There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by Afrikan:
he carries every 270 pounds very well..built like a truck! I think they'll get him to get alittle slimmer like they did to Vernon.

Nah, I think he just has a big frame, Vernon was just too yoked up.
Originally posted by dhp318:
he carries every 270 pounds very well..built like a truck! I think they'll get him to get alittle slimmer like they did to Vernon.

Yeah, one of the main reasons he was rated high has to be because of his athleticism, carrying 270 well. He's Jeremy Shockey like

Or in 9er terms: D-Love/Byham
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Yeah, one of the main reasons he was rated high has to be because of his athleticism, carrying 270 well. He's Jeremy Shockey like

Or in 9er terms: D-Love/Byham
he looks nothing like delanie lol. delanie was short and definitely not as heavy. this guy is an upgrade
I'm loving this pick. It's like the Gronkowksi pick. This guy looks like a unbreakable beast.
just please get his hands fixed.....I cant stand guys not holding onto the ball
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Will get more playing time than any other draft pick outside Reid.

Probably right, but tank and lemonier could get lots of reps
I wasn't sure if they'd spend a high pick on a TE coming into the draft, but this assures me that the 2TE set will be a staple in this offense. So now there's a behemoth OLine with the best blocking TE in the league and now big Vance. Just saw some clips of him. That he was lined up as a slot WR was amusing. He also seems to have a mean streak like Boone and ADavis.
[ Edited by thl408 on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM ]
Very excited about this kids athleticism but most of all his versatility. He has the ability to play out of the backfield as an H-back, play in the slot (used for a lot of bubble screens) and was even used for end-arounds at Rice. He has also shown a good ability to block in space.

Roman is a super creative OC and I can't wait to see what he has in store for Vance in this offense.
Originally posted by Tman:

I don't get it, but thats funny as hell! Lmao
Vance is a lot longer than Vernon Davis, so they should complement each other well.
Originally posted by bdub2588:
I think he'd make a great olb prospect.. I'm serious..

Nah, move him to FS
The trade up to right before the Seahawks' pick, was that because Baalke thought SEA would take Vance? SEA immediately traded down.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
my only question is why pick vance mcdonald over travis kelce

if anyone has insight on that greatly appreciated

kelce had character concerns
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by bdub2588:
I think he'd make a great olb prospect.. I'm serious..

Nah, move him to FS
Well might as well now that we can't let him rush the qb or cover a TE.. That's beyond the pos! Lol

Originally posted by KegBert:
Nah, move him to FS
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
When he lines up, looking from the rear, he looks like another OT. Also, if you go to Rice you can't be a dummy. They graduate mostly everybody and all seem to be in the sciences. Bet on it that he is smart. He looks like a really big Delanie, won't be as deft, but will be a great blocker. He is fast so he can get downfield to bloc like delanie. Like they say, the knock is that his catches aren't clean...Clean? I personally don't care if a catch is clean or not. Just matters is he catches it.

mcdonald, like eric reid, had the higest wonderlic for his position group, as wellas the most bench presses in the lifting

balke likes smart players