All Time Favorite San Francisco 49ers Team Year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

no brothaz....we had a girl @ RB

/thread

Lol ... you sure that's not the 2005 team???
44 does look like a little rathman.. i never knew kendall hunter (32 ) was white as a little kid

Delanie Walker was white, too, apparently ....(46)

DAFUQ? this is a pic of the the 2004 team, lol

no brothaz....we had a girl @ RB

/thread

Lol ... you sure that's not the 2005 team???
44 does look like a little rathman.. i never knew kendall hunter (32 ) was white as a little kid

Delanie Walker was white, too, apparently ....(46)

DAFUQ? this is a pic of the the 2004 team, lol

You started it, DBW!!!! You shoulda KNOWN it was gonna get silly, FAST .....

I am the straw that stirs dis drink....

I am the straw that stirs dis drink....

This is true.
I'd sayh tha 1994 team won super bowl I remember watching it loving it... I was teenager really came into my own in understanding tha game only 49er fan also my dad was a Denver fan ...
LaMichael James is a white girl.....

even after our patched up O-Line almost got Steve killed againST the Chiefs , and the Eagles mopped the floor with us at home that year , we all had that feeling it was only a bump in the road

when Steve came back into the Detroit game after getting BLASTED, and lead us back to a W ....we knew that it was OUR YEAR ...
It's always a toss up between '89 and '94 for me. I always lean towards '94 tho cause I was in high school and my knowledge of football was more advanced therefore I could appreciate the team more. Also the niners-cowboy rivalry was just so special, the outcomes of the prior two seasons made '94 that much more special. The '98 team also hold a special place for me cause I consider it our last dynasty team. I still wonder what they could have done if Hearst didn't get hurt on the first drive vs ATL.
http://youtu.be/OZEqQqyjqHI

This is the game I always remember about '94. Deion fights rison, and Steve goes 15/16 in the first half with 4 tds. Coming off the comeback in Detroit I feel like this Atlanta game is where the team started to develop its swagger.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Mar 27, 2013 at 12:20 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i think i have decided the 84 team was my favorite and the best team in niner history. that years team did not have to buy a title with free agents. what should make that team scary for anyone is the fact jerry rice was not on the team then. having a home game sort of in the super bowl and seeing craig high stepping into the end zone is a awesome memory

Yes I know we didn't, but it was still the best team ever.
i think i have decided the 84 team was my favorite and the best team in niner history. that years team did not have to buy a title with free agents. what should make that team scary for anyone is the fact jerry rice was not on the team then. having a home game sort of in the super bowl and seeing craig high stepping into the end zone is a awesome memory

I agree that '84 was the best, I was only 5 so all I know about the team is through highlights and any games I found on YouTube. To think that team was a blown inference call away from a perfect season. I also love that the '84 squad shutout what would become the '85 bears in the conference title game that year.

I'm only 27, so the only Super Bowl I got to see was XXIX when I was 9, and at 9 years old you don't know enough about the game to appreciate it as much as you do when you're older.

Sure, we lost in the NFCCG, but the season just had an element of magic to it. After years of vomit-inducing football, we had a team that competed every week and dominated on defense.

Plus, I went to the Niners/Saints game with my girlfriend and it was the greatest game I've ever seen.
1994! Forever Young!!! Proving that Dallas could be beat & that Steve could win the BIG ONE...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
1994! Forever Young!!! Proving that Dallas could be beat & that Steve could win the BIG ONE...
only because we had to break the bank and set the stage for salary cap hell down the road in my opinion
Share 49ersWebzone