LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

REPORT.... woodson wants to play for niners and is lowering demands

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The age/health still lingers in my head, he had or still has a gimp collar bone. Although, if the price is cheap/affordable, he would be nice to have... depth/experience/groom future starter(s).
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Woodson is really, really slow. My stepdad's a packers fan and he b***hed about it constantly. Look how many times we burned him in the divis. round. I don't want this guy on our team. He's too old.

Well.. ur stepdad don't want Woodson sign a 49ers for us because he is emeny with a 49ers.. anyway.. We must a sign him for one year then get a championship! that is simple!
that is quite a leap,, a 37 year old woodson in no way shape or form is a major or a minor key to us winning a title, in my opinion..

I know how age is very depend on Woodson "37 years old".. He can have a pretty good at Tackle and smart to read the offense scores! Nnmaid is little some young then he don't have a tackle and probably is selfish by himself. It's not worth about himself the issue for selfish! We must a sign Woodson for one year and Cut Whitner now!! Whitner is very very worst plays and very aweful defense cuz he is very idiot to read the offense score cuz he don't know s**t!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]
IMO we should sign Woodson, especially if he is coming cheap. He is low risk and high reward. He can also serve as a mentor to whoever we draft. Another plus would be that we are playing GB opening day and may see them in the playoffs again. He has the exact inside information we need. Like i said, if he's coming cheap then i really do not see a negative factor to this.
Woodson is a perfect free safety. nevermind that he couldnt tackle Kape in the playoffs, nobody did not even the Ravens.
and on a one year deal.
With woodson, and then a late 2nd rd or early 3rd rd FS, we should be fine. Moving up to take vacarro, seems like a reach when we need #31 and 34 to get two DLs, BPA. And you know they will be there. FS , assuming Vacarro is best, is a long reach. Waiting until later to get a FS plus acquriing woodson, would seem a better solution, and we can put together some kind of S and CB mixture to make a decent backfield. We can get a top tier FS next yr after we have gotten our two starting DLs, plus TE, OT, maybe WR this yr. .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Woodson is a perfect free safety. nevermind that he couldnt tackle Kape in the playoffs, nobody did not even the Ravens.
i do not blame him for wanting to play for us,, he does not want to have to face our offense again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
With woodson, and then a late 2nd rd or early 3rd rd FS, we should be fine. Moving up to take vacarro, seems like a reach when we need #31 and 34 to get two DLs, BPA. And you know they will be there. FS , assuming Vacarro is best, is a long reach. Waiting until later to get a FS plus acquriing woodson, would seem a better solution, and we can put together some kind of S and CB mixture to make a decent backfield. We can get a top tier FS next yr after we have gotten our two starting DLs, plus TE, OT, maybe WR this yr. .
you and nc make the best case for signing charles. of course a improved pass rush will help things out tenfold. it is nice to see safety is so deep, this year in the draft.. as you said, we could wait till even the third to get a quality person. ok i am moving in that direction
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, thought they'd wait until after the draft but the more I thought about it, he is going to play and mentor a young gun anyhow...Moss-style so we can pick him up anytime! Been saying it all along... this is NOW the team FA's not only want to play for but willing to play for for less money.

Remember these Deion Sanders days? They are back baby!

Yea, you and I talked about this awhile back and it's coming to fruition. What's cool is that this FO can basically use this "cookie-cutter" approach to sustainability. Draft, resign your best, use FA for 1-2 year incentive-based deals, and compile draft picks to maneuver for current and future picks. These next five years are going to be spectacular.

IMO, it will be like 84-90 with us being in the playoffs, but, IMO, Baalke is doing a better job in this era of Salary-Cap-Hell. I honestly believe that we will resign Iupati, Aldon and Kap. We will let Crabs walk because he will demand too much like Goldson and would be willing to go elsewhere. That is why Lockette is such a key players this year. He succeeds, the need for Crabs won't be that great and we can continue to sustain our team by drafting his replacement this or next year.

The same with the CB and S group. This is a strong safety class where we could land two new candidates for stating FS and SS without having to pick them in the top 34. The same goes for the NT class. Jenkins could be had at 62 or even 74.

I have this feeling... Baalke will trade up to teens to land "his" player and still get to keep either 31 or 34. So here we go... FAs Nnamdi and Charles would be on one year deals to support and mentor their groups while still being able to prove their "mettle" to the rest of the NFL that they can still play, win win! Both Whitner and Brown will be FA next year. Now would be the time to find their future replacements while adding some all-star vets to the competition mix. So I see three potential DBs drafted this year. Donatell can now have a "Moss-like" presence in the CB and S squads, will only make them better: Iron sharpens iron. Then add three rookies to the deal and blamo, major competition.

