There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anthony Davis signs five-year contract extension

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,826
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Crabtree or Iupati next...

Hopefully Iupati. Crabtree can kick rocks. He has never wanted to be a Niner.


Yeah, I think they'll let Crabtree walk. They can't sign everyone.
I read an article how much he improved under Harbaugh. I wanted to scream at the writer for saying it was not the coaching technique, it was the coaches and GM parting ways immediately with Chilo Rachal. Insert Alex Boone, a competetent guard and Davis is at a pro bowl level.

Great job Baalke et al
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,826
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM ]
FO is "takin' care of business". I'm so confident in those guys.

This is a great organization from top down.

Iupati next up in the batter's box.

Crabs w/his agent Parker, IMO will be VERY, VERY tough.
Originally posted by Mann716:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Remember when so many of us thought Anthony Davis was a bust?

Lack of patience by many. We knew he was raw and only 20 years old coming out of college yet people couldnt give him more than 1 year. I will admit though at one point I thought we should at least consider moving him to RG. I think he would make an all pro guard as well though. So I think that even those that would say he was no where near a bust thought that maybe he wouldn't make it at RT.

Sounds like the same lack in patience people has with Jenkins.

Thank you for bringing that up. People need to relax and let things play out. We are blessed to have the coaching staff and front office that we do. Let them do their damn job! Lol.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This front office is simply killing it this offseason and we still have the draft upon us. We now have both LT and RT shored up for years. I think I'm going to have to beat off at some point today

Lol perfect for my bart commute
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,855
7 million+ per year is a significant salary cap number. We probably had to pay it, but I do wonder about being able to pay Iupati. Davis and Iupati were drafted in the same year, so if Iupati is not signed this offseason, that is not a good sign.

Also, I value Crabtree over Iupati. We are morphing into more of a passing offense, and I don't think we want to lose Kap's favorite target. Hopefully some of our WR improve (especially Jenkins) so that we have other options if Crabtree decides to play hardball again.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This front office is simply killing it this offseason and we still have the draft upon us. We now have both LT and RT shored up for years. I think I'm going to have to beat off at some point today



Originally posted by fryet:
7 million+ per year is a significant salary cap number. We probably had to pay it, but I do wonder about being able to pay Iupati. Davis and Iupati were drafted in the same year, so if Iupati is not signed this offseason, that is not a good sign.

Also, I value Crabtree over Iupati. We are morphing into more of a passing offense, and I don't think we want to lose Kap's favorite target. Hopefully some of our WR improve (especially Jenkins) so that we have other options if Crabtree decides to play hardball again.

It's better to sign one of them NOW than deal with both of them during the same free agent off-season.
KICK A$$!
nice way to lock up our franchise right tackle, well done!
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,109
Front office has a lot of tough decisions to make. Half the team if not more are pro bowlers. Kaep and Crabs are on the cusp for probowl (lot of NFC talent at their positions) We need Goodell to increase the cap number by $50M so we can retain all these guys. Goldson was already shown the door and Kaep's contract if he keeps it up will be trending toward $15-$20 mil per year.
Originally posted by nj9er:
Front office has a lot of tough decisions to make. Half the team if not more are pro bowlers. Kaep and Crabs are on the cusp for probowl (lot of NFC talent at their positions) We need Goodell to increase the cap number by $50M so we can retain all these guys. Goldson was already shown the door and Kaep's contract if he keeps it up will be trending toward $15-$20 mil per year.

Increasing the cap won't help us keep them. It'll just increase their market value. The cap would be raised for the 31 other teams that would love to have him too. Goodell won't do us a solid and just raise it for us.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Crabtree or Iupati next...

Hopefully Iupati. Crabtree can kick rocks. He has never wanted to be a Niner.


Yeah, I think they'll let Crabtree walk. They can't sign everyone.

crabs will probably not negotiate till after the season, he wants to put up crazy numbers so he can get mike wallace money, just the way he is i think. look at his holdout rookie year.