There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe i am in denial and maybe i have to much faith in this part of the game but i really really really believe after james picked up two yards on first down vs a run heavy raven d,,, there was no way, no way with the three headed monster of gore/ck/dixon behind that line and hell maybe throw in soap back there,,,,,, we would have been stopped on second or third down. i believe that so much and to think the guys never even got a chance is just beyond sad, frustrating whatever you want to say

You could be right...but you never know, man. LMJ could have fumbled too. Can't get pissed off over what you think could have happened. We'll be back and we will win....and you and I will be e-high-fiving! It will happen.
it will not happen if we do not sign woodson you know
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision. Their calls on the last series were horrible. They were 5 yards away and were ripping off long runs. So they decided to pass and pass and lose the Super Bowl. They could make it 5 yards with the best O Line in the league and an elite RB and an excellent running QB.

ck could have probably fallen down across the line of scrimmage and made it into the end zone. even little f**king james got two yards on first down to make it, as SD said, second and goal from the five.. then you have a well rested gore or dixon behind that line,,,,, the site of gore being used as a decoy playing checkers was almost as maddening as seeing bowman and willis waste away in pass coverage when they should have been used to bring pressure in the game,, speaking of dumb ass coaching

That last series still haunts me. We could have won that Super Bowl. You don't get these opportunities every year. There is no guarantee we are there next year.
Can we please get this thread back on topic? If not, please
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah seriously. I thought that fumble against the Giants was as bad as it got.

In the superbowl I seriously was thinking hopefully our defense can stop them after we score. I had us scoring in the bag. I was floored by the subsequent plays. I was putting it on our defense just assuming our offense with 4 plays in the redzone after Gore ran it 30 yards was a given. Yeah this one burns to vast depths of the soul.
sad to say,, of course this is the truth. if people like aldon smith were hurt and crabs could not see,, then they should have been removed, aldon especially hurt us more than he helped,, then to make up for lack of pass rush, you could have done something with your two all pro linebackers

I saw Aldon with some good pressure, forcing flacco out of the pocket and had him running for his life. When he threw up a prayer that shouldn't have had a chance, the secondary let us down and let the receiver make the catch. Plenty of blame to go around.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah seriously. I thought that fumble against the Giants was as bad as it got.

In the superbowl I seriously was thinking hopefully our defense can stop them after we score. I had us scoring in the bag. I was floored by the subsequent plays. I was putting it on our defense just assuming our offense with 4 plays in the redzone after Gore ran it 30 yards was a given. Yeah this one burns to vast depths of the soul.

You guys are not making it easy on me...I really don't wanna relive that last drive...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision. Their calls on the last series were horrible. They were 5 yards away and were ripping off long runs. So they decided to pass and pass and lose the Super Bowl. They could make it 5 yards with the best O Line in the league and an elite RB and an excellent running QB.

ck could have probably fallen down across the line of scrimmage and made it into the end zone. even little f**king james got two yards on first down to make it, as SD said, second and goal from the five.. then you have a well rested gore or dixon behind that line,,,,, the site of gore being used as a decoy playing checkers was almost as maddening as seeing bowman and willis waste away in pass coverage when they should have been used to bring pressure in the game,, speaking of dumb ass coaching

That last series still haunts me. We could have won that Super Bowl. You don't get these opportunities every year. There is no guarantee we are there next year.
thats right. of course i want to believe we will come back, this will drive us and motivate us blah blah blah but we can not just assume we will be back. i know we have a better defense and running game and coaching than they did but i still can not help think about the old marino dolphins who always assumed they would be back winning multiple titles after they lost to us in 84
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision. Their calls on the last series were horrible. They were 5 yards away and were ripping off long runs. So they decided to pass and pass and lose the Super Bowl. They could make it 5 yards with the best O Line in the league and an elite RB and an excellent running QB.

ck could have probably fallen down across the line of scrimmage and made it into the end zone. even little f**king james got two yards on first down to make it, as SD said, second and goal from the five.. then you have a well rested gore or dixon behind that line,,,,, the site of gore being used as a decoy playing checkers was almost as maddening as seeing bowman and willis waste away in pass coverage when they should have been used to bring pressure in the game,, speaking of dumb ass coaching

That last series still haunts me. We could have won that Super Bowl. You don't get these opportunities every year. There is no guarantee we are there next year.

