There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers.

methinksthatthiswasasolidpickup
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by niners94:
Next Alex Smith. Going to steal some picks in a couple of years.

First thing I thought when I saw this.

Harbs will coach him up, make look good and then cash him in. Kinda like what the eagles did with Kolb.

Actually no....unless thier is an extension. He's in the last year of his deal.

I guess it depends on how he does in TC then. If he beats out Tolzien maybe we give him an extension.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Good pick up.
Originally posted by lazy:
howtheheckdidyoutellwhatiwassaying?smileysdon'tseemtoworkformeeither?

just hit refresh and you'll see it correctly, including the smileys.
Terrific trade if the only things we lose are a seventh and nine slots at the end of fifth/start of sixth. I watched McCoy at Austin weekly for three years and he's capable of being a mobile QB with good accuracy but a lackluster arm.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Terrific trade if the only things we lose are a seventh and nine slots at the end of fifth/start of sixth. I watched McCoy at Austin weekly for three years and he's capable of being a mobile QB with good accuracy but a lackluster arm.

So you're saying he's Alex Smith 2.0.
If the 49ers can sign Nnamdi to a 2.5m to 3m deal. They could drop Carlos Rogers and Jonathan Goodwin on June 1st and have 8.5m to 9m for draft picks and maybe a new deal for Smith or Kaepernick.
I hate April Fools Day. Nice pickup, Baalke!
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM ]
Originally posted by WWFGD:
Good pick up.

I like it as well as he can manage a game which is what we need from our Backup QB. McCoy has been an awful(and that's putting it nicely) no win situation in his brief career in Cleveland. He'll by far have the best coaching he's ever had with Harbaugh and Chryst.
Oh yeah
[ Edited by CRABTREE on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:36 PM ]
Move him to safety?
I read multiple articles on the trade and most of the comments are of McCoy not getting a fair shot in Cleveland and that he has potential to be a good qb.

harbaugh... do yo thang
Has anyone posted his wife yet?

Originally posted by Schulzy:
Has anyone posted his wife yet?

Originally posted by 49erforlife:
So you're saying he's Alex Smith 2.0.

If he turns out to be the same Alex Smith we saw last year then I would surely welcome that as our second or third string QB.