LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
He is a physical freak, and will be able to do many things on this team. Dude benched 225 31 times. and has lineman size. Think about it ... he is as big as Tank Carradine ... seriously, almost identical. And as an added bonus, we blocked an obviously interested Seahag team ... so we will not be facing this guy twice a year. Great pick.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
VD had questionable hands and he fixed em. i dont have a problem with this pick. hes got size and speed, walker was too short to play TE. this guy will free up VD to get more involved in the passing game

Just like Vernon, lots of hours on the jugs machine will help Vance improve his eye-hand coordination.

He certainly can block in space, and finishes his blocks!

Experienced at running and blocking out of the pistol. He will definitely help our running game.

And as a long snapper, he opens up the roster spot that Jennings currently occupies.

Fits into our scheme, overlaps with D-Loves skill set, but brings something new, his size and strength at impact.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Would have preferred Kelce, Vance has stone hands and double catches everything. But I have high hopes for him, just needs to hit the jugs machine.
When Harbaugh drafts a TE or QB everyone needs to listen. The guy knows these positions better than anyone.

So when he trades up to draft a physical freak in the 2nd and people question it, history repeats itself.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I really think you all have never seen a rice game and consider highlights as game film. I trust the niners but this guy is very raw. He is an athlete but he is no where near a finished product. And to think they could of got curvin johnson. This reminds me SOOOOO MUCH of the response to Vance as a Niner.

He holds his own against good teams. He can do a little bit of everything and just like DW he will have some frustrating drops and some great catches. He looks like he could fill out to 275 and still keep his athleticism, he will hurt people.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
He is a physical freak, and will be able to do many things on this team. Dude benched 225 31 times. and has lineman size. Think about it ... he is as big as Tank Carradine ... seriously, almost identical. And as an added bonus, we blocked an obviously interested Seahag team ... so we will not be facing this guy twice a year. Great pick.

A physical freak doesn't mean he can play football. I have no idea if he can play since I don't know anything about the guy. Someone compared him to James Casey which isn't a bad thing at all.
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
I really think you all have never seen a rice game and consider highlights as game film. I trust the niners but this guy is very raw. He is an athlete but he is no where near a finished product. And to think they could of got curvin johnson. This reminds me SOOOOO MUCH of the response to Vance as a Niner.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

A physical freak doesn't mean he can play football. I have no idea if he can play since I don't know anything about the guy. Someone compared him to James Casey which isn't a bad thing at all.

They both went to Rice. Thus the comparison. McDonald is much bigger and stronger than James Casey.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Man there are some stupid fans
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Buster hymen lol
Originally posted by AmpLee:
So were the Seahawks gonna pick McDonald before we jumped them? Didn't they trade out of their spot after we jumped up to draft him?

thats a good point, i think you are right about us jumping in front of them
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
So were the Seahawks gonna pick McDonald before we jumped them? Didn't they trade out of their spot after we jumped up to draft him?

Well you don't normally trade out of your spot until it's your pic anyway

No way to know that but TE was a need position for them and they did trade out. Pretty sure that Carroll wont ever to admit to it.
Share 49ersWebzone