LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Jerry Rice went from sure handed in college, to struggling early in his pro career, to GOAT. Vance has gone from Struggling in college to struggling in the pro's. The 2 situations are not at all the same. It's not like Vance was known as a sure handed target in college and is now struggling. He's always had stone mitts.

Reports have him catching well in college (read them here) and he hasn't been used at all. The time he did get the chance he made highlights..do we really need to roll the footage ?

Those reports are from people who don't know any better. He had issues hanging onto the ball in college also. LOL roll that footage

Rolling

Why would someone take the time to put together a Vance Mcdonald "highlight tape"? LOL!!!!!!!!! Actually, it was probably pretty easy, considering the fact that there wasn't a lot of highlights to find.
I heard alot of bad news on Vance but I think he is still awesome
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
highlight reel. lol. it's the same "highlight" over and over again.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Time is running out on Vance. This might be his last chance to show something.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
highlight reel. lol. it's the same "highlight" over and over again.

That 2 minute high light reel is his whole career reel from multiple angles
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Trade him for any olineman
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Why would someone take the time to put together a Vance Mcdonald "highlight tape"? LOL!!!!!!!!! Actually, it was probably pretty easy, considering the fact that there wasn't a lot of highlights to find.

Bro, they make highlight videos for everyone. You must not know about the greatest Highlight video of them all. Jerry Rice 2.0

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Trade him for any olineman

based on his highlight reel, the best you could get is chilo rachael
Any word at all about him in TC?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Any word at all about him in TC?
He's slowly making his way off this team

he's not making the most of his camp time

Go learn to catch, vance!
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
He has plenty more trucking over Sherman to do.

Has to get open and catch 1st, unfortunately.
  • thl408
I'm rooting for Vance. At worst he's a blocking #3 TE, which still sucks because he was a 2nd rounder. That "highlight reel" was lol. There was about 30 seconds of footage of him running off the field to the sideline.
^^^ Me too. Hard worker. Threw out his back blocking for Gore. Had to have surgery but has worked hard to get back into football shape. I know Sparano likes him and wants to give him as many reps as possible. Still too early IMHO. But being able to block effectively is one skill Bell nor Carrier have and should ensure he at least makes the team. I'm curious to see how we use him now.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Me too. Hard worker. Threw out his back blocking for Gore. Had to have surgery but has worked hard to get back into football shape. I know Sparano likes him and wants to give him as many reps as possible. Still too early IMHO. But being able to block effectively is one skill Bell nor Carrier have and should ensure he at least makes the team. I'm curious to see how we use him now.

Reports of him dropping balls is no good, but I still got some hope in him. He applied himself and developed his blocking game, which makes me think he can work hard to develop his hands. I'm not closing the book on him and with this being VD's last season with the 49ers (just my speculation), I want Vance getting coached up by Sparano for a full year and be ready compete for a full time role in 2016. Whatever happens to him, I know Sparano will be giving him good coaching. If he gets released, it will be deserved.
Share 49ersWebzone