There are 238 users in the forums

How did San Francisco lose the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trying to imagine a big SC on the side of our helmets. Threw up some of my sammich. Pete would be chubbin', for sure.
Originally posted by susweel:
so is the new name Santa Clara 49ers starting next year also ?

LOL.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Trying to imagine a big SC on the side of our helmets. Threw up some of my sammich. Pete would be chubbin', for sure.

Jeez.

it will never be SC on the Helmet the same way we don't have the Arlington Cowboys or the New Jersey Giants.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:

its gonna be kinda cool though because all of our San Francisco fan apparel will be like throw back stuff. The SC on the helmet is gonna look kinda weird though but Im sure we will get used to it.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
No. I think this has been made very clear. They are still the San Francisco 49ers. It's not the Jersey Jets or the New Jersey Giants. It's the New York Giants and the New York Jets. There's precedent on this, people. Why are so many of you pretending there is a problem with the name?

It's not the Arlington Cowboys. Their stadium is closer to Fort Worth than it is to Dallas. It's not the Fort Worth Cowboys.

My only argument is that they're like a mile from San Jose so it wold make more sense to call them the San Jose 49ers-since SJ is a MAJOR city in itself. In other places like dallas or NY, there's no other near by big time cities near their teams new stadium. Since San Jose is LITERALLY a walking distance, my fear in the future that they'll change their name to SJ; esp. when SJ economy is already larger's than SF and continues to grow.

It's gonna be the California/Golden State 49ers if anything...ain't gonna be named after a damned town lol
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Jeez.

it will never be SC on the Helmet the same way we don't have the Arlington Cowboys or the New Jersey Giants.

It still tingles unpleasantly. I see the benefits and I understand the politics behind the move, but it still leaves a bitter taste.
SF is full of people who aren't intersted in sports, especially one as "barbaric" as football.

They deserve what they get. I'm curious how they are going to financially make up for the loss of the niners. That's millions and millions in revenue for the city that is just gone.

I hope they enjoy watching the South bay sucking up all that money. haha
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
SF is full of people who aren't intersted in sports, especially one as "barbaric" as football.

They deserve what they get. I'm curious how they are going to financially make up for the loss of the niners. That's millions and millions in revenue for the city that is just gone.

they are going to try to fill th void with the Warriors
No. I think this has been made very clear. They are still the San Francisco 49ers. It's not the Jersey Jets or the New Jersey Giants. It's the New York Giants and the New York Jets. There's precedent on this, people. Why are so many of you pretending there is a problem with the name?

It's not the Arlington Cowboys. Their stadium is closer to Fort Worth than it is to Dallas. It's not the Fort Worth Cowboys.

So you're saying they're going to be the San Jose 49ers?

The niners and giants do sell out but I know what you mean.

Even though I'm from the Sco, I perfer the south bay...partially due to their fanbase and love for the sharks.
No, it's not going to be the San Jose 49ers any more than it isn't the Fort Worth Cowboys. My irony meter is on the blink, but I think some of you are kidding. I HOPE some of you are kidding.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

they are going to try to fill th void with the Warriors
although that is good revenue, it pales in comparison with NFL $$$
No, it's not going to be the San Jose 49ers any more than it isn't the Fort Worth Cowboys. My irony meter is on the blink, but I think some of you are kidding. I HOPE some of you are kidding.

I hope you're right but why not San Jose. SAN JOSE is a HUGE city with alot to offer? What makes you confident that the name will never change to san jose? (no disrespect intended; i just want your input)
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The niners and giants do sell out but I know what you mean.

Even though I'm from the Sco, I perfer the south bay...partially due to their fanbase and love for the sharks.

Yup. People are more interested in things like "love fest" or sitting in a park smoking weed playing bongo drums.
Share 49ersWebzone