There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best 49ers draft pick in the last 20 years?

Jerry Rice!! Duh!! GOAT
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Chico:
TO was a game breaker and made game winning/game changing plays
Frank is great, and is a 49er HOF but he seems to run out of gas after 20 yards. He has a burst but no long distant speed.
Love Frank but i have to go with TO

...let the roast begin

No, that's bonkers. Frank finds space where no one else can. He gets 20 where other backs get 3. Frank put up numbers on really terrible teams. TO played with HoFers. TO was helpful before he went insane but Frank is the best pick.

TO played with HoFers his first few years, but thats it.
gore never thought he was bigger than the game or the coaches.

TO didnt either......not until he was on a different team at least. And personally, I couldnt care less what he did when he was no longer a Niner.
Originally posted by JoseVilla84:
Jerry Rice!! Duh!! GOAT

Drafted in 1985. Duh.
Originally posted by TheStick45:
Clear examples of people letting their emotions and TO's recent history cloud their memories of what TO was for us. TO is a Hall of Fame player, and the majority of his accolades and achievements were from when he was a 49er. As much as you two want to believe that TO was a headache or a problem for us, he wasnt. At all.

IMO, the answer to the original question would either be Frank Gore or Terrell Owens. When you get Hall of Fame players in the third round, thats pretty special. As good as Willis is, he was picked high and expected to be great. Gore and Owens werent. They are the easy answer.

Emotions? The facts are TO was great but was also pretty good for the Eagles and Cowboys. TO was only with us for 8 years. In many of those years he was great but the second half of his career, the post 9er years were also pretty good. If you see my list I had TO in the top 4 and #2 if you based it on just with the 9ers.

I'm not sure Frank makes the HOF, but will see. I think he definitely makes the 9er HOF, NFL HOF is doubtful unless he has like 3-4 more really strong years which is doubtful since he is turning 30 this season.
Andy Lee late round N probably tha best punter in tha NFL ...
Third round has been a good round for the Niners historically.

Montana
TO
Gore

Montana is past the 20 year window..so that leaves TO.
Gore and its not close. dude was a beast on some historically s**tty teams, the whole world knew he would get the ball and he still balled out.
TO >> Gore.

TO was a dominant superstar type player....a game breaker.

Gore is a solid workhorse who always lacked the top-end gear to take it to the house.
TO
BY
Gore
Willis
Kaep
Bowman

All tremendous draft picks. Listed in no particular order.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by ayetee:
Since 1992? Gore wins hands down. All time? Joe at end of third round.

I think if we look at both the good AND the bad, TO would not have a chance.

T.O. is a hall-of-fame WR, why wouldnt he have a chance?
I'll believe it AFTER they send him to Canton.
Originally posted by krizay:
T.O. is right behind Jerry in ALOT of categories. We consider Jerry the GOAT. So if T.O. can put up arguably the 2nd best numbers. How can it not be T.O.? As good as everyone else mentioned has been. To this point they dont have T.O.'s resume.

T.O. is not a TEAM player in a team sport.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Chico:
TO was a game breaker and made game winning/game changing plays
Frank is great, and is a 49er HOF but he seems to run out of gas after 20 yards. He has a burst but no long distant speed.
Love Frank but i have to go with TO

...let the roast begin

No, that's bonkers. Frank finds space where no one else can. He gets 20 where other backs get 3. Frank put up numbers on really terrible teams. TO played with HoFers. TO was helpful before he went insane but Frank is the best pick.

TO played with HoFers his first few years, but thats it.
gore never thought he was bigger than the game or the coaches.

...and T.O. thought he was God's gift to the Niners.
who will have had the best career by the time they're done playing.

Willis and Kaepernick hands down. 2 most important draft picks and it's not even close
Originally posted by capone0:
Originally posted by TheStick45:
Clear examples of people letting their emotions and TO's recent history cloud their memories of what TO was for us. TO is a Hall of Fame player, and the majority of his accolades and achievements were from when he was a 49er. As much as you two want to believe that TO was a headache or a problem for us, he wasnt. At all.

IMO, the answer to the original question would either be Frank Gore or Terrell Owens. When you get Hall of Fame players in the third round, thats pretty special. As good as Willis is, he was picked high and expected to be great. Gore and Owens werent. They are the easy answer.

Emotions? The facts are TO was great but was also pretty good for the Eagles and Cowboys. TO was only with us for 8 years. In many of those years he was great but the second half of his career, the post 9er years were also pretty good. If you see my list I had TO in the top 4 and #2 if you based it on just with the 9ers.

I'm not sure Frank makes the HOF, but will see. I think he definitely makes the 9er HOF, NFL HOF is doubtful unless he has like 3-4 more really strong years which is doubtful since he is turning 30 this season.

Fair point regarding Gore as not a Hall of Fame lock.

As far as TO goes, you can say that he was only with us for 8 years, post Niner years were great too, etc. But the fact of the matter is, the large majority of TO's accolades came as a 49er. He was a 6 time Pro Bowler......4 of those were with the Niners. He was a 5 time All Pro.....3 of those were with the Niners. I know I am sort of arguing with someone who for the most part agrees with me....I just dont see the reason you drop him to #4 because he left and played for other teams.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by krizay:
T.O. is right behind Jerry in ALOT of categories. We consider Jerry the GOAT. So if T.O. can put up arguably the 2nd best numbers. How can it not be T.O.? As good as everyone else mentioned has been. To this point they dont have T.O.'s resume.

T.O. is not a TEAM player in a team sport.

Stop posting utter nonsense please.