There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by thl408:
Flashed some hands

i dont really care what the rule book says but i dont like plays like that being ruled catches. i remember the play, kaep threw it and the ball got deflected, vance got his hands on it, but when he hits the ground you can see a little ball movement.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i dont really care what the rule book says but i dont like plays like that being ruled catches. i remember the play, kaep threw it and the ball got deflected, vance got his hands on it, but when he hits the ground you can see a little ball movement.
When the call is catch it must be conclusive evidence to overturn the call. As it should be
Hopefully he becomes a big part of this teams offense.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Thl408, the Vance 20+ yard catch play, those redskin linebackers really bit on the play fake.

The three LB's (one is actually the SS, IIRC) actually got to their drops pretty quickly. The only one who was slow was actually dropping to the side away from Vance. Kerrigan got toasted by Vance, but he lined head up on him and had him as an assignment the whole way, he just completely failed on his re-route. This Play did a good job of attacking a poorly executed Cover 3 from a Man-1 pre-snap read, IMO.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Thl408, the Vance 20+ yard catch play, those redskin linebackers really bit on the play fake.

The three LB's (one is actually the SS, IIRC) actually got to their drops pretty quickly. The only one who was slow was actually dropping to the side away from Vance. Kerrigan got toasted by Vance, but he lined head up on him and had him as an assignment the whole way, he just completely failed on his re-route. This Play did a good job of attacking a poorly executed Cover 3 from a Man-1 pre-snap read, IMO.
The LB heads up on Vance was expecting a down block from vance and was bracing for it, and vance released to the outside and was gone by the time the LB realized it was a pass. He missed his opportunity to jam vance at the LOS because of the excellently executed play fake.
Vance refrigeration has a chance to be as good and solid as brent jones
  • DeUh
Recent interview.
^^^ Well spoken kid. I like his take on getting used to CK's ball (and how having VD out is helping a ton for all the TE's getting key reps) and facing the defense and what a challenge last year was. It sounds like they put everything on his plate and now it's "smooth" sailing...he can just play.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Recent interview.

Dang ... I forget how big this guy really is If he becomes more consistent as a receiver, and they can design plays that get him the ball in space ... yikes.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Dang ... I forget how big this guy really is If he becomes more consistent as a receiver, and they can design plays that get him the ball in space ... yikes.

He's going to literally, hurt someone!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Now all he has to work on is hurting their feelings too.

...and catching.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Agree, really looking forward to a big season from him.

He has size and speed to be a standout TE.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Jul 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
Recent interview.

Thanks for that. Only saw two catches, but I like that he is a hands catcher when needed. With that arm span, that's a nice catch radius. I hope he takes advantage of the VD holdout and forces the coaches to give him some looks. Eventually, he will be the 49ers #1 TE so it's important he builds a good rapport with Kap. I'm pretty sure that was what the team envisioned when they drafted him. VD isn't going to run a 4.3 forever.
Originally posted by thl408:
Recent interview.

Thanks for that. Only saw two catches, but I like that he is a hands catcher when needed. With that arm span, that's a nice catch radius. I hope he takes advantage of the VD holdout and forces the coaches to give him some looks. Eventually, he will be the 49ers #1 TE so it's important he builds a good rapport with Kap. I'm pretty sure that was what the team envisioned when they drafted him. VD isn't going to run a 4.3 forever.

He has better hands and decisiveness. Always catches with his hands, then immediately turns up field ..no hesitation..and if you're in his way he going to go through you if there's no way around you
Vance is gonna do awesome this year! These extra reps with the 1st team in camp are going to be very beneficial.