Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Like what I read today
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Time to hit the jugs machine, Vance!
Nice

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
No way! You have him focus in building up to his potential as a TE that's it. Jennings even up there at age continues to do his job well

He's not going to be getting starter minutes @ TE. He's capable and willing to do whatever the team NEEDS him to do. Not trying to be disagreeable, but the reason we draft cerebral guys with good measurable and versatility, is of pertinence. Vance is a 2nd round pick who could very possibly be maturing as we speak at his craft, and what if he goes out like Gronkowski (drafted in similar fashion ) in his first season and plays much better than experts expected him to? With him essentially backing up VD (can't always run multiple TE sets)!? I suspect that At some point they see that, like with Okoye, "the creator created a beautiful man." and have to come up with new creative ways to utilize all of his many talents. On a side note, Okoye should undoubtedly become at the very least our jumbo fullback/TE.. Stifler: YESS!!' But back to Vance, starter quality players deserve starter minutes, and to be involved in the outcome of the game. The Miners aren't so leisure as to shy away from utilizing underutilized talent, elsewhere in the game. Vance is gonna be the shiznit, operating without any limits. Yallz needsda get over it already..
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 11, 2013 at 3:29 AM ]
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Nice

He's not going to be getting starter minutes @ TE. He's capable and willing to do whatever the team NEEDS him to do. Not trying to be disagreeable, but the reason we draft cerebral guys with good measurable and versatility, is of pertinence. Vance is a 2nd round pick who could very possibly be maturing as we speak at his craft, and what if he goes out like Gronkowski (drafted in similar fashion ) in his first season and plays much better than experts expected him to? With him essentially backing up VD (can't always run multiple TE sets)!? I suspect that At some point they see that, like with Okoye, "the creator created a beautiful man." and have to come up with new creative ways to utilize all of his many talents. On a side note, Okoye should undoubtedly become at the very least our jumbo fullback/TE.. Stifler: YESS!!' But back to Vance, starter quality players deserve starter minutes, and to be involved in the outcome of the game. The Miners aren't so leisure as to shy away from utilizing underutilized talent, elsewhere in the game. Vance is gonna be the shiznit, operating without any limits. Yallz needsda get over it already..
Oh yeah. Another side note. We know that Vance has more compacted mass, is stronger, and is just as fast as Gronk.. But I still haven't computed the possibilities of how much smarter he must be than Gronk. Idk maybe Gronk just seems dumb as monkey spit, but that's just me Uhhhhh.. What was I saying? oh yes so every bit the specimen as Gronk, only with adaptability and a capacity to be an H-back without making so many mis-delanie-takes.. As Cronk probably wouldnt be able to do, if you used him in the same role. .... . I just cyber farted..
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He reminds me of a bulked up Brent Jones.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Like what I read today

Yeah especially since he has bad hands
will get cut.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
will get cut.

Dude already is cut.

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
will get cut.

Dude already is cut.

Originally posted by mayo49:
He reminds me of a bulked up Brent Jones.

If this opinion is anywhere need true, VMcD at the least will be a good TE. BJ was the $#!t, my favorite TE.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
First-round pick, safety Eric Reid, covered second-rounder, tight end Vance McDonald, often. Reid knocked away one throw, and McDonald beat him deep once. On two other throws, McDonald got loose, but he dropped the passes.

Just like Delanie Walker he will drop a few balls here and there, but his potential is intriguing.
reminds me of greg olsen
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
reminds me of greg olsen

Then great, Greg Olsen would be a very solid #2 TE
Hope this guy pans out
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Hope this guy pans out

Absolutely no worries about Vance McDonald. This kid has all the tools to be a big time TE in the NFL. If he catches the ball consistently he will have a big impact this season.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
reminds me of greg olsen

Then great, Greg Olsen would be a very solid #2 TE
Us Inner fans are always such idealists..