LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

TE Cam Morrah is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously there is a reason to this. I don't know what Morrah's strength as a player are but he was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school which tells me he is a very good athlete. That aside they may be trying to gain some insight on Seattle's offense. But I'm sure they see potential in this guy as a possible (I said possible, not definitive) replacement to Delanie. But only John and Trent truly know.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
Obviously there is a reason to this. I don't know what Morrah's strength as a player are but he was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school which tells me he is a very good athlete. That aside they may be trying to gain some insight on Seattle's offense. But I'm sure they see potential in this guy as a possible (I said possible, not definitive) replacement to Delanie. But only John and Trent truly know.

He'll be on the bench tweeting about not getting any playing time and after we play Seattle he's going to visit their locker room and chop it up with his old chums.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Yeah Alex Boone didn't amount to nothing in this league

He was a high prospect coming out, but his off field issues took his stock down.

Did you honestly consider him as camp fodder? Not many of us did...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
has to make the team, first.

Morrah was dope at Cal, but a non-factor at Seattle. Perhaps it's the system

Celek > Morrah
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
He'll be on the bench tweeting about not getting any playing time and after we play Seattle he's going to visit their locker room and chop it up with his old chums.

This is what I expect if he even makes the roster. I see Vernon, Celek and Toilolo or Kelce as this year's tight ends. Kelce I'm sure they'd happily take but Harbaugh was very high on Toilolo @ Stanford, started him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWuxSOUMTgU
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Funny we sign scrubs from the rams and seahawks yet we don't get anyone from the cardinals lol

Once we lose to them we will, book it.

Chilo Rachal & Adam Snyder, come on hoooooooome!!!!
Well, Davis is obviously starting and whomever we draft will be penciled in at the #2 spot. This is a competition between Morrah and Celek for the #3 TE. Not a bad idea, IMO. Competition at every spot, except QB1.

This is what we do... we cover our bases, so that we don't feel pressured into positional need vs BPA. I can still see us selecting an early TE in the draft, if the right target falls our way.
Camp fodder
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This is what we do... we cover our bases, so that we don't feel pressured into positional need vs BPA. I can still see us selecting an early TE in the draft, if the right target falls our way.

Yep. I think it's impossible to see which way Baalke will go in the draft. Maybe he doesn't know. But he won't be limited by any "hole" to fill. Even the free safety starter could be covered by someone already on the roster. For instance, if Baalke feels that a great slot corner has fallen to them, perhaps selecting a free safety become a non-issue. Or perhaps they sell the farm to trade up or trade out. The only thing this might mean is that the Niners have even less reason to use all or even most of their selections (outside of trading them).
I wanted the 9ers to draft this guy years back ..he had a lot of talent an is a sleeper to possibly make this roster..he's big an very athletic almost like a big reciever ..could be a potential red zone target.
Share 49ersWebzone