There are 269 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The bad calls were contributing factors in the loss. Ignoring them is no different than ignoring the slow start by the offense or the missed tackles.

ok,, there were bad calls ok? of i agree but if we had the elite team we were sold on,, they would have found a way to over come it and win.. and i will always adhere to the most controversial play or call of all never would have occured had we tried to run the ball in on second and third down.. i just happen to think that in any level, high school, college or pro football, the refs do not determine whether you win or lose the game. i know many disagree, i know many packer fans disagree and thats ok
Originally posted by cciowa:
alot of players catch the ball, get hit harder that that, catch the ball and make the play now he cries about it two months later. the longer you baby them, the longer they will be babies

The longer who babies them? Please don't tell me that you believe that we as fans have an effect on the players. The idea that we make the players babies or tough guys with what we post on the Internet is delusional.
ok,, there were bad calls ok? of i agree but if we had the elite team we were sold on,, they would have found a way to over come it and win.. and i will always adhere to the most controversial play or call of all never would have occured had we tried to run the ball in on second and third down.. i just happen to think that in any level, high school, college or pro football, the refs do not determine whether you win or lose the game. i know many disagree, i know many packer fans disagree and thats ok

WE do not have a team, I was not sold anything and nobody knows what would have happened if they had run the ball on second and third.
If a team down by two kicks a field goal at the end of the game and the ref mistakenly calls it a miss that call doesn't determine the outcome of a game? I can't agree with that.
We lost, there were missed calls, and our playcalling could've been better. We should have given Gore a couple shots because he has been the heart and soul of this team for years, our OL mauled the Ravens, Ngata was out, and we had already rushed for 192yds in the game. Crabtree was mauled and our coaches froze in the final moments. All of this does not take away from back to back excellent seasons in which both years we died hard and the opponent was both lucky and good enough to get a win and claim the Super Bowl trophy.

It is hard to sustain success after a Super Bowl year because you normally lose coaches and a lot of players and you inherit a tough schedule. We have proved we can handle this and we have retained our coaches as well as 19 of our 22 starters. We have 14 draft picks after adding Boldin, Dawson, Dorsey, Skuta and Dahl. We will improve our talent and depth and our schedule will be arguably easier this season. Just think we went on the road last season and beat GB, NO, NE and ATL. We beat all the elite QBs in this league and some of them twice in a couple seasons.

Everyone knows that we are for real. We haven't fallen off and we will compete for Super Bowls at least the next 5 seasons. This is why I don't buy into this mess about Super Bowl losers not getting back because we are different already. A lot recent SB contestants didn't get back to the playoffs or advance because they couldn't sustain success after catching lightning in a bottle during their winning years. Just think, a lot of teams either win an easy division every year (NE) or they inherit a soft schedule and high draft picks due to not being a playoff team the previous year then they qualify and get hot. They win then they lose coaches and players. They get low round draft picks and a tougher schedule and then they can't deal with it. Case in point NYG, PIT, GB, ARI, IND, CHI and BAL will be next.
The list goes on and on.

They can't do it again because they aren't built for long term dominance whether it be depth in coaching, personnel, salary cap structure or draft picks. We have shown from 2011 to 2013 that we are not a fluke but that we are a contender year in, year out because we have sustenance due to a very bright front office and a blossoming coaching staff. It should not take much more for us to have a little faith in our team. We have arrived. Go 49ers. And yes, the PR department might want to have a talk with Crabtree so he doesn't say too much
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 28, 2013 at 7:04 PM ]
WHAT HE SAID!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
WHAT HE SAID!

Ditto. GO NINERS!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
please god almighty

STOP

Its like a savage car accident. I don't want to watch and can't handle this, but i can't look away.

So true bro..the pain, the horror, the horror...not getting over it, not yet, not any time in the near future..
If he truly lost his vision, then he should've at least told Kap, if not Harbaugh. I know he didn't want to come out of the game, but if you can't see, how in the heck can you catch the ball. Then he goes on to say, "we should've run the ball". No kidding, Michael. I love how he's developed as a WR, but honestly sometimes he opens his mouth when he shouldn't.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
If he truly lost his vision, then he should've at least told Kap, if not Harbaugh. I know he didn't want to come out of the game, but if you can't see, how in the heck can you catch the ball. Then he goes on to say, "we should've run the ball". No kidding, Michael. I love how he's developed as a WR, but honestly sometimes he opens his mouth when he shouldn't.

I don't know what is wrong about what he said. Everyone and their Mom knows we should've run the ball.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
what was lost in the shuffle in his interview was his comments on a divided locker room for a couple of weeks. not surprising but to the credit of the players and coaches, we fans never heard anything about this at all. that is pretty impressive. joe montana, steve young and the niner players from yesteryear could have learned something from this guys! back then both quarterbacks used their team mates and a willing media to push thier issue and it was a major major distraction. considering how hungry the media is for a qb controversy and how many leaks there could be, i really compliment the players and coaches for keeping that stuff in house. as crabs said, it only lasted a couple weeks untill everyone saw what ck could do

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

I don't know what is wrong about what he said. Everyone and their Mom knows we should've run the ball.

I think what Crabtree is doing here is actually a rare thing among professional athletes that some of us like to call "telling the truth." Kind of refreshing really.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision. Their calls on the last series were horrible. They were 5 yards away and were ripping off long runs. So they decided to pass and pass and lose the Super Bowl. They could make it 5 yards with the best O Line in the league and an elite RB and an excellent running QB.

ck could have probably fallen down across the line of scrimmage and made it into the end zone. even little f**king james got two yards on first down to make it, as SD said, second and goal from the five.. then you have a well rested gore or dixon behind that line,,,,, the site of gore being used as a decoy playing checkers was almost as maddening as seeing bowman and willis waste away in pass coverage when they should have been used to bring pressure in the game,, speaking of dumb ass coaching

That last series still haunts me. We could have won that Super Bowl. You don't get these opportunities every year. There is no guarantee we are there next year.

How is it Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision on the last series when it was Kaep that audibled out of 2 of the plays?
That does look like a vicous hit. Still though, no excuses, let's get the job done and win that Superbowl.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is why I don't buy into this mess about Super Bowl losers not getting back because we are different already. A lot recent SB contestants didn't get back to the playoffs or advance because they couldn't sustain success after catching lightning in a bottle during their winning years.
I agree. The Giants missed the playoffs this year after being only 9-7 the year they won the Super Bowl. The Ravens will probably miss the playoffs this year after dismantling their team. The Niners seem to have been more dominant regular season teams, and have done a better job of retaining players.
I lost vision in the SB too, due to toxic levels of alcohol after the opening kickoff in the second half
Share 49ersWebzone