I hate to sound like a negative Nancy, but I don't think we get another good shot like this for 5-10-15 years, who knows. None of this has to do with talent--I believe we're the most talented team in the league...it has to do with circumstance and probability. Just don't think we'll get this close again. NFL has too much parity and there are just too many things that have to go right to have a SB year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah seriously. I thought that fumble against the Giants was as bad as it got.

In the superbowl I seriously was thinking hopefully our defense can stop them after we score. I had us scoring in the bag. I was floored by the subsequent plays. I was putting it on our defense just assuming our offense with 4 plays in the redzone after Gore ran it 30 yards was a given. Yeah this one burns to vast depths of the soul.
sad to say,, of course this is the truth. if people like aldon smith were hurt and crabs could not see,, then they should have been removed, aldon especially hurt us more than he helped,, then to make up for lack of pass rush, you could have done something with your two all pro linebackers

I saw Aldon with some good pressure, forcing flacco out of the pocket and had him running for his life. When he threw up a prayer that shouldn't have had a chance, the secondary let us down and let the receiver make the catch. Plenty of blame to go around.
you are right and i was just trying to go back to talking about the loss of vision crabs had. beeker is right though
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we just stop with the excuses,, he lost vision, the refs sucked. my little dog got ran over by a steamroller. we flat out sucked on offense for two quarters, we flat out sucked on defense for a vast majority of the game, the special ed teams flat out sucked as usual and the coaches were either unable or unwilling to use the best rushing attack in the nfl behind the best run blocking line in the nfl to pick up five lousy yards after even little james got two on first down. i know it makes some of you feel better to find someone else to blame but we simply did not play well enough to earn that win, missed tackles, no pass rush, not ready for a fake punt safety that everyone knew was coming and epic fail at crunch time by the coaches

The bad calls were contributing factors in the loss. Ignoring them is no different than ignoring the slow start by the offense or the missed tackles.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I hate to sound like a negative Nancy, but I don't think we get another good shot like this for 5-10-15 years, who knows. None of this has to do with talent--I believe we're the most talented team in the league...it has to do with circumstance and probability. Just don't think we'll get this close again. NFL has too much parity and there are just too many things that have to go right to have a SB year.
first thing , we have to do what we do and control what we can control,, and if that means we are in a game where it "seems" calls are going against us,, we just have to rise above that. i hope the coaches and niner players are moving forward with a plan and not just setting around worrying about allegedly getting "screwed" in the super bowl
This information would have been good in the huddle! SMH......Crabtree is a moron.
Originally posted by cciowa:
if the coaches would have given the strong point of our offense a chance to win the game , it would not have come down to the alleged misdeeds that were perpetrated against us by the refs, the nfl, the commish and god himself that day


Yes, running the ball four times would have meant an automatic victory. We should stop pointing out facts like missed calls and focus on what we KNOW would have happened if the the play calling had been different.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The bad calls were contributing factors in the loss. Ignoring them is no different than ignoring the slow start by the offense or the missed tackles.

ok,, there were bad calls ok? of i agree but if we had the elite team we were sold on,, they would have found a way to over come it and win.. and i will always adhere to the most controversial play or call of all never would have occured had we tried to run the ball in on second and third down.. i just happen to think that in any level, high school, college or pro football, the refs do not determine whether you win or lose the game. i know many disagree, i know many packer fans disagree and thats ok
Originally posted by cciowa:
alot of players catch the ball, get hit harder that that, catch the ball and make the play now he cries about it two months later. the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies

The longer who babies them? Please don't tell me that you believe that we as fans have an effect on the players. The idea that we make the players babies or tough guys with what we post on the Internet is delusional.
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok,, there were bad calls ok? of i agree but if we had the elite team we were sold on,, they would have found a way to over come it and win.. and i will always adhere to the most controversial play or call of all never would have occured had we tried to run the ball in on second and third down.. i just happen to think that in any level, high school, college or pro football, the refs do not determine whether you win or lose the game. i know many disagree, i know many packer fans disagree and thats ok

WE do not have a team, I was not sold anything and nobody knows what would have happened if they had run the ball on second and third.
If a team down by two kicks a field goal at the end of the game and the ref mistakenly calls it a miss that call doesn't determine the outcome of a game? I can't agree with that.