There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by 49Fever:
I dont know if you catched it on NFL network but while rich eisen was talking mike mayock who was in his many papers asked who just picked mc donald ? 49ers
He responded great pick.
He is complimentary to vernon, gives CKa big target for short passes

i think this guy can have huge production for us. hes pretty damn fast. theyre gonna use him like gronk i think
He is a physical freak, and will be able to do many things on this team. Dude benched 225 31 times. and has lineman size. Think about it ... he is as big as Tank Carradine ... seriously, almost identical. And as an added bonus, we blocked an obviously interested Seahag team ... so we will not be facing this guy twice a year. Great pick.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD had questionable hands and he fixed em. i dont have a problem with this pick. hes got size and speed, walker was too short to play TE. this guy will free up VD to get more involved in the passing game

Just like Vernon, lots of hours on the jugs machine will help Vance improve his eye-hand coordination.

He certainly can block in space, and finishes his blocks!

Experienced at running and blocking out of the pistol. He will definitely help our running game.

And as a long snapper, he opens up the roster spot that Jennings currently occupies.

Fits into our scheme, overlaps with D-Loves skill set, but brings something new, his size and strength at impact.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Would have preferred Kelce, Vance has stone hands and double catches everything. But I have high hopes for him, just needs to hit the jugs machine.
When Harbaugh drafts a TE or QB everyone needs to listen. The guy knows these positions better than anyone.

So when he trades up to draft a physical freak in the 2nd and people question it, history repeats itself.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I really think you all have never seen a rice game and consider highlights as game film. I trust the niners but this guy is very raw. He is an athlete but he is no where near a finished product. And to think they could of got curvin johnson. This reminds me SOOOOO MUCH of the response to Vance as a Niner.

He holds his own against good teams. He can do a little bit of everything and just like DW he will have some frustrating drops and some great catches. He looks like he could fill out to 275 and still keep his athleticism, he will hurt people.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
He is a physical freak, and will be able to do many things on this team. Dude benched 225 31 times. and has lineman size. Think about it ... he is as big as Tank Carradine ... seriously, almost identical. And as an added bonus, we blocked an obviously interested Seahag team ... so we will not be facing this guy twice a year. Great pick.

A physical freak doesn't mean he can play football. I have no idea if he can play since I don't know anything about the guy. Someone compared him to James Casey which isn't a bad thing at all.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
I really think you all have never seen a rice game and consider highlights as game film. I trust the niners but this guy is very raw. He is an athlete but he is no where near a finished product. And to think they could of got curvin johnson. This reminds me SOOOOO MUCH of the response to Vance as a Niner.

Even if we haven't seen him, he's got two things going for him. He had the best measureables of all the TEs in the class and he was picked by Jim Harbaugh The Tight End whisperer (when he's not being a QB whisperer). Sure this guy might be raw as all heck, but so was Aldon and so was Kaep. This staff has proven that it knows how to turn potential into talent in a very short period of time, and we draft raw guys that have high potential. Again, I go back to their track record and while they won't be 100% successful in developing players, we as fans have every right to be excited based on how they have developed raw talent. Furthermore, this guy isn't going to be relied upon to be a starting TE. We can use him in spots the way we did with Aldon in his rookie year.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

A physical freak doesn't mean he can play football. I have no idea if he can play since I don't know anything about the guy. Someone compared him to James Casey which isn't a bad thing at all.

They both went to Rice. Thus the comparison. McDonald is much bigger and stronger than James Casey.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Man there are some stupid fans
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Buster hymen lol
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
So were the Seahawks gonna pick McDonald before we jumped them? Didn't they trade out of their spot after we jumped up to draft him?