LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
if you blame morton for the wide outs we had here last year, explain to me why people like marlon moore, kyle williams and whoever else did not flourish somewhere else. you can not make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. how do you know ck has"mediocre"vision. are you an eye doctor? he had one good wide out last year to throw to, one. he was also on the run due to the fact our offensive line is over rated in pass protection.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
We all knew Vance could block & get open; might be looking like he can catch too.

• Nuns
  • Veteran
I thought Vance looked pretty good last night. Nobody wanted to tackle him.
He definitely took a step forward. Looked way more comfortable with both his catching and route running to me.
Thought vance looked much improved last night. I loved getting him involved early with the Playaction slide play. We should be wearing that type of play out. In base set, it's miller catching the slide and in more two tight sets you can rotate it between vance an vd. My feeling is if it's vd is running the slide he will garner more attention and that could open up a run lane for kaep or leave the other TE open on the deep cross/over route that usually accompanies the slide route.
He looked a lot better than last year but it's just one game. He always could block. Now he can run a route and catch. He always had pretty good explosion IMO for a 6'4" 270 lb. guy. You got to keep in mind he is 270 lbs. For his size IMO he moves very well. I hope he can catch more consistently.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Aug 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM ]
Vance had a great catch today. I bought his jersey awhile back and I'm beginning to think it was a good investment.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Aug 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Vance had a great catch today. I bought his jersey a while back and I'm beginning to think it was a good investment.

That boy is good...don't tell cciowa

Where the love for VMCD
He;s been getting nothing but positive run in the winner / loser thread. He is ready to break out big I think. I just hope the line gives them enough time, and Kap looks for him and can actually get it in the vicinity The jumping grab he made, and the TD grab really showed me something. Like I said,I just hope he gets used.

He looks really good this year. Seeing the ball in. He can have a good year.
Has had a very nice pre-season. Seems to really be rounding into a nice pass catcher. He needs to be involved more this year.
  • thl408
Him "breaking out" this season can really make the 1rb/2te/2wr grouping an effective set. This keeps defenses in base and has 3 "WRs" in Boldin, Crabs, VD, but it can also run the ball with VD and Vance being good blockers.

In other words, they can run the ball well with 7 big blockers (OL + 2TEs), but Vance is a bigger downfield threat than Miller.
Originally posted by thl408:
Him "breaking out" this season can really make the 1rb/2te/2wr grouping an effective set. This keeps defenses in base and has 3 "WRs" in Boldin, Crabs, VD, but it can also run the ball with VD and Vance being good blockers.

In other words, they can run the ball well with 7 big blockers (OL + 2TEs), but Vance is a bigger downfield threat than Miller.
Excellent insight there. Automatic mismatches galore
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Vance has had a great camp, dude is due a breakout if he can get some passes
Share 49ersWebzone