LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
We'll see - I trust Baalke/JH
Time to hit the jugs machine, Vance!
Time to hit the jugs machine, Vance!
Haven't heard much about this guy. Looks like a receiving TE who lined up wide once in a while while not being much of a blocker though willing to do so. But this offense needs 2 TEs who can catch the ball.

Well if Baalke and Harbs see something in this guy, he'll likely contribute right away since D-love is gone and VD is the only one there really.
I am glad we got Vance McD, but we really missed the boat on Mike Hawk and Buster Hymen.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I am glad we got Vance McD, but we really missed the boat on Mike Hawk and Buster Hymen.

LOL true but luckily

undrafted rookie churck jacobs wr had a better senior year receiving and he cost us nothing but a camp invite. LoL
[ Edited by Need4Speed on Apr 28, 2013 at 3:05 PM ]
Unhh, as far as smarts go, you gotta be damn smart to even get into Rice. Once they get out, they are really smart. Learning plays is a no brainer for this guy. Amazing that he outweighs our OLB pick Lemonier.

Mike Hunt is better than both of them
love how Harbaugh compared him to Ditka when he was a TE.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Dont forget curbin johnson

Originally posted by bors:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Dont forget curbin johnson

Pretty sure it was curvin. He is known to slide through the hole in the zone a bit awkwardly
This may not seem like a big deal, but if this guy can come in and be our long snapper, it will be huge. There are going to be some solid players that we will be cutting this year, so every spot on that 53 man roster is important.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This may not seem like a big deal, but if this guy can come in and be our long snapper, it will be huge. There are going to be some solid players that we will be cutting this year, so every spot on that 53 man roster is important.

No way! You have him focus in building up to his potential as a TE that's it. Jennings even up there at age continues to do his job well
Originally posted by bALLSOhARD:

I think this video shows some of the skills we're all looking for. When I this I see clay to be molded. That earlier video was older and this one possibly shows Vance can grow in all areas of his game.

I totally get it watching this video. Clearly this kid needs some work. But you could see a tremendous body of work in this one game that shows a very good command of the base concepts we have been playing with in the read option and motion run game as well as the type of mismatches we try to get in formations. Most coaches see a kid dropping some balls. But there were plenty of times he was open and should have been the target on routes. The fact that this kid is comfortable in motion and blocking in space, totally aggressive and successful blocking downfield, even some running out of the backfield and a total load to bring down. I can totally see Roman salivating over this guy. We could turn him into a beast.
Harbaugh got him in #89 just like he said he would.
Share 49ersWebzone