LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 339 users in the forums

Eric Branch: G Mike Iuputi "Next In Line" For A Contract Extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Eric Branch: G Mike Iuputi "Next In Line" For A Contract Extension

Mikes next. Crabtree will be here until his contract is up 2 more years, and when it's up were going to tag him, the cap should increase during those two years so we should be able to do that. I see colin getting something like what Aaron Rodgers got his first resign which was like 66 million, his third though if he keeps improving will be a record breaker. Also I see justin smith back cause lets be honest were not going to find another cowboy. Gore might retire if he get's the ring and he's got every right too he's taken a pound and deserves to go out on top. Manham i doubt returns, boldin that one year is about all were getting, not going to pay him 6 million again. Goodwin's last year for sure, solid player but not worth keeping at a high price at his age, need to see if the future is on the team. Carlos needs a return to the season he got the big deal cause he's going to be gone that cap number is to high, hopefully ass will push him to play back to form. Whitner last year, he's the leader and a great guy and lines everyone up and great in the box but dude gets burned all day every day even. Also VD needs a pay cut or we should actually start using him during the regular season cause were only getting our moneys worth during the playoffs!
I voted Iupati, mainly because Smith and Kap can't be extended yet.

I think that he gets his before the end of the season, hopefully before the pre-season.

We should have a lot of room coming up, I see several veterans who I can't see playing much longer and who take quite a lot of cap room, Goodwin, Whitner, Rogers to name a few. Most of these veterans were signed to fill a gap whilst the FO drafted their replacements and groomed younger and cheaper replacements so I do expect us to find a lot of room over the next few off seasons.

Crabtree is the only one I think might go, and it is all down to him tbh, if he wants to get paid he'll be gone, if he is willing to take a little less I think they will work something out
Iupati is next in line. Kaep is a no brainier, just back up the Brinks Truck to the back of the Stadium. I don't want to see what happened to Charles Haley play out with Aldon Smith. As far as Crabtree is concerned, if he wants more money, bye bye. Kaep will be like Brady and Manning, he'll make the receiver.
Next up Iupati - that's a no-brainer.

Resigning Crabbs, IMO, will be a real hassel.
It all starts in the trenches....Get it done!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Iupati, Kaep ans Aldon are no brainer re-signs. Crabs we will need to stick to our guns. Although he is a good WR, we won't pay him elite money.

If Crabs comes out the next 2 years and has 1500 yds and 12 TD's each year - that makes him elite, and he'll have earned elite money. I agree that the 49ers most likely won't pay top 3 WR money.
[ Edited by Beeker on Apr 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
got hammered for saying they let aldon go a while back

49ers cant afford everyone, and that will be the case if Iupati is made the highest paid guard
Originally posted by ads_2006:

49ers cant afford everyone, and that will be the case if Iupati is made the highest paid guard

They'll let Crabtree walk before Aldon.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Iupati, Kaep ans Aldon are no brainer re-signs. Crabs we will need to stick to our guns. Although he is a good WR, we won't pay him elite money.

If Crabs comes out the next 2 years and has 1500 yds and 12 TD's each year - that makes him elite, and he'll have earned elite money. I agree that the 49ers most likely won't pay top 3 WR money.
if crabs does that I would s**t a elephant. That would be amazing, but again will atleast tag him if we can't get a deal in place. I'm sure he's going to want big money if he has season like that he will be looking for calvin johnson money, but thankfully we can atleast tag him and keep him another year.

They will sign aldon before crabtree, 3 guys already locked up at Lb they will want to keep this group togather for sure.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 11, 2013 at 3:08 PM ]
Is it safe to say that Iupati is our best offensive lineman?

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

yes. I'd say it's Mike, AD, Boone, Staley and than goodwin.

If you want to know why staley is that low on the list.... Watch any game vs clay mathews, Jarrad Allen or any other passrusher, Staley just gets owned.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:

They'd let every player other than Kaep walk before Aldon. An elite pass rusher is the second most important role after franchise qb,

Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Staley is definitely our best O-lineman
[ Edited by Disp on Apr 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM ]

our defense as a whole regressed without Justin Smith, especially aldon, imo baalke will remember that when aldon contract is up

our defense as a whole regressed without Justin Smith, especially aldon, imo baalke will remember that when aldon contract is up

Aldon was playing through a torn labrum in his shoulder as well. 2013 will set his price.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:41 PM ]

Will he also remember that Reggie White played with great talent early in his career, yet when that talent left he was still elite? Will he remember that Aldon surpassed Reggie White's sack numbers in his first two seasons?
Share 49ersWebzone