LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The biggest question now left is... how is the country boy qb gonna handle the big bad city
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 13s Colt McCoy, No. 12 with the #Browns (and Texas), will need a new number. No. 8 and No. 16 aren't available either. #brodie #49ers

he should pick #11

lol.

Dilfer wore #12

Dilfer was friends with Brodie and he contacted the 49ers saying he wanted him to wear it.

hey comon now, McCoy im sure has that southern Texas charm
i bet it was Tampa Bay

I think it may have been Seattle.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
The biggest question now left is... how is the country boy qb gonna handle the big bad city

Santa Clara ain't exactly a big city. I can tell you from looking out my window. A lot of spread out office parks and tech companies on the east side, a lot of strip malls and boring suburbia on the other.
Seahawks fans I know have been yammering for weeks about how the Niners have no experienced backup behind Kaepernick like they had with Flynn. Now, they have no experienced backup behind Wilson and the Niners have a guy who has taken more snaps in NFL games than Flynn. I guess they'll shut up about that now.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Seahawks fans I know have been yammering for weeks about how the Niners have no experienced backup behind Kaepernick like they had with Flynn. Now, they have no experienced backup behind Wilson and the Niners have a guy who has taken more snaps in NFL games than Flynn. I guess they'll shut up about that now.

I'm still thinking they won't tho!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:

They'll still just bring up the game in December
Originally posted by slowriot:
I think it may have been Seattle.

I agree with this. With Flynn gone, they will need a backup. I would majorly f**king rage if they ended up drafting Matt Scott though.
Is this for reals or just an April fools joke
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Is this for reals or just an April fools joke

April fools joke

Colt will be a great back up, Tolzien vs McCoy should be interesting in preseason.
Colt McCoy is essentially Alex Smith redux with slightly less arm strength. He's mobile, he's smart, very hard worker, not a guy who will make a lot of turnovers, just needs to get some quality coaching. He was abused and mishandled as all hell in Cleveland. I can see him as the 49ers long-term backup QB, some have compared him to Ty Detmer and that's not far off at all.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Bohannamontana:
Colt will be a great back up, Tolzien vs McCoy should be interesting in preseason.

I don't think McCoy is a lock to make the roster. I like the pick-up as it will add competition, however I still expect a late round QB or UDFA to come and in compete with both McCoy and Tolzein.

If McCoy can't win the no.2 job, he'll probably be cut. $1.5m is cheap for a 2nd string player, but expensive for a number 3.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 13s Colt McCoy, No. 12 with the #Browns (and Texas), will need a new number. No. 8 and No. 16 aren't available either. #brodie #49ers

he should pick #11

lol.

Dilfer wore #12

Dilfer was friends with Brodie and he contacted the 49ers saying he wanted him to wear it.

You may drop your panties for him, but he ain't winning me over so quick.

he should pick #11

lol.

Dilfer wore #12

You may drop your panties for him, but he ain't winning me over so quick.

just wait till you meet his girl
Share 49ersWebzone