There are 214 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shoulda

Woulda

Coulda

Nuff said
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

You're right! Lets just except the fact no one lost that game but us!!
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:
You're right! Lets just except the fact no one lost that game but us!!

Or, we could accept the fact that we lost the game and move on. 5-1 in Super Bowls is still pretty heady territory. Steelers, Cowboys, Niners... come on, that's pretty elite company our team is keeping. There are about 25 franchises in the NFL that wish they could get within shouting distance of a championship record like that. And, I've got a feeling the Niners will be back a few times in the next five or six years. This off season has lined up so perfectly for the Niners with such a defense-rich draft class that I'm pretty amazed at the good fortune for the team. Right when they need it, the draft just lines itself up perfectly.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
if you want to play the game you gotta catch the ball luv. all year long our team was touted as the bullies of the nfl. well the ravens were the ones who punched us in the mouth and our reaction or the coaches reaction at the end, was to crawl into a fetal position

If you guys won't leave it alone, I won't either. Let me remind you that every time a Niner punched someone in the mouth like that last season, it was 15 yards and an extended drive. The game is over. The Niners lost. Let's move on. But please stop pretending it wasn't a horribly ref'd game and that that didn't have something to do with the outcome. It had a LOT to do with the outcome.
Originally posted by bigwads:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

The play calling lost the game...that was the worst four down segment I have ever seen.

You know after all this time. I have to say it wasnt the playcalling. It was just execution. in that final series there was one in particular where kaep either didnt see, or went to the wrong WR. Also heard the same thing when NFL network went over the final plays.

A bad thing, nah, just what was.

But i mean it wasnt the playcalling because if you havent realized it by now, Harbs does what Harbs does. And it wasnt completely idiotic to see that he wanted the ball in Kaeps hands in the final moments. Or surprising that Kaep threw that last pass to Crabs. I mean had kaep converted that play can you imagine the headlines, Harbs was a genius for decision. Kaep willed us to victory etc. Would of been the perfect storybook ending and Crabs would of caught the winning pass.

But it didnt happen. Hopefully Crabs can produce even more next year. I am hoping that some of Boldin's ability to take and absorb hits and go across the middle constantly, maybe Crabs will pick up. I think with Crabs stature that he should be able to take a hit like TO took on that winning catch when Young threw him the winning pass. Not soft by any means, but I do think Boldin can just absorb hits and keep moving a little better. Excited to see what both can do this year, and what he can learn from the seasoned vet....

Go Niners
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Mar 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Whats getting me about this thread is its turned into a refs screwed the niners discussion when it should be a why the f**k was crabtree in for the final drive if he lost his vision thread? If crabtree could barely see Crabtree actually could have very well cost us the super bowl.

i said four pages ago if he was suffering he should have taken himself out of the game. now of course we had no decent wide out to put in the game but if it was that bad and if we are really worried about player safety, then he should have removed himself. of course on first and goal from the 7 with the best run game and best run blocking offensive line in the game we really did not need a wide out did we?
i said four pages ago if he was suffering he should have taken himself out of the game. now of course we had no decent wide out to put in the game but if it was that bad and if we are really worried about player safety, then he should have removed himself. of course on first and goal from the 7 with the best run game and best run blocking offensive line in the game we really did not need a wide out did we?

We could have put in Moss hell we could have thrown Jenkins or Ginn into the mix its doubtful the ball goes there way, but im gunna guess Crabtree did the Alex Smith thing and didnt report it until after the series was up only without the score this time.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
How is he crying about it? You paint such a negative picture on a situation you have no clue of the context. Like I said before, we don't even know if the hit in question is what he was referring to. Maybe you should start questioning why you find yourself in the minority so often?

some people enjoy being contrarians
some people just have a different opinion on things. i know that may be illegal or unlawfull here but it is allowed i think

you take it to the extreme, some things i agree with you on but you go overboard. just feels like you purposely disagree with everyone to draw reactions, i might be wrong
i do not say s**t just to get people riled up, i just have a different opinion,, here is my deal on this and then i am done with this. i think there are some on this thread who do not give two s**ts about the safety of crabtree . they saw this thread and used it as an excuse to continue to advance and re energize the refs screwed us out of the super bowl theory. when i see that stuff, i will respond because i think its nonsense. people take issue, i get sarcastic, i get called a non fan. then we all sleep on it and go back to looking ahead
Originally posted by GNielsen:
If you guys won't leave it alone, I won't either. Let me remind you that every time a Niner punched someone in the mouth like that last season, it was 15 yards and an extended drive. The game is over. The Niners lost. Let's move on. But please stop pretending it wasn't a horribly ref'd game and that that didn't have something to do with the outcome. It had a LOT to do with the outcome.

Agreed. It's not like saying the game was poorly reffed means that we didn't do ourselves any favors. Poorly reffed game and the last 2 minutes of that game must be the most poorly reffed game I have ever seen.

please god almighty

STOP

Its like a savage car accident. I don't want to watch and can't handle this, but i can't look away.

Can you stop turning EVERY gd post about anything to do with the officiating in that game into a debate over whether one has the right to feel cheated or not.

Nobody made ANY excuse in this thread before this quoted post from you. None, not a one.

He lost his vision for a short time was the statement.

Worst officiating ever with a clip of a blatant foul in front a ref was a comment (which was a factual statement imo)...still no excuses.

Me thinks you are faaaaar too eager to play the bad guy to fellow Niners fans, the majority of which do feel a bit cheated in that game. Leave over, we know your opinion, you don't have to beat your chest and shout it out as controversially as you can each time anything remotely related is posted.

Edit: oh and btw lets play some poker, except at some point during the hand I am going to start using 3's as aces, but not tell you, yet I am still going to take the money wagered each time I win the hand doing so. I mean that's fair right?
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

We could have put in Moss hell we could have thrown Jenkins or Ginn into the mix its doubtful the ball goes there way, but im gunna guess Crabtree did the Alex Smith thing and didnt report it until after the series was up only without the score this time.
if he can not see then i do not want him on the field. the way aldon smith "played" he should have removed himself to now that we know he was hurt. he certainly was not a factor in the game
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
especially when theres so much proof, lol

you can find these types under bridges
yes we cherry pick a few photos. how about you cherry picking all of the mistakes we made( oh i forgot any mistake we made were caused by the refs) and make a nice little photo frame of those things. of course we can not do that because that would throw cold water on the refs were against us all game long theory we can not have that now can we? god forbid you go against the majority here, it is nice to know that the "do not like the message kill the messenger" theory is alive and well on the webzone. i was confused about who i am but now i see i am a troll because i disagree with the majority view and will not baby crabtree. thank you for clearing that stuff up guys

Cherry pick, there are a lot more photos videos....lets see what you can pull together to have what you are saying can hold up ?
cuz i do not know how. i only have a flip phone
I don't like the whole..."Yes, the police abused their power, but you shouldn't have been out late at night" mentality I'm seeing here.

Fact: 9ers did not bring their A game
Fact: The refs missed MANY key calls that went against the 9ers.

No one is blaming the refs for the loss, but they f**ked up, period. I'm still pissed about it.

As far as the play-calling...I didn't like it, but again...that run by Kaep before the timeout was a good call. Then 2 other plays should have been flagged but weren't. How do you put the entire game on the playcalling when 2 of the 4 plays should have been flags? The playcalling also got us back into the game. So, it's hard to put everything on the coaching. Still would have wished we ran the ball. But if we did and got stuffed, you'd all be crying about us not throwing the ball. No-win situation here.
Share 49ersWebzone