There are 238 users in the forums

49ers at Seattle..anyone plan to go?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^ Yeah, lots and lots of backwoods hillbillies! Lol
[ Edited by Olejohnnyboy on Jul 23, 2013 at 1:23 PM ]
  • JP49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mattster03:
As a Niner fan who lives in WA, let me just say... good luck. A good chunk of the fans there have zero class, it will not be fun.

It's going to be a great game, hopefully if we don't get hooked with their BS we'll do alright....

I just can't miss this one!
I have gone to every 49er game in the Clink since it opened... including Sharpie and ending with last year's debacle on Sunday night. Don't think I will go anymore, the fans there have grown quite obnoxious and hostile, especially on Sunday night when the indigenous rowdies have spent hours getting liquored up, working themselves into a frenzy. I don't think I have ever seen as many drunken stupid people in one place as I did last December at the Clink.

Used to be, if you were a 49er fan, wearing red, the fans would bust your balls a little. Not anymore... Now they bust your balls a lot, or worse.

BTW... for IdahoNiner, I would suggest leaving your daughter at home, unless she is accustomed to hanging around a bunch of drunken, foul mouthed, low life, sleaze bags. Going to this game will destroy her faith in humanity.
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:33 PM ]
  • JP49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by paulk205:
Almost certainly will come over from England for the first two games of the season vs GB and @SEA. I haven't got all my ducks lined up yet, but I would call it an 90% chance.

same here! traveling all the way form Mexico!
Suggestion.....

If you are too afraid to go but have the money for two tickets and travel....buy the tickets and travel for some big dudes out of Hunters Point to get in that crowd of losers.

I figure if a few hundred of us do that the next thing you know there are another 1000 big mean dudes from our part of the world up there who nobody's going to throw beer at.

I'll be at the game......but before that I'll be at the Cowgirls Inc. in Pioneer Square. That is definitely the place to be before the game!

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjQFvYgpWdyg&ei=HfruUb7RO-iKiAKivYGoAw&usg=AFQjCNGQE9N3jFvzZmsITFbIFawB3X_BkQ&bvm=bv.49641647,d.cGE
[ Edited by rammer on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I have gone to every 49er game in the Clink since it opened... including Sharpie and ending with last year's debacle on Sunday night. Don't think I will go anymore, the fans there have grown quite obnoxious and hostile, especially on Sunday night when the indigenous rowdies have spent hours getting liquored up, working themselves into a frenzy. I don't think I have ever seen as many drunken stupid people in one place as I did last December at the Clink.

Used to be, if you were a 49er fan, wearing red, the fans would bust your balls a little. Not anymore... Now they bust your balls a lot, or worse.

BTW... for IdahoNiner, I would suggest leaving your daughter at home, unless she is accustomed to hanging around a bunch of drunken, foul mouthed, low life, sleaze bags. Going to this game will destroy her faith in humanity.

Thanks for the advice. Kind of what i was thinking. Me and my brother can handle it, but i dont think its something i want to subject her too even though she really wants to go. Ill take her to a few extra UofI games instead.
When you put 65,000 people together with differences of opinion...There are going to be a few that get out of hand.

Either I have been really lucky and met some cool fans, or have been smart enough to not say the wrong things... I have had a great time with opposing teams fans before and after the games(win or lose)! It's just a game! People don't need to get all violent about it!!!!

As far as the beer tossing goes... I have had several beers launched out of my cup because of the person in front of me jumping up.( The seats are very close) Not saying some people don't do it, but it does accidently happen. A buddy of mine got drenched 3 seats down from my 8$ beer that I had just bought .... person in front of me hit my beer celebrating during the December Rams game in 2011 (It was about 10 degrees) and my bro froze his ass off the rest of the game. lol

The Clink is far from the worst place to see a game by opposing fans. I would be more worried about your daughters hearing than her getting traumatized. It is a pretty cool stadium and Seattle has a lot of cool things to do.

If your cool you'll be fine!!!

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If the Kings stay in Sac wear their jersey

OMG YES! LOLL
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If the Kings stay in Sac wear their jersey

OMG YES! LOLL

Lets make a sign that says. "THE KINGS STAYED"

I'm getting off a fishing boat in seattle on the 10 so I might go, I need to get my jersey shipped to me though
Originally posted by stratman72:
When you put 65,000 people together with differences of opinion...There are going to be a few that get out of hand.

Either I have been really lucky and met some cool fans, or have been smart enough to not say the wrong things... I have had a great time with opposing teams fans before and after the games(win or lose)! It's just a game! People don't need to get all violent about it!!!!

As far as the beer tossing goes... I have had several beers launched out of my cup because of the person in front of me jumping up.( The seats are very close) Not saying some people don't do it, but it does accidently happen. A buddy of mine got drenched 3 seats down from my 8$ beer that I had just bought .... person in front of me hit my beer celebrating during the December Rams game in 2011 (It was about 10 degrees) and my bro froze his ass off the rest of the game. lol

The Clink is far from the worst place to see a game by opposing fans. I would be more worried about your daughters hearing than her getting traumatized. It is a pretty cool stadium and Seattle has a lot of cool things to do.

Have you ever had a 6 y/o daughter? lol. they are easy to traumatize. I have three girls. I have no doubt me and my brother will be fine, but the way this rivalry has progressed over the last few seasons, i dont think i want her to experiance that until she is a bit older.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by stratman72:

Have you ever had a 6 y/o daughter? lol. they are easy to traumatize. I have three girls. I have no doubt me and my brother will be fine, but the way this rivalry has progressed over the last few seasons, i dont think i want her to experiance that until she is a bit older.

Smart move IMO
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I went in 08 and that was enough for me. Some fans were cool but A TON of them were jerks. Would be hard to get me to go back.
I've been in quite a few away games, and Seattle is par for the course when it comes to their fans attitude to visiting fans. I haven't had any trouble, other than getting a bit of smack talked at my direction, with good cause too as we lost the game (the opener of the 2010 season). Anyway, I've seen quite a lot of our fans at Candlestick talk smack at visiting fans too, so it's not as if our lot are saintly.

I will know for sure in the next 10 days whether I'm coming or not. Let's get together though if we do travel.

EDIT: And if any of you travel to the London game this year, I'll be happy to see you there too as it's where I live
[ Edited by paulk205 on Jul 24, 2013 at 6:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone