There are 377 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Defender got him pretty good didn't he?

On the fumble, i think everyone could tell the way he was holding it one decent hit and that ball was going to go flying.
Dude was running like Forrest Gump with a football.. He was so excited to make be play he literally lost all focus of finishing the play.
  • thl408
He was trying to truck the DB and the DB got lower than Vance was. Shoulder right on the ball.

Then he gets cockblocked by VD. He thought he was about to get his first career TD. Crappy night for Vance.
Seems like he gets too excited and just ends up hulking it down the field.

He needs to calm down and play within the situation.
Guy can't catch a break. yeah he was too out of control on his catch. Was cool to see kind of how like vernon use to run over everyone but its not worth it if you cant hang onto the ball. Also, sucks that 1st td could have helped turn around his career as a receiver. Too bad because I think hes got a lot of potential as a receiver to sit down and move the chains but we dont use him as a receiver much because of the drops. So it's a vicious circle, doesnt get to go out for passes so cant improve. Wish we would help his confidence by giving him short dumpoffs and curl routes... get him going on short ones before going downfield to him. Hopefully we get him worked into the offense even if it means going out of your way on occasion. Like we should have done with Jenkins but didnt. At worst though he will be a great 3rd blocking te which in our offense is very valuable.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM ]
That fumble?... Happens to everybody he was trying to make a play(remeber Crabtree in ATL @goal line) What i didnt like was the body language and reaction after he and VD got in each others way.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Guy can't catch a break. yeah he was too out of control on his catch. Was cool to see kind of how like vernon use to run over everyone but its not worth it if you cant hang onto the ball. Also, sucks that 1st td could have helped turn around his career as a receiver. Too bad because I think hes got a lot of potential as a receiver to sit down and move the chains but we dont use him as a receiver much because of the drops. So it's a vicious circle, doesnt get to go out for passes so cant improve. Wish weewould help his confidence by giving him short dumpoffs and curl routes... get him going on short ones before going downfield to him. Hopefully we get him worked into the offense even if it means going out of your way on occasion. Like we should have done with Jenkins but didnt. At worst though he will be a great 3rd blocking te which in our offense is very valuable.

I know nobody wants to hear this but it may take another training camp to iron it out. Garnish and Kaep shut him after one bad play plus the injury. No rhythm for the 2nd year guy. He just needs to get healthy and I'm sure he will pick up steam. I just don't think we've seen it yet. He doesn't feel completely comfy but he flashes it and I think that's what's important. Carrier has a year on him and he's a heavy WR. McD is a light linemen. He's not incapable of the transition because you see it sometimes. He's just learning proper mechanics and it's taking time. Something you have to be wiling to give a young guy.
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
That fumble?... Happens to everybody he was trying to make a play(remeber Crabtree in ATL @goal line) What i didnt like was the body language and reaction after he and VD got in each others way.

I think the man had the right to be upset especially if Vernon ran the wrong route. I dont blame vernon for going and getting the ball if he was scrambling around and not running the route anymore. He probably didnt see McDonald there. Now if just ran the wrong route its all on him for getting in the way. VD has 55 td catches, mcdonald has 1 preseason td, 0 in the regular season so hard for him not to be pissed especially after the fumble earlier and his limited chances he gets to go out for a pass.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
At least he flashes potential. I can see him showing up on game tape and ending up as a Delanie Walker type tool. More than can be said about LMJ, Patton, the dud we shipped to the Chiefs, and Ellington.

Exactly how many opportunities have Patton and Ellington gotten for you to make that proclamation.........would you play them ahead of Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson and Lloyd, all veteran receivers or are you just complaining to complain about something.
I just have a feeling the same people who bash Vance are the same ones who bashed Brandon Lloyd before he had opportunities to prove himself.

Vance is hungry as f**k.... we never really use him...he knows how good he is. I'm sure he is not used to, basically not being used.

we need to make sure his head is still in it down the road...we are going to need him....be it if Vernon gets doubled or if Vern is dinged up.

I've liked Carrier since we got him...he's still not as good as a blocker, understandably because he is light as s**t.....but I hope we use all 3TEs more often at the same time. The Chiefs had some nice plays we should be copying.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think the man had the right to be upset especially if Vernon ran the wrong route. I dont blame vernon for going and getting the ball if he was scrambling around and not running the route anymore. He probably didnt see McDonald there. Now if just ran the wrong route its all on him for getting in the way. VD has 55 td catches, mcdonald has 1 preseason td, 0 in the regular season so hard for him not to be pissed especially after the fumble earlier and his limited chances he gets to go out for a pass.
I get your argument but did u see what Boldin said on ESPN after the game? and thats after Both Hyde and Gore ran for under 50 yards!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
At least he flashes potential. I can see him showing up on game tape and ending up as a Delanie Walker type tool. More than can be said about LMJ, Patton, the dud we shipped to the Chiefs, and Ellington.

Exactly how many opportunities have Patton and Ellington gotten for you to make that proclamation.........would you play them ahead of Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson and Lloyd, all veteran receivers or are you just complaining to complain about something.

Patton turned heads with his catch against the Cardinals. Other than that, I haven't see flashes. And if they haven't had any opportunities, it's because they didn't create many for themselves (unless you wan't to go with the playing favorites argument). The best you can say about Ellington is that he hasn't turned the ball over.

All I was doing was contrasting the difference between McDonald and development and progress of the rest of the receivers Baalke has drafted.
BUST. Bad luck player. Pretty boy looking MF is a dreadlock away from Zak Keasey 2.0. He has speed but no ball skills.
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Oct 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM ]
I'd rather see Carrier get more oppertunities. VD kinda messed his potential TD catch up but Mcdonald just has too many errors. When you have very little chances you need to produce. Vance just dissapoints.
Another Wesley Walls....will prob thrive with another team and be a Niner-killer
Share 49ersWebzone