There are 142 users in the forums

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope this is just an elaborate april fools joke that everyones in on. trading picks for a backup qb with a 2+ mill salary and one year left on his deal is stupid. they wont get a compensatory pick for him when he leaves because he wont start so this move makes absolutely no sense. its basically like trading a 5th for a 6th and drafting a 7th round qb who makes 2 mil.

Have fun with that 7th round rookie potentially having to start if needed. And could you please compile me a list of all those 7th round Qb's who are better than Colt McCoy? Some people in here. God.

Not having a capable backup is suicide. Colt McCoy will be a perfect #2 for our team. And he is getting paid $1.5m for the record.

you should read the article again, its 2+ mil. i dont think its terrible but were looking forward at tough times trying to keep our guys, we should of just left tolzien at 2 and drafted a rookie. we have to cut salary any place we can and this wasted picks on top of that

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by danimal:
best qb name EVER

We just need a Hatfield and we are all set.

No, then they will never get along.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by robniner:
best qb name EVER

We just need a Hatfield and we are all set.

No, then they will never get along.

Divided lockerroom.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Interesting change up from Kaep. He's played West Coast and knows how to win games. Can't help but think he will be used as trade bait at some point but the FO know their stuff now. The time for second or third guessing is over.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by VDSF:
San Francisco 49ers @49ers The #49ers have officially acquired QB @ColtMcCoy and a draft pick in a trade with the Cleveland Browns.

San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers #49ers GM Trent Baalke on @ColtMcCoy: "He is a young, competitive player who we are looking forward to working with."

good job
agree. good signing. draft a rookie in the 7th or get a undrafted free agent and let em duke it out.
We stole him

Tolzin won't beat out colt.
dont like him very much...but its still better than drafting a rookie with our 5th-rounder which was traded away along with the 7th
  • Jiks
Wasn't April Fools yesterday?
McCoy had nine career punts in college.

Therefore, he's replacing Andy Lee.
Has anyone else seen the Cleveland Browns show that NFL Network has been playing recently? He and our new K Phil Dawson are very close.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iLL49er:
We stole him

Tolzin won't beat out colt.

what will the zone do if colt does beat him out and scott gets cut? it will make the outrage voiced by the nate davis and korey sheet era very tame! i want what is best for the team but i would like to see that one. with no more walker i guess scotty is now the king of the favored sons here on the zone
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:
McCoy had nine career punts in college.

Therefore, he's replacing Andy Lee.
steve spurrier was a punter qb for us back in the day
best qb name EVER
uhh have you heard of Joe Montana?
I'm a Tolzien fan, but honestly haven't seen him much except in a little preseason last yr and also at SD in PS. Colt is the 4 yr starter from my alma mater, THE UNIVERSITY, and I have seen him play over 40 games. The guy is a winner, has quick reactions, a great head on his shoulders, and I think will end up beating out Tolz. I also think AZ, Buf, Jax, Eagles, Raiders, and esp. Cleveland blew it by not signing him, or in Cleveland's place, starting him. His play in Cleveland was under a not so hot Qb coach, and in PS we will get to see what the real McCoy looks like. My bet is you will like what you see.
If McCoy is our younger newer Alex Smith, the 49ers basically traded a 7th round pick for a 2nd round pick this year, a 2nd or 3rd next year and something like $8M less against the salary cap. Pick #227 brought in all that essentially.
Share 49ersWebzone