy to have right now.

Sources please. Plus if im not mistaken clay was a rfa,meaning you have to give up a pick to get him.

You're mistaken, he had a transition tag and the Bills didn't give anything up to get him.
I would rather see what Busta Anderson can do instead of Vance.

I don't understand how one can be a starting TE in the NFL without having the ability to make routine catches.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I don't understand how one can be a starting TE in the NFL without having the ability to make routine catches.

During the game the announcers said he had bad hands even in college. Yet baalke drafts him in the 2nd.
Originally posted by susweel:

During the game the announcers said he had bad hands even in college. Yet baalke drafts him in the 2nd.

In a good draft for TEs no less.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by susweel:

In a good draft for TEs no less.

Moves like that is what set this franchise back.
Luke Wilson, TE for the Hawks and McDonald's college teammate makes some awesome catches. frustrating......
Share 49ersWebzone