There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Guess the 49ers players that will be on NFL Networks Top 100 players from last season

My reasoning for this : we had seven players last year (the most in the league), we showed this year we were for real so my guess is we put even more players, i say 9>=
Than i thought veterans are more likely to have votes
Than i thought quality within the team as perceived outside (eg gore > vernon so i put frank ahead)
Than i tried to put one player by dozens
And so here is what came out :

#10> Willis : it's like ray lewis, even when he doesn't produced as much he still is the best at his position
#20> Smith J : he wasn't advertise much this season but his injury showed how important he is to our D
#30> Gore : frank the tank is respected throughout the entire league and he is indeed durable
#40> Davis V : he is so dominant in the playoffs nobody can miss him in the vote column and he was a #40+ the last two years
#50> Bowman : he played even better than last year (and personaly i think better than the master himself, B-52) so he should go way up in the rankings
#60> Staley : another probowl season at one of the most important position in football (= being the bodyguard of the QB) should be enough to maintain and maybe ameliorate his ranking
#70> Smith A : almost broke the sack record thx to the bears but needed the other smith to produce so the last quarter of the season will make him drop from a sure #20 spot otherwise
#80> Goldson : the hawk's hits still resonate in every player he crushed, and that is a lot of them
#90> Iupati : everybody talked about the big man's play, the mauler
OUT or #90+ Crabtree : his best season so far could help him crack the top100 for first time
OUT or #90+ Kaepernick : played only half a season (but what an half it was !) so i guess not enough defensive players had to plan against him
OUT or #90+ Davis A : my perception is that he's not well liked among peers and not perceived as dominant enough
Originally posted by robniner:
This + 3

Well, I for one think it's cool as hell when they talk about how great our players are on national TV.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Dont care NFL network cant judge s**t correctly anyways.

This

This.

This + 3

it's a players vote, so
[ Edited by xtm059 on Apr 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 49Fever:
My reasoning for this : we had seven players last year (the most in the league), we showed this year we were for real so my guess is we put even more players, i say 9>=
Than i thought veterans are more likely to have votes
Than i thought quality within the team as perceived outside (eg gore > vernon so i put frank ahead)
Than i tried to put one player by dozens
And so here is what came out :

#10> Willis : it's like ray lewis, even when he doesn't produced as much he still is the best at his position
#20> Smith J : he wasn't advertise much this season but his injury showed how important he is to our D
#30> Gore : frank the tank is respected throughout the entire league and he is indeed durable
#40> Davis V : he is so dominant in the playoffs nobody can miss him in the vote column and he was a #40+ the last two years
#50> Bowman : he played even better than last year (and personaly i think better than the master himself, B-52) so he should go way up in the rankings
#60> Staley : another probowl season at one of the most important position in football (= being the bodyguard of the QB) should be enough to maintain and maybe ameliorate his ranking
#70> Smith A : almost broke the sack record thx to the bears but needed the other smith to produce so the last quarter of the season will make him drop from a sure #20 spot otherwise
#80> Goldson : the hawk's hits still resonate in every player he crushed, and that is a lot of them
#90> Iupati : everybody talked about the big man's play, the mauler
OUT or #90+ Crabtree : his best season so far could help him crack the top100 for first time
OUT or #90+ Kaepernick : played only half a season (but what an half it was !) so i guess not enough defensive players had to plan against him
OUT or #90+ Davis A : my perception is that he's not well liked among peers and not perceived as dominant enough

Not that bad i'll say 1/1 so far