There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Short and sweet: I'm a Carrier fan. I hope he takes the "Delanie" role.

Niners have shown they can handle a bust or two if Vance doesn't win TE2.
Vance "Big Drop" McDonalds
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

sad but true. 2nd year, and we're still seeing many unwarranted drops.

you're born with great hands. others have to work hard to survive.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Tell him.. He need focus to hands catch the ball and not afraids when gets to hits.. Be man!!
Chicken McDroplets.
  • -AC-
Mangini and Morton are the TE and WR's coaches...

Let that sink in for a minute...
Originally posted by -AC-:

Maybe... They should fired Coach TE and Coach WR

We should steal hired from Seahawks coach TE and Coach WR
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Aug 6, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]

I think they're good coaches. Harbaugh wouldn't tolerate sub-par coaching on his staff.

Mangini is well respected around the league and has experience coaching both sides of the ball.

Morton is a decent coach. The WRs who failed here failed because they sucked. The WR coach can only do so much.
  • -AC-
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think they're good coaches. Harbaugh wouldn't tolerate sub-par coaching on his staff.

Mangini is well respected around the league and has experience coaching both sides of the ball.

Morton is a decent coach. The WRs who failed here failed because they sucked. The WR coach can only do so much.

I've never cared for Morton going back to his SC days... Mangini is a great coach (on the defensive side of the ball)...
[ Edited by -AC- on Aug 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]

Hmm... Are you a new member and join us? Are u a real 49ers fans? I think, you have a good point about WR coach was sux.. I forget about it because we have not sucessful our WR.. Oh wel..I figure out.l

I've never cared for Morton going back to his SC days... Mangini is a great coach (on the defensive side of the ball)...

Yeah, I knew nothing about Morton. Just that Harbaugh knew him from their Chargers days together. I only blame Morton for being responsible for the Ronald Johnson pick.
I knew from the very start that he wasn't going to do well on this team. Not with Kaepernick as our QB.

Colin is definitely good enough, but his fastball is too much for people who don't have strong hands. That's why players like Walker and Jenkins had a hard time catching passes from Kaep. He throws too hard for them, and they can't grab the ball unless they use their bodies, which means nothing high is in their range.

Hopefully he's improved, but he doesn't have enough raw talent to overcome subpar hands like VD does.

If we had a good possession tight end like Olsen or Heath Miller, it would be a better fit.

He would in Morton's case. Morton is one of his closest friends, Harbaugh actually lived with Morton following his divorce from his first wife. I'm not at all impressed with Morton. Either our WRs can play or they can't, but he hasn't come close to developing one. No coach should survive a year that was as abject a failure at a position as the one our WRs suffered through last year. Almost every other team has gotten recent production from late-round picks or UDFAs. We got absolutely nothing last year.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I knew from the very start that he wasn't going to do well on this team. Not with Kaepernick as our QB.

Colin is definitely good enough, but his fastball is too much for people who don't have strong hands. That's why players like Walker and Jenkins had a hard time catching passes from Kaep. He throws too hard for them, and they can't grab the ball unless they use their bodies, which means nothing high is in their range.

Hopefully he's improved, but he doesn't have enough raw talent to overcome subpar hands like VD does.

If we had a good possession tight end like Olsen or Heath Miller, it would be a better fit.

I can deal with the occasional drop, as long as he's making a positive impact overall. He's still a potential mismatch problem with his size and athleticism.
Originally posted by CrimsonCrew:

He would in Morton's case. Morton is one of his closest friends, Harbaugh actually lived with Morton following his divorce from his first wife. I'm not at all impressed with Morton. Either our WRs can play or they can't, but he hasn't come close to developing one. No coach should survive a year that was as abject a failure at a position as the one our WRs suffered through last year. Almost every other team has gotten recent production from late-round picks or UDFAs. We got absolutely nothing last year.

True, but what has he had to develop? Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins, Marlon Moore, Ronald Johnson...???

Notice how none of those guys have done anything since leaving the 49ers either. They're scrubs. Can't develop trash.

Patton and Ellington seem legit though. If he can't develop those guys than I will hold him accountable.