LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I saw Colt's highlights and he has a bunch of good traits. He is pretty accurate with a pretty decent arm. I was impressed with his quick arm and sort of reminds me of Tolzien passing. By that I mean he sees situations and gets the ball out very quickly. He doesn't have the bad habit of getting the ball out 1 or 2 seconds late. I don't think our front office was just spitting on Carroll's bandwagon. Colt could be very good with our coaches and this team, especially our OL.
Originally posted by prometheus:
I saw Colt's highlights and he has a bunch of good traits. He is pretty accurate with a pretty decent arm. I was impressed with his quick arm and sort of reminds me of Tolzien passing. By that I mean he sees situations and gets the ball out very quickly. He doesn't have the bad habit of getting the ball out 1 or 2 seconds late. I don't think our front office was just spitting on Carroll's bandwagon. Colt could be very good with our coaches and this team, especially our OL.

I really like this kid too, he looked amazing in college very very accurate passer and could make plays if it broke down with his legs. I thought he was doing good for the browns until he got injured, guess they just never really like the kid because you draft a 30 year old to replace him in the first kind of says it all i guess!
You see how well it worked out drafting and starting Weeden. Browns going nowhere.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
You see how well it worked out drafting and starting Weeden. Browns going nowhere.

Yeah, and he has to fight Jason Campbell for his job now
He has a pretty damn good arm actually. I am surprised we got him so cheap. Looking at his highlights he could easily be starting on most teams in need of a QB. Hopefully we never have to see him play as a 49er and Kap is the only one starting but I do like the looks of him.
Originally posted by BayArea:
He has a pretty damn good arm actually. I am surprised we got him so cheap. Looking at his highlights he could easily be starting on most teams in need of a QB. Hopefully we never have to see him play as a 49er and Kap is the only one starting but I do like the looks of him.

I like to see Colt McCoy comes in for mop-up duties often. The more the better.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by BayArea:

I like to see Colt McCoy comes in for mop-up duties often. The more the better.

Under those circumstances I agree just not with an injury to Kap is all I meant.
Bay Area you need look no further than RG3 to see what happens when your qb is your leading rusher. While healthy, it works great. Then the ACL, MCL, PCL, menisci...all or one or more go and what do you have? Right. A dam mess. And that is exactly what kept Shanahan awake at nites after the injury. Any 9er fan who sees kap do all those wonderful things with his legs...if they have half a brain...are worrying about Kap getting hurt. Honestly, I believe after Kaps phenomenal success in Bears game, and then the SEA game where their HC knew how to stop the read option....I believe about that time JH had a change of heart and wanted more than anything for kap to become a pocket passer, who may on occasion run....and out of bounds at that...I believe the RG3 thing really shook up Coach H, as well it should. Still, we all know that if Kap gets a lane or an outside look he is going to book it.And that is about when you look at your bench and hope the qB sitting there can come in and run the O...maybe not quite as well, but he can do a good imitation of Kap.

I like to see kap run...heck i love to see him run. But JH has gotten thru to him to run out of bounds, no head first slides, etc. With luck , Kap makes it thru the yr ok. The more running he does the more risk. Having a guy like colt mcCoy ready to back him up, means if kap goes down our season isn't over. With colt, I think that would be the case. With Tolz, a more pure pocket passer, I am not so sure. Hence, welcome Colt, we hope we don't need you, but if so, take the reins and show us what you can do.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Bay Area you need look no further than RG3 to see what happens when your qb is your leading rusher. While healthy, it works great. Then the ACL, MCL, PCL, menisci...all or one or more go and what do you have? Right. A dam mess. And that is exactly what kept Shanahan awake at nites after the injury. Any 9er fan who sees kap do all those wonderful things with his legs...if they have half a brain...are worrying about Kap getting hurt. Honestly, I believe after Kaps phenomenal success in Bears game, and then the SEA game where their HC knew how to stop the read option....I believe about that time JH had a change of heart and wanted more than anything for kap to become a pocket passer, who may on occasion run....and out of bounds at that...I believe the RG3 thing really shook up Coach H, as well it should. Still, we all know that if Kap gets a lane or an outside look he is going to book it.And that is about when you look at your bench and hope the qB sitting there can come in and run the O...maybe not quite as well, but he can do a good imitation of Kap.

I like to see kap run...heck i love to see him run. But JH has gotten thru to him to run out of bounds, no head first slides, etc. With luck , Kap makes it thru the yr ok. The more running he does the more risk. Having a guy like colt mcCoy ready to back him up, means if kap goes down our season isn't over. With colt, I think that would be the case. With Tolz, a more pure pocket passer, I am not so sure. Hence, welcome Colt, we hope we don't need you, but if so, take the reins and show us what you can do.

I look at Kap and see him run as a last ditch effort. He wants to go to the air first and only resorts to running as an emergency. We saw them run less read option plays and more shotgun deep pass plays with Kap picking up a few on the ground only when he had nowhere else to go. Like you said Harbaugh doesn't want his QB out there open to getting his ass blown up like RG3 did... several times.

For some odd reason RG3 wants to risk everything for a yard and pays for it just like he did in college. Why his coach hasn't addressed this I don't know. A yard isn't worth the entire season and thankfully our QB gets that I think.

What I like is that Kap is smart he knows when to go for it and when to play it safe in order to play another day. He also has that trait all elite QBs have. He is a leader and a clutch QB.

Kap will stay healthy I believe. Under Harbs he is becoming a great pocket passer and a smart QB with an excellent deep arm. Harbaugh was a very good QB in his day and is molding the blank slate that is CK7 into a very capable QB. I am excited to see how far he can take it. Colt behind him is our cheap new Alex Smith who if he was starting I am sure Harbaugh could save his career as well.
Originally posted by redrathman:
McCoy had nine career punts in college.

Therefore, he's replacing Andy Lee.

Coach, it came down like a punt, literally

Can we call him Shady?
Colt .49 aka Captain Clipboard
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Can we call him Shady?

Why, does he not tip?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Can we call him Shady?

Why, does he not tip?

I heard he always gives more than just the tip
I don't know that he is any better than Tolzien but we will see.
Share 49ersWebzone