LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Anthony Davis signs five-year contract extension

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I hate not having contract information. It's the weekend, and probably wont have any info until Monday, maybe late sunday night with base salaries. My guess is a $7.5M signing bonus, and someone redid there deal to fit the $1.5M proration into 2013, maybe Justin did a quiet extension, or Vernon reduced his over $6 million base salary.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes and no. Its easy to find a capable guard. Its hard to find a guard on the level of Iupati. IMO i would probably resign Iupati over crabtree. It is simply more important to keep the chemistry and core of the offensive line together long term for stability and chemistry than it is to resign a wr. If he was top 5, or even top ten WR, than maybe,but as of right now he is barely scratching top 15 WR's. The thing that will ensure long term success for this team is making sure we stay strong in the trenches. Right now we have a very strong arguement for the #1 offensive line in the league. I would personally like to keep it that way for the next decade.

totally agree, Iupati is very important to resign, now that we have an excellent QB, he can make average receivers look good. Finding an equally capable guard will be much harder. Iupati is a pro bowler, crabs not yet. Crabs will probably leave for more money anyways. Iupati has awesome attitude too.
[ Edited by thenovemberrain on Apr 6, 2013 at 10:22 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
i think crabs is the low man on my totem pole of people to resign. nothing against him but ck is the cornerstone, he can make alot of people look good and since the offensive line is the key to everything you put priority on that

YES!
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Yes and no. Its easy to find a capable guard. Its hard to find a guard on the level of Iupati. IMO i would probably resign Iupati over crabtree. It is simply more important to keep the chemistry and core of the offensive line together long term for stability and chemistry than it is to resign a wr. If he was top 5, or even top ten WR, than maybe,but as of right now he is barely scratching top 15 WR's. The thing that will ensure long term success for this team is making sure we stay strong in the trenches. Right now we have a very strong arguement for the #1 offensive line in the league. I would personally like to keep it that way for the next decade.

totally agree, Iupati is very important to resign, now that we have an excellent QB, he can make average receivers look good. Finding an equally capable guard will be much harder. Iupati is a pro bowler, crabs not yet. Crabs will probably leave for more money anyways. Iupati has awesome attitude too.

i agree the line is th emost important but since kaep has been starting Crabs is one of the top receivers. his numbers with kaep are off the hook
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I hate not having contract information. It's the weekend, and probably wont have any info until Monday, maybe late sunday night with base salaries. My guess is a $7.5M signing bonus, and someone redid there deal to fit the $1.5M proration into 2013, maybe Justin did a quiet extension, or Vernon reduced his over $6 million base salary.

Oh snap. Thanks for work AB!
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Oh snap. Thanks for work AB!

I know I can have myself notified if I am quoted in a thread, anyway I can be notified when AB posts in one? Hate missing out on his view and understanding of the cap, and if I miss something, I tend to look the fool later on. Not thats a difficult thing for me mind you.
Yess Yess!! yall saw his tweet about his old coach? Follow me on twitter mike_james21 for all you 49erFaithhful!!!!!

lol AB they are to busy working on Mike's Deal. I think they will look to extend justin two or three more years and reduce the cap number. Didn't davis already reduce last season?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/10/davis-deal-has-millions-tied-to-weight-limits/

Last week, 49ers right tackle Anthony Davissigned a five-year, $37.295 million extension. Moving forward, he could lose some of that money each year, if he fails to keep his body weight at an appropriate level.

Per Maiocco, the salary can drop by $1.25 million per year in each of the final five years of the contract, which currently runs through 2019. The weight target for Davis isn't known.

-------------------

It just seems like our FO is always a step ahead now! Love it.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM ]
rosenhaus just gives great deals........i don't get it, he must go for quantity over quality...players keep him still so i guess its working

he certainly makes more team friendly deals than other agents

Originally posted by xtm059:
peter king is a stupid, bloated sack of s**t that doesn't know football from starbucks

Pretty sure he knows a weee bit more than you or me pal.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Why Baalke, Paraag and Harbaugh are awesome.

I almost feel embarrassed for the second best GM in the league. Baalke is running away from the pack like Secretariat at the Belmont Stakes.

My best friends are Jets, Giants and Eagles fans ( I live in NJ ) so I get an outsiders scoop on our team. Even they were shocked with how our FO has turned around the ship in just a couple years and applauded the solid moves like Davis extension. Our FO is top 5 in the league... ( cant go higher until we put that SB cherry on top ).
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Originally posted by xtm059:
peter king is a stupid, bloated sack of s**t that doesn't know football from starbucks

Pretty sure he knows a weee bit more than you or me pal.

The only thing he knows that we dont is whether Tom Brady has a landing strip or is clean shaved. Seriously though, he's just a journalist. Yes he talks to NFL insiders allot but Im guessing anyone that played for a legit highschool team or played college ball would destroy King in terms of football knowledge. He's not smart in football terms and gets most things wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone