There are 262 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
They should have redrafted the position this year. I have said it all along that McDonald is a bust. Sure, he can block, but no hands. They already knew that going into the draft, I just don't know why Baalke still went for it, just a complete waste of a pick. McDonald will join AJ Jenkins and LMJ in the soon to be mounting list of high round pick failures. My estimation is Jimmi Ward could be next.

I think Baalke was enamored with McDonald's catch radius, but it is irrelevant because he has bad hands.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Can someone name one offensive draft pick this coaching staff has developed into a great starter?

Miller.

Now where is my prize?
I also want Vance to succeed. I remember when I first saw him in a game I liked his aggressiveness. After he caught the ball he was trying to make things happen and run people over or jump over people. Then the more I saw him, the more it just kinda looked like he was out of control and prone to fumbling, just like this year on 1 of his few chances to run after a catch. And his hands have been pissing me off since last year in the Carolina game when he let a TD pass go through his hands. And, I know this doesn't matter, but on the game winning FG at Green Bay in the Wild Card game last season, he missed a block that DAMN NEAR led to a blocked field goal and possibly a playoff loss. I dunno about him......
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
No excuses next season for this dude. IMO, I think VD is gone this off season, so VM should get most if not all of the snaps.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
I'm just hoping McDonald doesn't turn out to be the next Greg Clark. That sucked.
HUGE drop off from Delanie
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
No excuses next season for this dude. IMO, I think VD is gone this off season, so VM should get most if not all of the snaps.

I think if VD is gone (and I think he will be unless he agrees to a pay cut) the team will draft a TE in either the 1st or 2nd round
This dude has had no chance with this scheme. Hes bulked out. This is where staff in my opinion fall down. Players come to the scheme. Not the scheme fits the players.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

i never thought i would say this but,,,,,,, you could make a very very very strong case for bringing back walker into the fold... however only if we have a oc/coach who would know what to do and how to use him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

chaz has said nothing wrong but we GOT to get someone else in here, the idea of putting our tight end eggs into this guys basket is terrifying to me

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
This dude has had no chance with this scheme. Hes bulked out. This is where staff in my opinion fall down. Players come to the scheme. Not the scheme fits the players.

I don't think any receiver has a chance in this scheme. Roman would make Megatron look pedestrian.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

I don't think any receiver has a chance in this scheme. Roman would make Megatron look pedestrian.
geek is right,,, really ,, from here on out when we talk about bringing players to the niners,, we have to temper it with" will the current coaches, if they stay, know what to do with them?" i actually said that about johnson and lloyd when we brought them in last year but thats a whole other story
Vance sucks and should NEVER be our #1 TE. If he is, then expect the same stats we currently get from our TE position (1 catch for 6 yards per game).

We need to draft a TE in the 3rd-4th round who is at least 6"6 can jump and run. Coaches can teach blocking, they cant teach speed.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Vance sucks and should NEVER be our #1 TE. If he is, then expect the same stats we currently get from our TE position (1 catch for 6 yards per game).

We need to draft a TE in the 3rd-4th round who is at least 6"6 can jump and run. Coaches can teach blocking, they cant teach speed.

VANCE DOESN'T SUCK!!!! VANCE IS A MAN, A VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL MAN!!!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Right because Delanie was just tearing s**t up in his first few seasons. I don't think they expected any rookie to just walk in and pick up where Delanie left off and they certainly couldn't afford to give a huge contract to a #2 TE who had never caught more than like 20 passes in any season.

As a whole I don't trust anything I've seen from this offense because I don't think the guys that are running it even know what they are doing anymore. I think McDonald still has a lot of potential, seeing as how blocking was his major weakness and he actually became a pretty good blocker, I think he can be a nice contributor in a better overall passing attack.
Share 49ersWebzone