Baalke is "Locked-In"!!!

Great time to be a Niner fan again.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
I know how age is very depend on Woodson "37 years old".. He can have a pretty good at Tackle and smart to read the offense scores! Nnmaid is little some young then he don't have a tackle and probably is selfish by himself. It's not worth about himself the issue for selfish! We must a sign Woodson for one year and Cut Whitner now!! Whitner is very very worst plays and very aweful defense cuz he is very idiot to read the offense score cuz he don't know s**t!

WOW. This is the worst formulated argument I have ever read in my life. Are you in kindergarten. I don't think you actually have a complete thought finished or a sentence that makes sense.
PROOF READ your responses before hitting the "Post This Reply" button.

Originally posted by cgida:

WOW. This is the worst formulated argument I have ever read in my life. Are you in kindergarten. I don't think you actually have a complete thought finished or a sentence that makes sense.

Sorry cqida, but this is BuZzB28, and we are all puppets in his world. If you'd been in here for awhile you'd know that BuZz has his own bizarre style.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wow, thought they'd wait until after the draft but the more I thought about it, he is going to play and mentor a young gun anyhow...Moss-style so we can pick him up anytime! Been saying it all along... this is NOW the team FA's not only want to play for but willing to play for for less money.

Remember these Deion Sanders days? They are back baby!

Yea, you and I talked about this awhile back and it's coming to fruition. What's cool is that this FO can basically use this "cookie-cutter" approach to sustainability. Draft, resign your best, use FA for 1-2 year incentive-based deals, and compile draft picks to maneuver for current and future picks. These next five years are going to be spectacular.

IMO, it will be like 84-90 with us being in the playoffs, but, IMO, Baalke is doing a better job in this era of Salary-Cap-Hell. I honestly believe that we will resign Iupati, Aldon and Kap. We will let Crabs walk because he will demand too much like Goldson and would be willing to go elsewhere. That is why Lockette is such a key players this year. He succeeds, the need for Crabs won't be that great and we can continue to sustain our team by drafting his replacement this or next year.

The same with the CB and S group. This is a strong safety class where we could land two new candidates for stating FS and SS without having to pick them in the top 34. The same goes for the NT class. Jenkins could be had at 62 or even 74.

I have this feeling... Baalke will trade up to teens to land "his" player and still get to keep either 31 or 34. So here we go... FAs Nnamdi and Charles would be on one year deals to support and mentor their groups while still being able to prove their "mettle" to the rest of the NFL that they can still play, win win! Both Whitner and Brown will be FA next year. Now would be the time to find their future replacements while adding some all-star vets to the competition mix. So I see three potential DBs drafted this year. Donatell can now have a "Moss-like" presence in the CB and S squads, will only make them better: Iron sharpens iron. Then add three rookies to the deal and blamo, major competition.

Baalke is "Locked-In"!!!

Great time to be a Niner fan again.

I saw another poster talk about this yesterday as well...Baalke clearly has a formula here:
  • Supplement the roster by signing no big name expensive FA's. Instead, sign former good/great FA players who want to prove something and want to contribute to a championship team...come on down!
  • Sign our star players as early as possible to reasonable, long-term contracts.
  • Secure the core group.
  • Let the all-about-the-money player FA's walk and let other teams HIGHLY overpay for their skill sets (b/c they won't produce there like they did here).
  • Secure as many draft choices as possible for this year and next.
  • Draft a year or two out.
  • Choose BPA but for OUR system/needs.
  • Create epic competition everywhere and promise nothing to no one. Be direct, honest and upfront.
  • Do your research on talent evaluation and think outside-the-box (e.g. Bruce Miller)
  • Red-shirt players and rely on your coaches to develop them properly (e.g. CK) over time and ensure they are ready when the call comes. James is another example...why did we need him when we had Hunter and Gore? Ohhhhh, good thing we had him!
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Sorry cqida, but this is BuZzB28, and we are all puppets in his world. If you'd been in here for awhile you'd know that BuZz has his own bizarre style.

And is obviously using some translate software i would venture a guess from an Asian dialect which is very hard to romanize
How can we afford another free agent?

lol.
Share 49ersWebzone