LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this.

bowman had his hands on him within the 5 yards. when the ball was in the air, he took his hands off of him then made a play on the ball as it got close.

The Bowman play was a 4th and 5 and when you watch the replay white would have caught the ball half yard short and would of bad to turn and extend . Not to mention Bowman made a play on the ball and batted it down in front of white.

Crabtree was 4th and goal from the 6 yard line. The hold started on the goal line and a play was made on the WR not the ball.
[ Edited by nj9er on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM ]
  • Jiks
Super Bowlscuses
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Super Bowlscuses

Doesnt have the right ring to it.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Super Bowlscuses

We got beat plain and simple. Flaaco had no turnovers, and made the clutch plays we didn't. They made the catches in the red zone. Special teams was better. Better on third down. We started horribly. Penalties and turnovers leading to 14 points.

The refs didn't help, but the Ravens played Super Bowl caliber all game while we only did second half.
Super Bowlscuses

We got beat plain and simple. Flaaco had no turnovers, and made the clutch plays we didn't. They made the catches in the red zone. Special teams was better. Better on third down. We started horribly. Penalties and turnovers leading to 14 points.

The refs didn't help, but the Ravens played Super Bowl caliber all game while we only did second half.

Flacco had one INT...should have been two..but no call was made

[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

The play calling lost the game...that was the worst four down segment I have ever seen.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Flacco had one INT...should have been two..but no call was made

If you say so... Smart play by the offense if you ask me. Even if called, not an int... Also forgot about Jacoby's td at the end of the quarter. Wide open but that's the refs too. 21-3.
Super Bowlscuses

Remember Brooks false start at the beginning of the game that gave them another chance to score a TD...that was 4 points right there.
What about the flag on the very first play. That alone took the wind out of the sails.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by bigwads:
Super Bowlscuses

Remember Brooks false start at the beginning of the game that gave them another chance to score a TD...that was 4 points right there.

Exactly... We got beat, for me it's still bitter to this day, but it's the truth.. If we wouldn't have killed ourselves the refs wouldn't have even been a factor. We put ourselves in that position. Refs helped us when Akers flopped on his missed kick just as much as they helped the Ravens. There was also the no call when ICE hit Flacco plainly out of bounds. Also wasting a timeout in the 3rd and wasting a timout on the final drive. If we didn't waste that second to last timeout we still have 40+ seconds left to try to score again instead of 11 or whatever before the punt.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Mar 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM ]

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Probably on the most blatant non-call on that helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver near the goal line.

Thank you, no flag on that play or the holding call in the endzone. Worst...Officiating...EVER!!

we really need to get over it and move on!!
Originally posted by kentc1978:
What about the flag on the very first play. That alone took the wind out of the sails.

lol tell it to the Falcons when we went down 17-0 in their house...first play was huge..but not a turning point in the game...IMO the turning point was when the Ravens got the PI called in their second to last drive(less contact then the Crabtree play)...
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

The play calling lost the game...that was the worst four down segment I have ever seen.

This, along with the execution.
You guys kill me. It's like you think the game is just guys running plays. The 34 points the Ravens scored had nothing to do with it. I think it comes from playing too much Madden. Again, in 47 Super Bowls, no winning team has EVER given up 34 points and you guys blame an offense that scored more points than half of all winning Super Bowl teams. Is it Madden? Do you guys play that game? Is that why you tend to completely forget or discount one entire basic element of a football game?
Whats getting me about this thread is its turned into a refs screwed the niners discussion when it should be a why the f**k was crabtree in for the final drive if he lost his vision thread? If crabtree could barely see Crabtree actually could have very well cost us the super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone