LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Crabtree lost vision in SB...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I don't know exactly what foul that was but my instincts tell me that we got f**king raped on that play. If not and that was legal then Goldson and Whitener got burned by the refs about 100 times this season. Goldson makes that hit and we lose yardage every time.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by AmpLee:

I don't know exactly what foul that was but my instincts tell me that we got f**king raped on that play. If not and that was legal then Goldson and Whitener got burned by the refs about 100 times this season. Goldson makes that hit and we lose yardage every time.

2 things here:
1. It actually WAS a catch - control of the ball and 2 steps. Therefore, the ball should have been spotted where it went out of bounds - about the 3.
2. Blatant "Leading with the crown of the helmet" illegal hit on Crabtree by Williams - not called. Had it been called, it would have been 1st and goal from the 2.5 yard line (half the distance to the goal). GUARAN-FRICKIN-TEED they run it in from the 2.5.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:22 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
I don't like the whole..."Yes, the police abused their power, but you shouldn't have been out late at night" mentality I'm seeing here.

Fact: 9ers did not bring their A game
Fact: The refs missed MANY key calls that went against the 9ers.

No one is blaming the refs for the loss, but they f**ked up, period. I'm still pissed about it.

As far as the play-calling...I didn't like it, but again...that run by Kaep before the timeout was a good call. Then 2 other plays should have been flagged but weren't. How do you put the entire game on the playcalling when 2 of the 4 plays should have been flags? The playcalling also got us back into the game. So, it's hard to put everything on the coaching. Still would have wished we ran the ball. But if we did and got stuffed, you'd all be crying about us not throwing the ball. No-win situation here.
maybe i am in denial and maybe i have to much faith in this part of the game but i really really really believe after james picked up two yards on first down vs a run heavy raven d,,, there was no way, no way with the three headed monster of gore/ck/dixon behind that line and hell maybe throw in soap back there,,,,,, we would have been stopped on second or third down. i believe that so much and to think the guys never even got a chance is just beyond sad, frustrating whatever you want to say
  • thl408
I lost my vision from crying like a little bltch after the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by thl408:

Thankfully I was drunk enough that my vision was pretty much gone by the final five minutes. I ALMOST blacked out those final plays in the red zone.

Thankfully I was drunk enough that my vision was pretty much gone by the final five minutes. I ALMOST blacked out those final plays in the red zone.
Ditto for me. Cried like a 12 year old girl with a skinned knee
Originally posted by cciowa:
maybe i am in denial and maybe i have to much faith in this part of the game but i really really really believe after james picked up two yards on first down vs a run heavy raven d,,, there was no way, no way with the three headed monster of gore/ck/dixon behind that line and hell maybe throw in soap back there,,,,,, we would have been stopped on second or third down. i believe that so much and to think the guys never even got a chance is just beyond sad, frustrating whatever you want to say

You could be right...but you never know, man. LMJ could have fumbled too. Can't get pissed off over what you think could have happened. We'll be back and we will win....and you and I will be e-high-fiving! It will happen.
Originally posted by Beeker:

I cried on my way to work the next morning when i was just sobering up.

I remember going home on the streetcar just looking off into the distance....eyes were wattery but I held it together. This one really hurt...probably because I was so certain we would score on that last drive. It's funny what has changed over the last few years. I went from just wanting to have a .500 record to damn near crying about not winning the SB on the last drive. What a trip!
Harbaugh and Roman lost their vision. Their calls on the last series were horrible. They were 5 yards away and were ripping off long runs. So they decided to pass and pass and lose the Super Bowl. They could make it 5 yards with the best O Line in the league and an elite RB and an excellent running QB.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Beeker:

I cried on my way to work the next morning when i was just sobering up.

Got to work the next day - only thing people could ask me for the first hour -
"Are you okay?"

Why wasn't the media harping on how the ravens D won the game.

I remember going home on the streetcar just looking off into the distance....eyes were wattery but I held it together. This one really hurt...probably because I was so certain we would score on that last drive. It's funny what has changed over the last few years. I went from just wanting to have a .500 record to damn near crying about not winning the SB on the last drive. What a trip!

Yeah seriously. I thought that fumble against the Giants was as bad as it got.

In the superbowl I seriously was thinking hopefully our defense can stop them after we score. I had us scoring in the bag. I was floored by the subsequent plays. I was putting it on our defense just assuming our offense with 4 plays in the redzone after Gore ran it 30 yards was a given. Yeah this one burns to vast depths of the soul.

Yeah seriously. I thought that fumble against the Giants was as bad as it got.

In the superbowl I seriously was thinking hopefully our defense can stop them after we score. I had us scoring in the bag. I was floored by the subsequent plays. I was putting it on our defense just assuming our offense with 4 plays in the redzone after Gore ran it 30 yards was a given. Yeah this one burns to vast depths of the soul.

This one tops the 92 NFCCG for me. Maybe those wounds will finally close now.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
I'm proud to say I never came close to crying. I just felt dead inside and couldn't fall asleep.
Share 49ersWebzone