There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by Hacksaw:
Foot
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Finally some one gets it. D.walk had very light feet hell at times looked like a dancer not a TE. This guy is no where near that "kind" of athlete. He is a freak as far as measurable 's go but I really think the zone has combine fever for a guy who was in the spread and some pistol last year and put up average numbers against sub par competition. His measurable 's actually play against him here. Ever play a game of football against kids? Even a subpar giant with some speed is going to bowl over the kiddos. Look its the draft there is alot of kool-aid getting passed out I get it. But this guy is a project, and even if OTC is right and he has huge upside it don't mean right now he is the 2nd TE. I've seen alot of gym rats do well in college and putter in the pro's my personal opinion is Vance has a chance to be "that guy."

The amount of love for a guy who did almost nothing against good competition is amazing to me.
Football against kids as apposed to the men Kaep many of our starters played against while in college?

His competition was sub-par compared to Kaep's by far. You must not actually follow college football Kap beat number 24 at the time Cal and number 3 Boise State posting one of the most complete statistical seasons by a QB that decade.. Take a look at this kids college career who did he ever play and perform well against? He posted huge numbers against UTEP yes sorry my bad UTEP is the a huge nfl factory right? When he faced decent teams his performance was subpar and was the 4th option on a bad team.
He reminds me of Witten from the Cowboys.
lol Seahawks took his back up. CHEA BOI! Still glad to see us trade up above them to steal their guy and then have them trade out later.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
lol Seahawks took his back up. CHEA BOI! Still glad to see us trade up above them to steal their guy and then have them trade out later.

getting them back for last year and bruce irvin.. We again have two TE that are better than their starter..
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

getting them back for last year and bruce irvin.. We again have two TE that are better than their starter..

I love how the Niners moved in front of Seattle in the 2nd round and took McDonald and then the Seahawks just happened to trade out of their pick...
J.H is comparing Vance to Iron Mike Ditka. Coach is going to make him wear # 89 just like Iron Mike.
[ Edited by red42x on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM ]
Did anyone hear Harbough compare Vance to Mike Ditka? Not beating a dead horse, but Mike could have been a great lb as well..
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Most important to me, I hope this guy is smarter than Walker when it comes to knowing where to line up on the field! It seemed that many times we had to call a timeout to avoid a delay of game or got a delay of game penalty because Kap or Smith were trying to get Walker in the right spot in the formation. Walker made lining up an adventure way too much!

Highest Wonderlic score at the TE position can't hurt.
Kids who go to Rice tend to be pretty decent in the class room. Excited about this guy, varying opinions some say he's like Walker, some say Heap and Witten. In any case, he's big, strong, smart and talented. I approve.
meh
When this guy catches the ball we gotta go ... "Vaaaaaance!"
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

Vance McDonald caught a ball ee-eye, ee-eye oh
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

What about when he drops it?

"WHHHHHHHHHITTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEE DELAAAAAAAAAAAAAANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
watched the combine footage... dude looks pretty athletic, IMO.
I dont know if you catched it on NFL network but while rich eisen was talking mike mayock who was in his many papers asked who just picked mc donald ? 49ers
He responded great pick.
He is complimentary to vernon, gives CKa big target for short passes