LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
This thread was generated because Michael Crabtree himself stated that he lost vision on the final drive.
I don't see the point in trying to turn this into an "excuse" thread. Nobody is making excuses. The thread title is factual. Stick to the FACTS and you won't have to worry about assuming people are making excuses...

I'm not making excuses, but it does illustrate the absurdity in saying that the refs should, "Just let them play.", during the Super Bowl.

The rules are put in place for a reason. They should be enforced like they would be in any other game. To do otherwise clearly compromises player safety, which the NFL is (over)emphasizing for reasons that can be debated elsewhere.
when it comes to helmet to helmet...................... when in doubt. throw the flag. unless it's a crucial superbowl moment...... then keep the flags i the pocket and let the players play.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran

Getting blown at half or not the 2nd half we dominated with no helps from the refs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
if you want to play the game you gotta catch the ball luv. all year long our team was touted as the bullies of the nfl. well the ravens were the ones who punched us in the mouth and our reaction or the coaches reaction at the end, was to crawl into a fetal position

sorry but i said nothing wrong. the coaches did craw into a fetal position at the end of the game. I know i am in the minority here with my views but people in the minority are usually able to see things more clearly then those in the majority

stop crowning yourself as the end all and be all, people are entitled to their opinions.
and i to can have an opinion, even when i dare decide run counter to the popular notions. just because the refs against us is popular, that does not make it right. what is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular.. and in regards to crabs whining about his loss of vision, he should have removed himself instead of trying to make himself out to be a victim two months after the fact. catch the ball and take the hit. that is what big players do on the big stage. sorry but i do not feel like babying crabs today
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he should've acted unconscious after that. Then they'd HAVE to throw the flag.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
It has nothing to do with majority vs minority. You cannot even discuss the illegal and dangerous hit on Crabtree that may have caused him temporary blindness because you are so jaded by the people who are angry about how the game played out towards the end. Please, tell me how that hit was legal and not a danger to our player's health?
it was not called so it was deemed not to be an infraction of the rules. you can quibble about if that was the right call or not but the bottom line to me is you have to overcome those things with big plays , the players and the coaches failed miserably at that task at the end
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Ciowa would still putt the blame on crabs because he didn't get up fast enough.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
it was not called so it was deemed not to be an infraction of the rules. you can quibble about if that was the right call or not but the bottom line to me is you have to overcome those things with big plays , the players and the coaches failed miserably at that task at the end

Bro, I'm a huge advocate for freedom of speech, but sometimes you need to choose your battles. You aren't going to win this one and you're just going to piss people off if you continue to try.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that's as "helmet to helmet" as you can get! But since the refs decided to be invisible and let them play, I guess it's not illegal.

Jim just got out coached in the sense that John recognized that the refs weren't going to call anything. For example, the 7 holding calls that never were on that safety punt. Jim should've told everyone on the free kick return to hold and tackle the defenders.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Bro, I'm a huge advocate for freedom of speech, but sometimes you need to choose your battles. You aren't going to win this one and you're just going to piss people off if you continue to try.

especially when theres so much proof, lol

you can find these types under bridges

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Ciowa would still putt the blame on crabs because he didn't get up fast enough.
alot of players catch the ball, get hit harder that that, catch the ball and make the play now he cries about it two months later. the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies
.......................hurry up September.
that was a pretty blatant blow to the head, but it was pretty obvious the refs weren't gonna call anything.

let's not forget the possilbe PI on Roddy White in the NFC Championship game that wasn't called on Bowman.
How is he crying about it? You paint such a negative picture on a situation you have no clue of the context. Like I said before, we don't even know if the hit in question is what he was referring to. Maybe you should start questioning why you find yourself in the minority so often?

some people enjoy being contrarians
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
especially when theres so much proof, lol

you can find these types under bridges
yes we cherry pick a few photos. how about you cherry picking all of the mistakes we made( oh i forgot any mistake we made were caused by the refs) and make a nice little photo frame of those things. of course we can not do that because that would throw cold water on the refs were against us all game long theory we can not have that now can we? god forbid you go against the majority here, it is nice to know that the "do not like the message kill the messenger" theory is alive and well on the webzone. i was confused about who i am but now i see i am a troll because i disagree with the majority view and will not baby crabtree. thank you for clearing that stuff up guys
Share 49ersWebzone